PDA

View Full Version : SR20det Not pulling hard..neeed tech help

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Hello all

My friend brought his sr20det to me and the tps was bad to I changed it and check it with the consult program, then i checked the timiing. Upon putting the conzult on the laptop everything looked fine...when we pulled out the car on the road to drive on wastegate only it made 10psi and did not pull as hard as before the car came to me...I fixed 2 probs but not it does not pull anymore.. The car has bolt ones IHE, boost controller off. The car is not breaking up at all...I would like to get some help...If any one is good at using the consult i can look at some parameters and let you know whats going on.

JIm

just1pepsi
05-09-2008, 10:41 AM
sounds like maybe the throttle isnt opening all the way, or the ecu thinks it isnt.

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
right now im stumped and need to find out what else i can check.

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 10:45 AM
sounds like maybe the throttle isnt opening all the way, or the ecu thinks it isnt.
I am going to pull the ic pipe off and check.thanks

mifesto
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
is the boost tapering off alil at top end?

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 10:50 AM
is the boost tapering off alil at top end?
no im pretty sure its not really tapering off....its just when i hit the throttle its taking for ever to pull...also when i first start the car up and check timing on consult its 15..when i drive around and stop at a light for like 10-20 sec, the timing is all erratic..right now im going to check out the throttle plate to see if its open.

mifesto
05-09-2008, 10:57 AM
i wonder if your wastegate is starting to open way too early.... i had this issue with my old evo. had to readjust the turnbuckle.

just curious if it doesnt taper, is it creeping?

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
oh the square thing bucklet...umm idk...this car is sucha piece,,,btw the throttle plate was fine

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
i wonder if your wastegate is starting to open way too early.... i had this issue with my old evo. had to readjust the turnbuckle.

just curious if it doesnt taper, is it creeping?

maybe if ure confident u can come up to the shop..if u help im sure i can compenstate u

0wn3r
05-09-2008, 11:30 AM
I had what sounds like the same issue except for erratic timing...turned out to be the Cam Angel Sensor (CAS) and just resetting the timing.

Were you expecting 10psi or 7psi?

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 11:45 AM
i just check the maf wire whoa one was twisty tied..so i soldered it...its just one thing after another with the car..also the aftermarket knock off o2 housing is leaking from where the skinny sensor goes in and its tack welded in...so basically that might be the last prob left...so i NEED A STOCK 02 HOUSING if anyone has one..

just1pepsi
05-09-2008, 11:49 AM
wow, someone did some nice work before you got involved.. i'd bet thats only the tip of the iceberg. good luck.

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
iknow im trying

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 12:04 PM
how do u check the CAS..unlplug the plug and measure the 4 prongs

S14DB
05-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Check the timing.

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Check the timing.
i did a 1000 times

0wn3r
05-09-2008, 12:21 PM
how do u check the CAS..unlplug the plug and measure the 4 prongs

Well your first signs are either throwing a code or a cracked CAS cover. The one I had was cracked so it had a decent dirt film inside and I'm sure the LED inside didn't care for that. You can check the prongs if you'd like and remove the cover to see what it looks like for yourself...but you'll probably have to reset timing after you do all that.

My SR before the CAS replacement felt like a slug until it was really boosting then it felt just o-kayy.

While searching about the problem, someone else mentioned that the wires to the ignitor might be loose, but that didn't end up being a factor at all.

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Well your first signs are either throwing a code or a cracked CAS cover. The one I had was cracked so it had a decent dirt film inside and I'm sure the LED inside didn't care for that. You can check the prongs if you'd like and remove the cover to see what it looks like for yourself...but you'll probably have to reset timing after you do all that.

My SR before the CAS replacement felt like a slug until it was really boosting then it felt just o-kayy.

While searching about the problem, someone else mentioned that the wires to the ignitor might be loose, but that didn't end up being a factor at all.

the gasket it slike poking out of the cas btw the cover..ex would is if the gasket is too big

mifesto
05-09-2008, 01:01 PM
couple things i'd try next.... if its a timing issue(doesnt sound like it) just throw some fresh gas and see what it does. also i'd hunt for vacuum leaks.

anywayz if this was an evo i'd just jump straight in to help ya but yeah im not 100% confident considering im a 240 noob :(

(oh i just caught ur 'o2 housing leaks' portion. yeah gotta get that squared away before hunting for the little issues :) are you by chance also black smoke? just a hunch your running pig rich right now)

JTunedMotorsports
05-09-2008, 01:29 PM
couple things i'd try next.... if its a timing issue(doesnt sound like it) just throw some fresh gas and see what it does. also i'd hunt for vacuum leaks.

anywayz if this was an evo i'd just jump straight in to help ya but yeah im not 100% confident considering im a 240 noob :(

(oh i just caught ur 'o2 housing leaks' portion. yeah gotta get that squared away before hunting for the little issues :) are you by chance also black smoke? just a hunch your running pig rich right now)

once the kid give me the silo vac lines in redoing them..also im going to be putting a new o2 housing in. and gaskets..so il keep everyone posted