PDA

View Full Version : S13: Rear Seat Belt Question

BoostGetsULaid
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
So i just picked up some rear seat belts for my 89 Fast back.

All my previous 89 Fastbacks have had just the lap belt and no shoulder strap.

Today i purchased a pair of Rear Seat belts w/ the shoulder strap. It came out of a 91 Fastback.

I tried to install it and i cant figure out how to make it work.

I googled it and come to find that there are 2 different types of seat belts. Now im confused and im wondering which seat belt comes from which years or models (probably from the zenki and chuki change). If its possible to make the ones i have fit and if not how would i make the other type fit cause i dont see any other holes than the 2 for the lap belt

Here's what i have
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/xtypical360aznx/IMG00143.jpg

The ones i found searching
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/DRIFTWELL/IMG_0121.jpg

xsparc
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
what do you mean you cant figure out how it works? It bolts into the same locations.

The retractable part needs a small bracket if i remember and the trim piece needs to be trimmed.

The rest of it bolts to the stock locations.

BoostGetsULaid
05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
what do you mean you cant figure out how it works? It bolts into the same locations.

The retractable part needs a small bracket if i remember and the trim piece needs to be trimmed.

The rest of it bolts to the stock locations.

Yeah but i dunno where it bolts to none of my other 240sx's had shoulder straps

xsparc
05-05-2008, 11:53 AM
really? both my 89 and 90 had them.
they bolt to the C pillar

BoostGetsULaid
05-05-2008, 12:02 PM
really? both my 89 and 90 had them.
they bolt to the C pillar

yeah just my luck ya know. the reason why i bought my 240 was cause i knew in high school i'd be the kid with the car and everyone would want a ride. and the ahtch had little room in the back so yay's for me. i like'd having the option of a back seat tho.

Now thats im older i take my fiance and her little sister and bro the zoo and stuff and i'd like to have the option of the shoulder strap so they're heads dont fly into my front seats if some dude hits me, i've got too much to worry about if someone hits me and i dont want to have to deal with death my head hitting seat. And it beign my fiance's lil seibling

So i thought i'd pick it up for safety reasons

BoostGetsULaid
05-05-2008, 12:22 PM
ok here's my car's interior. (sorry for the bad pics, my fiance has the digital camera, i just use my black berry)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/xtypical360aznx/IMG00145.jpg

Here's where the bolt goes to the C-pillar

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/xtypical360aznx/IMG00146.jpg

So i'm guessing i bought the wrong rear seat belt and i should get the other shoulder strap type

xsparc
05-05-2008, 12:35 PM
so im guessing you dont have the bracket..

projectRDM
05-05-2008, 12:42 PM
There's a bracket required, spaces it out a bit, looks like a flat piece of bar stock with a small ripple in the middle. Also the pillar trim is different, the 89-90 models with the fixed shoulder belt have one small hole, the 91-93s with reel types like you have bought also have a rectangular hole cut for the bracket.

I'm parting a 92 and can send you the brackets later this week but you'll need the trim panels too, or just cut yours to fit. Mine are brown which I doubt you want. You could also pick the brackets up from the dealer I assume for not too much.

BoostGetsULaid
05-05-2008, 01:00 PM
There's a bracket required, spaces it out a bit, looks like a flat piece of bar stock with a small ripple in the middle. Also the pillar trim is different, the 89-90 models with the fixed shoulder belt have one small hole, the 91-93s with reel types like you have bought also have a rectangular hole cut for the bracket.

I'm parting a 92 and can send you the brackets later this week but you'll need the trim panels too, or just cut yours to fit. Mine are brown which I doubt you want. You could also pick the brackets up from the dealer I assume for not too much.

Cool thanks, how much for the bracket and shipping to 98682, and i'll thinking about it might jsut buy the zenki belt

Rocketbunny240sx
03-04-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey guys i need help with my seatbelts too i have literally a hole there but i have all the brackets and stuff i just have no clue how to install. Please help i usually have to carry more than 3 people and only have the front ones on

Ben10
03-04-2015, 09:49 PM
Who the hell actually wants the rear seat belts. I feel bad for whoever your attempting to subject to that...

Free bump.

Rocketbunny240sx
03-04-2015, 09:54 PM
People that have 2 brothers to bring to school every day.

Ben10
03-04-2015, 09:56 PM
I digress... Cheers to you.