PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE Wont Start, HELP

jesse5150
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Ok, so i went to tighten my powersteering belt and to get to one of the bolts i took unplugged then removed the distibuter. I adjusted the belt then put the distributer back in, im thinking i may have put the shaft in a little different position, would that matter?? Anyways i went to start my car and it was hard to start and ran for a second then would die. After a couple times of it dying it wouldnt start at all, i thought i was out of gas because my guage is kind of tempermental so i put gas in it and still no start...please any suggestions i gotta be places and dont wanna drive my mustang with no registration haha

FRpilot
05-12-2008, 01:48 PM
i'm pretty sure the distributor has a groove in it so it's idiot proof that you can't put it on the wrong way. sort of like gameboy games and floppy disk with their safety grooves. i'm pretty sure about that for sohc engines, and i would expect the dohc distributor to be the same.

it sounds like you crossed some wires for the distribtor and messed up the firing order because you say it runs for a second and then dies. sometimes a motor can run on 3 cylinders, but if you pluged one of the spark plug wires wrong, that means 2 cylinders are not getting spark at the right time.

just1pepsi
05-12-2008, 01:52 PM
I've never looked at a ka distributer, but every other dist i've seen can be put in 180deg opposte of where it should be, which means the engine wont run. Double check that your dist is in the correct position, and make sure you have all the wires hooked up tight and in the right order.

jesse5150
05-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Ok, i figured it was in right and theres no way i put it in a whole 180 off because i didnt disconect any of the plug wires, just the plug that plugs in for the crankangle sensor...AND i just went out and checked my ecu for codes and got an 11 which is the crankangle sensor circut...wtf could i have done?? and this sounds really dumb and i dont think it could do anything BUT if i tightened the belt too much could it affect anything,i really doubt i did because ive changed alot of belt and never affected anything but im just trying to consider all possibilities, thank you for your help....

jesse5150
05-12-2008, 02:15 PM
OK! JUST1PEPSI, you are a genius, i went out and flipped it just in case and it started right up, i must have some how reversed it but in any case THANK YOU!!! and also Thank you! frPilot

FRpilot
05-12-2008, 02:20 PM
if its the cas circuit, it's gotta be something with the distributor work you did. maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling again? or maybe something with the rotor?

tightened belts probably only cause annoying squeaking or if tightening is too extreme probably snapping. shouldn't be the problem.

FRpilot
05-12-2008, 02:22 PM
haha you work quick reinstalilng the distributor. before i could even post my response.

jesse5150
05-12-2008, 02:26 PM
haha yeah i was just goin in and out of the garage to the computer but thank you soo much for the help, now i have to go appoligize to my nieghbors for the langue i was using lol.