PDA

View Full Version : Orange Top Injectors?

pwrofdrm
05-08-2008, 02:28 PM
I've been doing some research on this but can't come up with anything solid...my redtop swap came with some injectors that are Orange topped. Not black with an orange dot, but the tops are completely orange.

I've talked to a few people including Jeff at Heavy Throttle and a few other SR guru's and no one can put their finger on what an Orange topped injector is out of. The car this swap came out of definitely wasn't stock over in JDM land, it has some sort of clutch, turbo coolant lines are disconnected, the turbo was changed, and it had a Z32 MAF. At least that's what I can tell so far, I am a Nissan n00b.

If anyone knows off hand or has a good guess as to what injectors these are let me know, I realize I'd have to get them flow tested to know exactly but an idea wouldn't hurt.

FRpilot
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
i would try to post some pics in the identify thread. might get more looks and help

EDacIouSX
05-08-2008, 02:42 PM
he's a noob? Maybe you are the noob cause you don't know what the orange top injectors are!! could of came off a nasa shuttle or something...

lol. anyway sorry i cannot help you. were they resprayed??? and cant you just take them out and measure them or something??

pwrofdrm
05-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks I didn't think about the Identify thread, that's a great idea for a thread!

No you can't just measure the opening in an injector, you have to put it on a flow bench of sorts. I don't have one of those in the garage :p

upSLIDEdown
05-08-2008, 03:17 PM
cant you just take them out and measure them or something??

Sorry, I LOLed.