PDA

View Full Version : I need s13 coilovers!!!!!

FTMFW
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Im looking for coilovers for my 240sx....Its a 1990... And I might buy more than one set of coilovers if it is cheaper that way...Please let me know what you got.
THANKS

Jung918
05-05-2008, 09:04 PM
stay away from used coilovers. you dont know the condition of them and are usually more hassle then it is worth

FTMFW
05-05-2008, 09:13 PM
ok thanks for the advice!

WTS3
05-05-2008, 09:19 PM
you from lilburn, ga?

FTMFW
05-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Yes! I am.. Why you ask?

WTS3
05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
jw, i live out in the Marietta area. are you on 240atlanta.com?

FTMFW
05-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Yea Im Whitekoop on there!

WTS3
05-05-2008, 10:10 PM
o0o0o0 okay, i still love your sig lol

racer98
05-05-2008, 10:16 PM
stay away from used coilovers. you dont know the condition of them and are usually more hassle then it is worth

why would you say this ?

Not really, most cases you can get them revalved and its normally abot $120 per corner.

I honestly would stay away from the ****888ese made stuff. Cant tell you how many times I have seen stripped colars , leaking and just items fall a part on a new item.

Tein for the total win.

Jung918
05-05-2008, 10:29 PM
With pretty much anything used, you dont know the condition of them.
I am assuming if the buyer wants used, he wont go through the hassle of rebuilding them when he gets them. Unless they are obiously blown.
Lets say he installs them and gets an alignment. They will eventually blow and now he has to send it in to get rebuilt. Not all manufactures are as easy as Tein to get rebuilt. Now he has to wait and then reinstall them. Then he has to get another alignment.

Lets say he get a set of tein flex. Probably spend somewhere around 800-1200. If he needed to get them rebuilt, that would be around $440. Also add in the cost of shipping and you really are not saving much.

Too much headache, cost, and time for me.

hotlavaflow
05-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Teins used end on Ebay for like $400 to $600 on average. I bought my coilovers used and couldn't be happier. I lucked out and the previous owner had just overhauled them 6 months prior to selling so used isn't always a bad thing. Just look around and ask questions.

Jung918
05-09-2008, 04:11 AM
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
You may have just lucked out and got a honest seller.

I mentioned tein flex. Not sure what model you got but they average more then that.

racer98
05-09-2008, 09:18 AM

With pretty much anything used, you dont know the condition of them.
I am assuming if the buyer wants used, he wont go through the hassle of rebuilding them when he gets them. Unless they are obiously blown.
Lets say he installs them and gets an alignment. They will eventually blow and now he has to send it in to get rebuilt. Not all manufactures are as easy as Tein to get rebuilt. Now he has to wait and then reinstall them. Then he has to get another alignment.

Lets say he get a set of tein flex. Probably spend somewhere around 800-1200. If he needed to get them rebuilt, that would be around $440. Also add in the cost of shipping and you really are not saving much.Too much headache, cost, and time for me.

Fair enough, I can agree and disagree with you on this but I would have to say you get what you pay for. I Don’t want to start flaming one brand from Japan while I can praise another, what it comes down to is this its about product support and there is one brand that everyone knows has the best one but there are a couple of other brands from Japan that are not a fully supported brand and the prices with rebuilds are way to expensive, this really does not help them with sales and just makes a lot of negative publicity of them. We all know who were talking about. What is another problem is the cheap rip off ones you see online and only its a matter of time before they just fall apart on you.

If there is one that I would recommend hands down would be Ohlins not only is it expensive its one of the best with support.

Either way when you get into coil over suspension and settings, you will need some time with getting the perfect settings if you are cool with your alignment shop guy it will only benefit the person who is getting the alignments done, its a good relation to have as you will be consistently tweaking your car with the coil over for the best settings. Nothing beats the shop on the west side charging $2000 for an alignment for high end cars !

You mentioned about items that are blown?

ok, any person who knowing buys USED coilovers knows what they are getting from me and other buyers etc, but I don’t know if you are saying you thought you bought some used coilovers from some one and didn’t know if they were blown ? or are you saying some people cant tell ?

this is why when in the past I have disassembled items and shown the items what they have gotten etc. Honestly what it comes down to it if you want new $1200 is what your paying and not for the good stuff either , used 900-500 range.jung-I would have to say good on your part to point this out, gave me some ideas to think of.