PDA

View Full Version : I need some RB25DET into s13 help

Rizzo
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
I am getting close to finishing my swap and I am running into a couple things I have searched for but cannot find.

This was a sohc ka24e 1990 s13. putting a series 1 rb25det in with syko mounts etc,

1. what throttle cable needs to be used with this swap? will a ka24de work? cause my old ka24e won't

2 I can not find a decent wire harness. I bought one from someone on here ( knowing it had a burnt wire or 2) but the wire had burnt all the way to the ecu connector and melted a small area around that pin. I can get the harness that was originally w/ the swap which has been converted by Syko Performance but it was converted for an s14. I did not think I would have so much trouble finding a s1 rb25 harness. IF someone has a stock harness (in good cond) they want to trade plus cash for a professionally converted harness hit me up.

3 I added an Earls oil cool 13 x 6 x 2 and #10 an lines. will i need to add extra oil? When car is running will I run the chance of oil starvation without adding more oil than what the dipstick should read?

Thanks in advance for any help.

s13silvia123
05-06-2008, 10:20 AM
1. make your own throttle cable.

2. i have no idea

3. yes you'll need to add extra quart of oil or more depends on your oil cooler.

Rizzo
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM
thanks, any other info always helps

Rizzo
05-20-2008, 09:31 PM
anyone use a stock replacement throttle cable for there rb swap?

Blown240sx
05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
DOHC Throttle cable will work.

What is wrong with the S14 harness? Can you not mod it to work with your car by using the SOHC harness?

Yes add extra oil but just enough to keep your oil level the same. You might over fill a little but not a lot, because once the cooling lines are full the level should be filled to normal.

SleeperSx
05-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Which intake are you running? I have the stock Crossover intake and my Stock Throttle cable works fine.

As for the harness, Go to Nico Forums, Carl H is your man for wiring.

And for your oil cooler, Pre-fill your oil cooler b/f you install the last line. I added about a quart on mine. But after you run the car for about 30 mins and it has warmed up good. Stop and check the oil level and make sure everything is ok. Also make sure you have a oil gauge hooked up b/f you start the car to make sure your oil pump is primed and working properly. I have seen alot of guys Fry there motors withing 1 min b/c of oil pumps not being primed.

Coolwhip
05-27-2008, 09:06 PM
just like the other guys indicated, your going to need to add more oil to compensate the increase capacity of the oil system when using a oil cooler (and lines). However, don't over fill your sump past the full mark on the dip stick in fear of oil starvation.

People say they do this by one extra qt so when they are accelerating hard, cornering hard, or braking there is more oil there to cover the pick up from being exposed and losing flow & pressure.

THe problem with that is that the main problem of lack there of baffling causes that extra oil climb the side of the sump and block and smack against the crank and counter weights, lose in HP and oil slush starts happening more, etc.

Just ranting.