PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Springs

LA_phantom_240
04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Before I say anything, don't go posting shit like "shoulda got coilovers". They're out of my budget, and what I got fit within the budget til I get coilovers.

So anyway, I want to rant about a set of Tokiko blues and DropZone springs I got from a guy locally. I only paid $150 for the set, and the struts only have 3k miles on them. The struts are great, but the springs are the WORST shit I've ever ridden on in my life.

First off, yeah they drop the car pretty well as far as springs go... They also ride as good as stock on most roads. Unfortunately, the springs are too goddamn soft to be useful, and cause the front struts to bottom out more than I would like to see, hear, or feel.

Considering my stock struts had 160k on them.... not so bad of a deal, but I gotta get some different springs with the quickness.

rowdogg03
04-29-2008, 05:57 PM
"shoulda got coilovers" :keke:

LongGrain
04-29-2008, 05:58 PM
get some swift springs

LA_phantom_240
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
"shoulda got coilovers" :keke:

If only we had a smiley with someone sarcastically doing the 'jerkoff' gesture.

Oh wait! We do!

:jerkit:

And I'm looking to stay about as low as I am now cause it looks REALLY good with my wheels... but I need it stiffer to keep bottoming out to a minimum.

Ca_laurier
04-29-2008, 06:08 PM
i dished out the cash for kyb agx's and tein s-tech's for my dd. personally it all has to do with the shocks. when i have the shock set on a low setting i can't believe how bouncey it is, than with a higher setting its a better ride.

but it does sound like those shocks are either leaking (blown) or sweating

LA_phantom_240
04-29-2008, 06:10 PM
What brings you to say the shocks are bad? They don't make any noise when I push on the corners of the car, and doesn't bounce...

punxva
04-29-2008, 06:13 PM
well you could pick up a used set of agx's i've got some, all have about 8,000 miles on them, they would probably help with the bottoming out, not advertising, but just a suggestion and an idea to keep in mind, i got stance now so i need to get these things out, i'll even throw in some sportlines

LA_phantom_240
04-29-2008, 06:18 PM
well you could pick up a used set of agx's i've got some, all have about 8,000 miles on them, they would probably help with the bottoming out, not advertising, but just a suggestion and an idea to keep in mind, i got stance now so i need to get these things out, i'll even throw in some sportlines

Orly?

:rawk:

I gotta sell that heavy ass sub in my trunk :crap: