PDA

View Full Version : Help with no injector pulse

inzane089
04-27-2008, 12:10 PM
ok guys I have a 91 s13 and I have no injector pulse. I have fuel because I hear the fuel pump turn on. have not checked fuel pressure yet. I have spark and good spark too. There is just no spray from the fuel injectors not even a little. any ideas on what I could be missing. do I have a bad sensor or a blown fuse on something or is my ECM no good any fresh ideas would help. thanks

((sr)) kelly
04-27-2008, 12:26 PM
do you have the stock high empeadance fuel injectors?

zavala
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
i had the same exact thing happen to me on my 89. only i had injector pulse at the ecu but no power. turns out after cutting open my engine harness to find that my injector power wire (red with grey stripes) had corroded in half and grounded out on another wire. sucks to be stuck because of something so simple. hope this helps.

inzane089
04-27-2008, 12:43 PM
I have the stock injectors(not sure on high empeadance) but I have no power to pulse the injectors.

where did you find the wire (red / grey stripes). location within the engine harness?

Z U L8R
04-27-2008, 09:33 PM
the fuel feed line has the fuel filter on it. that goes to the rail, then all the fuel feeds the injectors, then the fuel goes to the fuel pressure regulator, then your fuel return hose goes to the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel returns to the tank

Dave @ Lethal Injection Motorsports www.lethalmotorsports.com

DDSR240
04-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Since its a sohc take the fuel rail off it will be easy test the injector by running 12 volts to it with it out of the rail it should be real easy to see/hear if its working if its working its either clogged or not getting a pulse. you can also swap plugs to see if the problem moves to the next cylinder. If it does jump to the next cylinder check for continuity from plug to ecu.

Anto
04-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Get a multimeter & test the wiring harness. Find the ecu pinout and test for continuity from each individual injector to each pin on the ecu. Injectors are pulsed ground, so test for +12volt to the injectors as well.

Anto
04-28-2008, 12:11 AM
also you can test for a stuck injector with a 9volt battery and listen if it clicks.

IRN
04-28-2008, 02:01 AM
one of my old post, same concept for the KA, most likely different color wires (i forgot)

check for injector pulse. each injector plug has 2 wires. red is the constant positive. the other wire is the pulsed negative.

forgot all about the ka if thats the case but heres help if its a sr.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7881/s13nm9.th.jpg (http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=s13nm9.jpg)

pin 101 injector no.1 drive output - white black
pin 110 injector no.2 drive output - yellow black
pin 103 injector no.3 drive output - green black
pin 112 injector no.4 drive output - blue black

run a test light to a positive source either to the injectors positive or battery + and then to the each injector pulsed negative and if its working properly it should blink the bulb (very dim) be careful not to short anything.

check all the grounds for the injectors located on the 4th runner of the intake manifold i believe. also check the ground for the coil pack on the back of the head as well as all grounds. ka and sr runs like hell without a good ground.

if you get no pulse, check for connectivity for each injector pulse wire. on the ecu pin plug (big blue) find the wire color for the injector - pulse. for no.3 its the green black and for no.4 its blue black. get a voltmeter or those connectivity test lights and see if you get a good connection from end to end. ecu plug to the injector plug. if you dont then you might have a short in the engine harness. check the ecu plug for any loose pins. swap over the ecu and see if it makes a difference in the connectivity and pulse tests.

same concept for KA just might be different colors.