PDA

View Full Version : Blown turbo?

pssht
05-02-2008, 03:16 PM
i have an s13 redtop sr, stock boost, greedy v-spec fmic, the other day i was driving around when all of the sudden i noticed as i get into boost, when i shift i shoot oil out of my blow-off valve, so i pull off the road, then the car starts shooting white smoke out of the pipes. so to me this seems like a blown seal in the turbo? but i still get boost to red line? any help would be helpfull! Thanx in advance!

YoungGun
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I had the same problem (white smoke at idle) I rebuilt the turbo (new gaskets etc.) and it helped a lot, although I still get some smoke coming out at idle. Good luck.

fliprayzin240sx
05-03-2008, 10:19 AM
If your getting oil out your BOV, it either means 1 of 2 things.
1) You still got that hose from the valve cover T into your intake. Get rid of that shit and stick an oil catch can there.

or

2) Turbo oil seals are blown and turbos spitting it out into your hot pipe. Time for turbo upgrade.

White smoking could be turbo leaking coolant into your exhaust too, not just a headgasket thing...compression check it to make sure its not the HG.

pssht
05-04-2008, 12:17 PM
thanx! cheecking it all! hopefully nothing to bad, time to go t28.

speedboy109
05-09-2008, 09:48 AM
my boi, shot about 2 quarts of oil out of his breather filter on the valve cover when in high boost with a gt2871R and it died on him after that dont remeber if it was smoking or not but this was caused by him blowing out the piston rings in cylinder 2, 3 so hopefully that aint your problem but just puting it out there if you arent able to fix the problem with a new turbo you might need to get a new motor or do a full rebuild. good luck

mifesto
05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
one thing i found entertaining about what you said. did you literally mean you saw oil shoot out from your BOV WHILE you were driving? LOL. so you dont drive with a hood or have a huge cooling vent that you can see straight in? :)

John_R
05-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Don't mean to get too off subject. But I have a T25 Turbo, on a KA24DE. It started smoking at idle a lot. My compression is perfect straight across all 4 cylinders. No water cooling on the turbo either. So does that sound like a turbo seals failing? any way to find out short of pulling the turbo?

pssht
05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
one thing i found entertaining about what you said. did you literally mean you saw oil shoot out from your BOV WHILE you were driving? LOL. so you dont drive with a hood or have a huge cooling vent that you can see straight in? :)

haha! nope, i had a silvia front and it just shot out from behind the drivers side headlight in a mist.