PDA

View Full Version : 1993 240sx: Does anyone use a vacuum pump to bleed brakes?

surreybc
05-10-2008, 01:23 AM
I have been using the vacuum pump method but once the vacuum is created air starts leaking in through the threads of the bleeder screw even when i have new bleeder screws and caliper. Does anyone else face this situation?

CoasTek240
05-10-2008, 01:30 AM
ive always just used russell speed bleeders.

try using teflon or some sort of sealant on your threads.
good luck

smelly240
05-10-2008, 04:17 AM
i just use a vac pump to fill the lines - then do it the ole fashioned way to finish it up - the vac pump is awesome for doing clutches.

i have those russell bleeders as well. they make it way easier to do the brakes bc u dont need another person.

surreybc
05-10-2008, 05:18 AM
i just use a vac pump to fill the lines - then do it the ole fashioned way to finish it up - the vac pump is awesome for doing clutches.

i have those russell bleeders as well. they make it way easier to do the brakes bc u dont need another person.

ok, i just dont understand why there isnt a warning about the bleeder valves leaking with vacuum pumps. I used something on the threads to seal it and i can use the vacuum pump for the whole process. it just freaked me out to see a never ending stream of air coming out.

g6civcx
05-10-2008, 05:58 AM
The best way is to use a new OEM bleeder with sealer. Bleed the traditional way.

I've found all other methods don't work as well.

Anto
05-10-2008, 06:21 AM
Yeah, i'll start bleeding the regular way, pump pedal & hold, but i'll stick the end of the tube into a water bottle with a bit of fluid in it. As long as the end of the tube sees no air, you can keep the bleeder open & pump away.
goes faast

babowc
05-10-2008, 06:40 PM
^same as what i do..
bottle of fluid + some tubing and you can do it allll by yourself.