PDA

View Full Version : 26dett prob

theyellownerd
05-13-2008, 03:04 PM
had an rb26 installed into my car... wiring..good vacuum... so so... fixed most of the problems... but still have a bad idle and will die when letting off the throttle... narrowed it down to the fact that it turns out we have after market injectors without any air/fuel management system to correct the balance and it is running way too rich. so i bought and correctly installed the new afc neo and have the initial set up complete... after getting into the system, i realized that my knowledge has reached its peak and do not know where to go from here. if anyone has any suggestions, ie: how to do a basic setting on the neo, or get my car running better (lol), i am all ears. also, it is running worse since the neo is in, obviously because it has no settings on it yet. thank you for your time. socal people willing to help!! lol

[email protected]

((sr)) kelly
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
you need to go into the high/low throttle settings..you can reach your fuel trims there... since you have no idea what size the injectors are, start leaning it out in small increments. id say 5% at a time....keep drawing the fuel down till it idles fine... do you have a wideband? If you are going to blind tune it, then get it streetable, and baby it to a tuner.

just draw the fuel down from as low as you can go to about 3000 rpms. so you can limp to a tuner

theyellownerd
05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
they are purple injectors and everything ive read so far has led me to believe they are in the 550 to 600 range... does that info make a difference? lol

Erjay1
05-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Best thing to do will probably be to take it or tow it to a tuner. I'd be really pissed if I killed my RB26. Post pics.

bardabe
05-13-2008, 05:21 PM
First of all Pics or i Vote BS. I have yet to meet an RB26 owner that is this big of a noobie. also the pics better have your Screen name on a piece of paper sitting on the valve covers with a current date.

-Juan

theyellownerd
05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
dont need to prove to no one but my friends and family... i didnt come on here to brag... i came to get technical advice and if you dont have any... then vote bs, it doesnt matter... and for erjay.. i will post pics as soon as i figure out how to get them off my new phone.. lol

First of all Pics or i Vote BS. I have yet to meet an RB26 owner that is this big of a noobie. also the pics better have your Screen name on a piece of paper sitting on the valve covers with a current date.

-Juan

theyellownerd
05-13-2008, 08:44 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/th_SANY0009.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=SANY0009.jpg)http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/th_SANY0010.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=SANY0010.jpg) http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/th_IMAG0028.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=SANY0010.jpg) http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/th_1-2.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=IMAG0028.jpg)
more to come
(http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=1-2.jpg)

theyellownerd
05-13-2008, 09:52 PM
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/th_IMAG0027.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=IMAG0027.jpg) http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/th_IMAG0029.jpg (http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i114/theyellownerd/?action=view&current=IMAG0027.jpg)

theyellownerd
05-13-2008, 09:58 PM
as an update... went to my car today and wanted to fire it up... just turning over and over again.... pulled out a spark plug... FOULED! bad... these are brand new (two weeks) and this is the second time i had to clean it... put it back in and what do you know, it started up... now to work on the idling problem again right? nope... after it killed itself... trying to restart was a joke... its all fouled up again.. too much fuel in there... but i dont know why it is so rich.... maybe i should get an adjustable fuel reg?

renegade_ewok
05-13-2008, 10:00 PM
maybe i should get an adjustable fuel reg?
That would probably be a step in the right direction. You are running an aftermarket fuel pump on original fuel regulator?

LongGrain
05-13-2008, 10:07 PM
you have big injectors and you dont know why its running rich?

the simplest solution would be to get some stock injectors...

theyellownerd
05-14-2008, 12:31 AM
you have big injectors and you dont know why its running lean?

is that a serious question?

did i ask why it was running lean?

the simplest solution would be to get some stock injectors...

stock injectors are not cheap nor can i just go and pick them up... and why wouldnt i tune up to the injectors rather than tune down my car?

for the rest who read this post... please offer reasonable and logical solutions to THE QUESTIONS I ASKED.... how to use, map out and tune the safc neo... and also if my fpr is bad?

coreansurfer
05-14-2008, 02:45 AM
bring your car to us, we do all kinds of rb swaps.

we can make it work.

OMGYO
05-14-2008, 03:21 AM
after larger injectors you should get a tune to correct the fuel map
http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=87580 check this out...it might help u

Nismoknightska-t
05-14-2008, 03:43 AM
dude... you live in socal.. tow it to one of the 34234234 local shops that can tune and its done.. simple..

posdrift240
05-14-2008, 06:16 AM
Well my Rb25 kinda has the same problem, Sometimes. Mostly when it warms up.

First off get a aftermarket Fuel pressure regulator so you can make sure the injectors are not getting a ton of fuel from the pump.

2nd, Check your timing. My 25 Stock ECU likes to secretly take timing out and will cause the car to stall and also run rich!!

3rd get a wideband 02, This will be a very good tuning tool.

4th, what plugs are you trying to run? if NGK, Throw them away, My RB Hates them. I Crossed mine over to a AcDelco and have not fouled a plug again.

5th, You can adjust the AFC fuel maps to lean it out. With the wideband 02 you can read the air/fuel mixture and make sure its correct without taking it to a tuner.

6th, Zilvia Blows when it comes to RB knowledge, There just a bunch of Rich Kids Who Daddy buys them toys to run there mouth about. If you want Real RB help the RB forum on NICO is your best friend, Really cool and knowledgeable guys over there.

((sr)) kelly
05-14-2008, 07:18 AM
i told you man.. draw down your fuel % throught the fuel trims...

ill sell you some stock GTR injectors if you want.. just drop them right in and fire it up

Blown240sx
05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Well my Rb25 kinda has the same problem, Sometimes. Mostly when it warms up.

First off get a aftermarket Fuel pressure regulator so you can make sure the injectors are not getting a ton of fuel from the pump.

2nd, Check your timing. My 25 Stock ECU likes to secretly take timing out and will cause the car to stall and also run rich!!

3rd get a wideband 02, This will be a very good tuning tool.

4th, what plugs are you trying to run? if NGK, Throw them away, My RB Hates them. I Crossed mine over to a AcDelco and have not fouled a plug again.

5th, You can adjust the AFC fuel maps to lean it out. With the wideband 02 you can read the air/fuel mixture and make sure its correct without taking it to a tuner.

6th, Zilvia Blows when it comes to RB knowledge, There just a bunch of Rich Kids Who Daddy buys them toys to run there mouth about. If you want Real RB help the RB forum on NICO is your best friend, Really cool and knowledgeable guys over there.

Do you know who makes ACDelco? NGK.... Sounds to me you wernt using the right plug.

If you think they are 550 or 600 do this. 444cc/550cc x 100 = 80% so you need to lower the map by 20% on the low throttle settings. Leaning it out to much at idle will not hurt the motor since there is no load. Worst case it will just shut off or miss. Try setting the low throttle settings on the SAFC to -20% from 800-1600rpms and see if it will idle.

PS if your going for power the SAFC isnt the right path. Get a Power FC to make power.

Erjay1
05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Thats badass! Where in SoCal are you? I'd like to check this out sometime.

theyellownerd
05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
bring your car to us, we do all kinds of rb swaps.

we can make it work.

thanks man... went there today.. talked to Linh... good guy. saw what you guys have in your shop and it seems promising. i will be bringing the car by tomorrow... again thanks.

brandon

coreansurfer
05-14-2008, 05:04 PM
np man post up when it all works out.

theyellownerd
05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
should be getting some kind of word on it today... thanks everyone for the advice... for those who suggested a wideband... i hope to be getting one soon so that i can learn to use it myself. when i get it all good and running though i will gladly post better pics... again with my phone though.. lol.. thanks everyone for the support

theyellownerd
05-17-2008, 05:47 PM
ok... engine is running smooth.. took it home today.... but theres a new problem... i need a new tranny. other shop left the rb26 tranny in and said they fixed the awd situation... when in fact they just plugged the hole in the transfer.... so i need an rb25det tranny... anyone selling one? seems they are harder to find than i thought...(after an hour of searching) .... but if anyone has any inexpensive leads.. send them this way... until then.... ill be searching away... thanks all...

coreansurfer
05-17-2008, 05:55 PM
linh might have one, hit him up.

theyellownerd
05-17-2008, 06:03 PM
linh might have one, hit him up.

lol.. asked him.. he doesnt have one for sale.... but he did have one but it has a home already.... so the search continues! haha

Blown240sx
05-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Remove the transfer gear from the case. Cut off the housing and weld it shut. RB26 tranny wa-la

theyellownerd
05-18-2008, 07:08 PM
wouldn't the gear in the tranny that runs the chain to the transfer still be spinning as if it were doing the same job? it seems id still have a transmission that thinks its running awd... would i have to weld that gear?

Remove the transfer gear from the case. Cut off the housing and weld it shut. RB26 tranny wa-la

Blown240sx
05-18-2008, 09:26 PM
wouldn't the gear in the tranny that runs the chain to the transfer still be spinning as if it were doing the same job? it seems id still have a transmission that thinks its running awd... would i have to weld that gear?

Why? If its just free spinning with no resistance what will it do? The transmission will still work regardless if the font axles are there or not so how would it be any different?

You dont have the AWD brain anyway? Does it even have the AWD brain on your version RB26?

TURBI
05-19-2008, 07:56 PM
mckinneymotorsports.com sells a rb25 tranny...I think they have 1 left

theyellownerd
05-20-2008, 02:48 PM
nah they are out... but i think ima go with the z32 tranny... supposed to be really reliable... says mckinney and jer

mckinneymotorsports.com sells a rb25 tranny...I think they have 1 left

MELLO*SOS
05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
Try Venus-Auto.com, but I'm sure they'll want a fortune.

Car looks nice & glad to hear you got the RB running again. Are you on the nico RB forum?

Blown240sx
05-20-2008, 05:23 PM
How much would you want for the 26 trans?

bardabe
05-20-2008, 05:34 PM
How much would you want for the 26 trans?

rbmotoring sells RB26 trannies for 400$

theyellownerd
05-20-2008, 08:57 PM
rbmotoring sells RB26 trannies for 400$

ill sell mine for 200 when i take it out... buuuuuuuuuuut.......... i have to keep the bell housing to mount up to the z32 tranny.....

Blown240sx
05-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Anyone know if the RB25 housing will match up?

theyellownerd
05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Anyone know if the RB25 housing will match up?

dont know... why you have a random rb25 housing sitting around? lol.. or do you have the whole tranny... wanna trade? haha

tt99ol
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
rb25 housing will work just fine
the 25 and 26 are the same block
to a certain extent
26 block is reinforced and has a different oil pump path

Erjay1
06-05-2008, 11:54 AM
any updates?

theyellownerd
06-05-2008, 07:22 PM
any updates?

other than taking it around the block the other week and blowing the ps? lol... no.. just savin the money that i spent on the 13 dd so that i can buy a new tranny... any donations? lol

MELLO*SOS
06-06-2008, 08:59 AM
How did the PS blow, was it the rack seals?

theyellownerd
06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
How did the PS blow, was it the rack seals?

power steering pump on the rb is a lot stronger than the ka rack... so when i took it out of the shop that did my work initially, it was blowing lines constantly... so we welded barbed fittings to the hardlines and double clamped them.. it worked for a while but eventually it still wasnt strong enough for the all mighty power of the RB!!! LOL.... but yeah i need a custom steel braided line put on with the fittings attached to it so it can just be wrenched on vs. trying to "mickey mouse" the problem... from there i still have issues... after i get a new tranny and fix the ps, i still need to re-do the way the engine is mounted up.. when driving it hits the cross member because of how low it is mounted... dont know if that is common with the syko mount kit, or if it just needs to be adjusted... might need mckinney mounts if it doesnt work out... until i raise the funds.. i will just be driving my new beloved s13... which i am growing very fond of.. but still nothing beats my 98 kouki...sooooooooo sexy... lol

MELLO*SOS
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Never heard of anyone having that issue yet. It was blowing apart on the rack return hardline to the hose? on the same subject, do you have a hicas pump, if so are you using the ps res from the skyline?

theyellownerd
06-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Never heard of anyone having that issue yet. It was blowing apart on the rack return hardline to the hose? on the same subject, do you have a hicas pump, if so are you using the ps res from the skyline?

yeah from the hardline to the hose.. thats why we welded a barb to the hardline... but it didnt do the job either...

i dont know about the hicas pump.. buuuuuuut.. the next time youre in cali you can come take a look mello

MELLO*SOS
06-06-2008, 12:01 PM
If it's a hicas pump it's longer and has another output port near the rear. I ask because the KA res uses a 15mm hose and the hicas rb pump uses a 20mm hose.. Sounds like some custom stainless lines will be your best bet.

theyellownerd
06-06-2008, 12:13 PM
i believe it is because where one line was had to be cut and welded closed. they did a shitty job and i had to re-do it anyways though... so yeah.. ima need those custom lines... thanks man!

theyellownerd
06-13-2008, 01:49 PM
YAY ITS MY BDAY TODAY.. so who got me the z32 tranny i need? lol

theyellownerd
12-11-2008, 09:58 PM
got the z32 tranny about a month ago... workin on getting it in now... money is alwasy the key! so theres the update haha

sc300fivespd
12-16-2008, 01:28 AM
why didnt you just convert to AWD? :(

VQMaxFan
12-16-2008, 01:32 AM
why didnt you just convert to AWD? :(

:smash:

why not buy a real r34 gtr....

sc300fivespd
12-16-2008, 01:34 AM
it would be lighter...

theyellownerd