PDA

View Full Version : S13 w/Redtop Swap: No Power At All

pwrofdrm
05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm currently swapping a Redtop SR20DET (bought complete swap from jdmenginedepot.com) into my 1990 240SX coupe. The car was a running and driving original car that's never been tampered with, I purchased it from the original owner bone stock. I'm the only one that's ever worked on the car before now, and it's a good friend who is a mechanic helping me with the swap.

I have just about everything wrapped up...fuel pump, wiring, engine is in, front mount, wires that needed to be extended are done, I swapped in a tach from a DOHC, looped the powersteering, removed A/C, boost gauge, electric fan, and relocated the battery to the back. Wiring was performed as per frsport.com (http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine-harness-wiring-guide-sr20-p-665.html) .

Today I put the battery in the box and hooked up the terminals and put the key to the on position, and nothing happened. No dash lights, no interior lights, no fuel pump priming, the terminals didn't even spark when I put them on. I hooked the battery up to a charger (the real plug in kind, not one of those portable ones) and still nothing.

So I played with it for a bit, moved the ground to the battery, cleaned it up good, nothing. I know the power cable wasn't shorting anywhere because it didn't spark, but just in case I moved the battery back to the front of the car and tried again. Still nothing.

So, has anyone ever been in my shoes before? Is there a ground I'm overlooking, fuses I should be looking for, or could I have done some of the wiring incorrectly? Is there even a wire in the plugs that I modified (as per frsport.com) that could possibly cause this?

TIA, I tried searching and the FAQ's and didn't come up with spit.

posdrift240
05-06-2008, 08:17 AM
There is an Ignition fuse on the passenger side under the hood fuse box. You more than Likely blowed that fuse. I had the same problem but mine turned out to be a short with 4 wires melted together in the harness.

flip3d
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
ECU plugged in all the way?

posdrift240
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM
The EUC doesn't cause the interior stuff not to work. Like windows ETC. Its in your Ign somewere.

pwrofdrm
05-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Found some wires that weren't pluged in, turned out to be another power wire and a ground I was missing.

Engine fired right up, I have an oil light on though. Guess I have some research to do.

lok
05-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Found some wires that weren't pluged in, turned out to be another power wire and a ground I was missing.

Engine fired right up, I have an oil light on though. Guess I have some research to do.

wow if the stock dummy oil light is on that is not good.

unless it is in a different place on the sohc vs the dohc.

like the cat light on the jdm cluster matching up with the low washer fluid on the usdm gauge cluster.

if you are low on fluid and corner to fast your cat overheats :drama: