PDA

View Full Version : wiretucking S13 KA24de

babowc
05-07-2008, 12:52 AM
Anyone got any good pointers on wiretucking???
I've not found much info on it and after removing my ecu harness.. i found out the fusebox harness was hell itself, lol.

I'm trying to get rid of a few useless wires and make the overall appearance of the bay cleaner and less cluttered..

lmk guys.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
05-07-2008, 01:39 AM
you can posi rep me everyday for the next month:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=148857&highlight=harness

ayuaddict
05-07-2008, 01:46 AM
ummmm....

i don't think thats what he's asking for.

i think he's asking for tips on cleaning up the wires in the engine bay, stuff like: running shit through frame, relocating fuse box, running injector wires under intake mani, etc.

besides, harness relocation and pinch weld smashing is common sense.

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
05-07-2008, 01:53 AM
i see what you mean. i didn't really read it.

+ rep for you then

GSXRJJordan
05-07-2008, 03:05 AM
Haha Alex, you rep whore.

You have to realize there are multiple wire harnesses in the bay - the upper and lower engine harnesses, and the accessory/engine bay harness. If you want to clean up the upper harness, look up engine harness wiring and take off the looms, lengthen some wires, cut others, and spend 8 hrs of your life taking a chance at killing your engine/ecu.

If you want to clean up the lower harness, good luck. There's a bunch of looming down there and it's all needed to protect the harness from the road.

The engine bay harness is teh big one ~ if you relocate the fuse box to the interior (I'll take pics when I do it), you can pull almost the entire harness from the bay - just leave wires for headlights, horn, signals, and the battery. That being said, you really don't see that harness too much, so it might not be worth your time.

onepuff
05-07-2008, 03:16 AM
Not a nissan but the same theories apply. Tons of good info and tips here.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1693934

drifxtfx1
05-07-2008, 03:44 AM
unplug on passenger side, pull all wires all da way through driver side. take dash off. need to take relays off boxes to fit through da holes. then just extend headlight wiring to headlights, also need to extend some engine and tranny wires to plug inside were ever u wanna put wire. cut to shorten and some wires and delete ones u don't need.

easier way go painless

CSil80
05-07-2008, 05:09 AM
I've been wanting to do this as well. Relocating the underhood fuse boxes into the cabin too. Do you plan on doing a write-up on it Jordan?

And what is this painless you speak of drifxt?

When it comes to wiring I go brain dead. Doesn't matter how much I read up on it, I draw a blank each time I try, lol.

Adam240
05-07-2008, 05:11 AM
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0705_impp_wireless_engine_bay_tricks/index.html Maybe this will help you out.

GSXRJJordan
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM
I've been wanting to do this as well. Relocating the underhood fuse boxes into the cabin too. Do you plan on doing a write-up on it Jordan?

Yeeeeahhhh buddy.

I've been stalling on my S14 build until the bodywork gets finished (hopefully next week), then I'm swapping motors with my S13 (I already tucked the upper engine harness on my S13 SR, but lost the sheet I made diagramming how much longer/shorter each wire needed to be :( ), painting the bay, probably painting the valvecover, and moving the fuse box to the glove compartment and the battery to the trunk (thus eliminating almost all the wires that go through the engine bay).

I'll be takin pics and hopefully putting together a pinout on the fuse box so people can just pull the entire harness apart and put it together one wire at a time. Depends on how knowledgable I am when I pull it out, though :)

NissanGuyB14
05-08-2008, 03:31 PM
heres my clean up bay

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a211/reddragon0843/My%2092%20240/240SALE009.jpg

is this more or less of what ur looking for

upSLIDEdown
05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
No offense, but that would be a lot better without the red hardlines and shit...

g6civcx
05-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I installed a carb. That gets rid of all the ECU wiring.

exitspeed
05-08-2008, 03:55 PM

Nice stuff.

LOL at Honda owners. This shit is funny.

Plates say No Vtec...:ughug:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/b16crxkid/Friends%20rides/DSC01956.jpg

babowc
05-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeeeeahhhh buddy.

I've been stalling on my S14 build until the bodywork gets finished (hopefully next week), then I'm swapping motors with my S13 (I already tucked the upper engine harness on my S13 SR, but lost the sheet I made diagramming how much longer/shorter each wire needed to be :( ), painting the bay, probably painting the valvecover, and moving the fuse box to the glove compartment and the battery to the trunk (thus eliminating almost all the wires that go through the engine bay).

I'll be takin pics and hopefully putting together a pinout on the fuse box so people can just pull the entire harness apart and put it together one wire at a time. Depends on how knowledgable I am when I pull it out, though :)

YEZ.
That's what I'm trying to accomplish.

Shit, I haven't followed up on this thread in a bit.

I've the pass. side harness and fusebox out as well as the batt. tray..
I still need to rid of the drivers side fusebox and wiring too.

I don't mind the motor harness, as that's not hard work, but I was intimidated by the big, long ass harness for accessories and such..

I'll admit, I didn't read up on those articles.
But.. how would you store all the wire that you'd relocate to the glovebox/under dash? Just cut them and rewire em all?

I'm going to tackle this on wednesday and I'm figuring I need at least a week for this, haha.

GSXRJJordan
05-13-2008, 01:41 AM
I started my motor swap (KA in S14 <-> SR in S13) and the engine bay prep on the S14. I've pulled all the connectors for the fuse box, and it appears that unlike the S13, the S14's fuse box connections run all the way around the engine bay from the hole in the firewall, to the driver's side fender, through the radiator support, to the fuse box ~ this makes cutting/rewiring the engine bay stuff much easier!

I'll be separating the loom once the engine is out, labelling which wires belong to which systems (ABS, A/C, headlights, blinkers, etc) so you can pick and choose which sections to cut out completely. I anticipate removing about 50% of the wires completely, and shortening the rest by about 6 ft (and probably 10 lbs).

More tomorrow.

timlush
05-13-2008, 03:46 AM
Jordan, I did the same on my S14, but instead of cutting wires and making them shorter, I just put the fuse box in the trunk.

It's super easy in an S14. All you need to do is separate the wires that need to go back out to the engine bay and run them out there, everything else goes to the fuse box.

John_R
05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Can I see a fuse box in the trunk setup? Sounds pretty intense. *laugh* Removing the fusebox from the engine bay was a goal of mine when I had the engine out last time. Realized that it ran all the way around the car to the driver side, couldn't decide what I wanted to do with it, so I left it as it. I did tuck the injector harness under the intake manifold, removed all the EGR and AIV crap, and cleaned all the little vacuum, fuel, and extra little metal water lines out. Not the best but I was pretty happy with it.

Whenever I get the car painted I'm going to strip it down completely and paint the inside, outside, engine bay, and get the underside recoated. Should be good as new.

(thought I had a pictures, but I didn't. I'll take a couple tonight)

babowc
05-13-2008, 07:41 PM
hm..
im gonna go out and see what i can do..

FRpilot
05-13-2008, 08:09 PM
unlike the S13, the S14's fuse box connections run all the way around the engine bay from the hole in the firewall, to the driver's side fender, through the radiator support, to the fuse box ~ this makes cutting/rewiring the engine bay stuff much easier!

didn't know that about the s14. sounds way simpler than s13. all you ahve to do is take out dash and shorten wires. still a lot of soldering and cutting.

But.. how would you store all the wire that you'd relocate to the glovebox/under dash? Just cut them and rewire em all?

I'm going to tackle this on wednesday and I'm figuring I need at least a week for this, haha.

it's pretty much going to take a week or more to do. if you have s13, the 2 fuse boxes are connected with like 100 wires that wrap around the front of the radiator support. a lot of extra wiring that is probably not necessary.

i'm going to eventually relocate the fuse boxes into my interior, follow fsm wiring diagram and de-pin/take out wires not needed, shorten the wires that are needed and simplify everything and have only things like headlight wire, alternator/starter, etc. in the bay.

althouhg i might reconsider. painless wiring would probably be easier.

FRpilot
05-13-2008, 08:22 PM

dam there a lot of nice engine bays in there and great attention to detail.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2103425

saw that link, it has great writeup on brake line tucking as well, although some of the pics are broken links or not hosted.

HS13KLS
05-13-2008, 08:30 PM
yea my buddy did that to his honda..looks clean

kinda irrelvant. but pictures can be deceiving,i checking out this car on super street or somthing. and they basically unplug or dont have the wiring harness in the car. i noticed the vtech solenoid wasnt pluged in or anything..but as for the tuck. just a lot of cutting the wires shorter and hiding them in places so you cant see them..but solder well the first time because that would suck if you had to take all the wires out.. haha

eastcoastS14
05-13-2008, 08:37 PM
wow those are some clean ass hondas....I really wanna do this when i get my SR...reminds me of hot rods

babowc
05-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Holy fuck.
It's alot of goddamn wiring and I'm not about to go through that nest..

I give up without even trying, lol. :(

Thursday
05-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice stuff.

LOL at Honda owners. This shit is funny.

Plates say No Vtec...:ughug:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/b16crxkid/Friends%20rides/DSC01956.jpg

thats my roommates car.

its pretty clean.

he used to have a nonvtec b18a in there when he first got the plates.