PDA

View Full Version : Power FC Help

reactor
05-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Alright, so I just bought a brand new Power FC from Unnatural and it was delivered to my house today. Went outside, unplugged the Negative battery cable, disconnected my stock ECU, installed the Power FC, and reconnected the battery cable. I then turned the ignition switch to on and the Power FC didn't come on, so I attempt to start it and still nothing car won't start! I had this exact same problem with another Power FC I bought used and was working when I bought it. Plug back in the stock ECU and the car starts and runs just fine.

Has anyone ran into a problem like this? Has anyone fixed this problem?

Apex Power FC Part Number - 414AN014
Stock ECU Currently in Car - 62

fliprayzin240sx
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Alright, so I just bought a brand new Power FC from Unnatural and it was delivered to my house today. Went outside, unplugged the Negative battery cable, disconnected my stock ECU, installed the Power FC, and reconnected the battery cable. I then turned the ignition switch to on and the Power FC didn't come on, so I attempt to start it and still nothing car won't start! I had this exact same problem with another Power FC I bought used and was working when I bought it. Plug back in the stock ECU and the car starts and runs just fine.

Has anyone ran into a problem like this? Has anyone fixed this problem?

Apex Power FC Part Number - 414AN014
Stock ECU Currently in Car - 62

Something is up with your wiring harness...check all your pin outs...you'll never know if something is modded on the harness thats causing the PFC to spritz...

Z U L8R
05-02-2008, 11:23 PM
i agree /w flip

Dave

SoguRacing
05-02-2008, 11:36 PM
make sure the power fc is plugged in all the way. the harness can be a tight fit.

S14DB
05-03-2008, 02:00 AM
What happens a lot is that people that do SR harnesses don't wire all the power leads correctly. Needs the BATT power and the IGN power wired corectly to work.

Take the ECU out and Check the Grounds, BATT power and IGN power. Make sure the BATT is constant and the IGN comes on when the switch is in ON.

MaD1337M3DRiV3r
05-03-2008, 02:03 AM
make sure the power fc is plugged in all the way. the harness can be a tight fit.

Its a tighter fit than stock, I had the same issue.

SoguRacing
05-03-2008, 02:08 AM
^Thanks for the feedback. I thought I had a problem with it being too tight.

reactor
05-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Alright, I've figured out the problem, but not the cause. With my stock ECU all pins that are supposed to get power, get power. The harness was wired correctly to begin with. When I plug in my Power FC the 2 ECCS Power pins do not get power. When I force power directly to those pins the Power FC comes on. I've tried bypassing the relay, tried giving power directly to the wire in the engine bay that goes directly to the ECU, and it won't turn on unless I give power directly to those pins. So either there's some resistance in the wires, or the Power FC requires more amperage than the stock wires are handling. I'm going to check the resistance on the wire right now, but if the resistance is good, I'm just going to directly wire the 2 pins from an ignition on source.

DJ_Sunrise
05-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Odd.. mine worked just fine. Shrug. Keep us up to date. Does anyone have a description for what all the shit in sensor/switch check stuff is??

-Bart

ROIDMONKEY
05-04-2008, 11:57 AM
my stock ECU was 62 also from a 91BT, my power FC is for a 94-96 black top and works perfectly on my 91. forgot the PFC part number tho

Xantcha
05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Same thing happened to me on my '96 sr. Turned out to be a missing relay. There are two behind the ecu that must be plugged in for the pfc to work. If one or the other (i forget which) is plugged in, the stock ecu will work fine, but the pfc won't. Might be totally different but it's something to just check, take you 5 seconds. Hope it helps!