PDA

View Full Version : s13 sr into s14 wiring problem/question

eligido21
05-03-2008, 02:23 PM
My fuel pump is not priming, and im not getting spark. i followed the same s13 sr into s14 wiring write up that everyone uses perfectly and my car is not starting. it cranks but no fuel or spark

i found this plug hiding up under the carpet under the kick panel. it looks like it goes directly to the fuel pump, im thinking obviously this is a big problem if its not plugged in. i tried looking for like an hour trying to figure out where this plugs into and i cannot find it. Can someone tell me? Its 8 pins/8 wires pics below

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/eligido21/CIMG2524.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/eligido21/CIMG2523.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/eligido21/CIMG2519.jpg

Z U L8R
05-03-2008, 11:04 PM
that has nothing to do with the fuel pump if that's part of your s14 engine harness

you could have a bad cam angle sensor, or it's not plugged in, or your ecu's no good, or it's not wired correctly. does the ecu turn on?

KiLLeR2001
05-04-2008, 01:41 AM
that has nothing to do with the fuel pump if that's part of your s14 engine harness

you could have a bad cam angle sensor, or it's not plugged in, or your ecu's no good, or it's not wired correctly. does the ecu turn on?

This is a good friend of mine... It seems that the ECU is not getting power. I tested the ECU out in my car and it worked fine. His car did start with this ECU and wiring harness before but THEN, they replaced the oil pump due to lack of oil pressure and somewhere between then and now theres a problem.

So the problem is no power going to ECU, hence why theres no spark and no fuel pump priming. Either something isn't grounded or a plug isn't plugged in, I don't know.

projectRDM
05-04-2008, 09:13 AM
That plug is for the EVAP canister harness going to the rear of the car. It has nothing to do with the fuel pump.

adictd2b00st
05-04-2008, 10:02 AM
do you have a multimeter? start testing the ecu power/ground wires, that'll atleast narrow down your problem instead of "guessing" if the ecu is getting power or not. post up the results!

rightcoastimports
05-04-2008, 10:09 AM
I had the same problem when we were doing my swap and it turned out to be my cam angle sensor.. take it out and check the teeth see if they are worn. test your ecu outputs too like they said could be that.

eligido21
05-04-2008, 10:38 AM
like my friends killer said before, it worked before the oil pump change. it ran and everthing. we change the oil pump and now all the sudden no fuel pump prime or spark. when doing the oil pump change we did not touch anything on the harness or electrical at all except the cas sensor to get to the bolt below the cam (taht was bitch to get to). but i know we put in the cas right.

sblack13
05-04-2008, 10:50 AM
your main power white plug plugged in?
(by the ecu)
Make sure its snapped in all the way.
Same goes for the ecu.

adictd2b00st
05-04-2008, 11:05 AM
like my friends killer said before, it worked before the oil pump change. it ran and everthing. we change the oil pump and now all the sudden no fuel pump prime or spark. when doing the oil pump change we did not touch anything on the harness or electrical at all except the cas sensor to get to the bolt below the cam (taht was bitch to get to). but i know we put in the cas right.

which is why you wanna make sure the ecu is still getting power, because at this point its all just guessing what "could" be wrong, which is alot of variables :)

eligido21
05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Problem fixed, it was the f3 plug not going on tight enough.

sblack13
05-07-2008, 06:29 PM
haha i was right!
i bought a s14 non-running with that problem before.