PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running peak performance's engine and tranny mounts?

a_ahmed
04-27-2008, 06:12 AM
I am wondering because I was planning to get them (curious where I can get the best prices too they dont list them online)

They have the race and street/strip applications, im guessing the race tranny and street/strip (lol) combo would be a good choice imho... just want to hear other's experiences.

I've been in a car with cuscos, they were pretty crazy, but the vibrations go away once you start moving of course. Any other choices?

Never been in a nismo equiped car but i reckon its a great improvement over blown ones but not so much over brand new oem ones.. and they sit the motor a lilttle higher which is also not cool.

Anyone on here? Share your opinions

mmdb
04-27-2008, 08:09 AM
I ran a nismo motor mount and Peak Performance transmission mount (race version) setup on my KA24de. Vibration wasn't much of an issue and it was comfortable to drive every day. Just my 2 cents.

a_ahmed
04-27-2008, 08:14 AM
coolies, how much did you pay for it? where did u get it? The nismo stuff is overpriced imho just cause its nismo (just like the Nismo LCAs/TC rods).

I guess I'll get peak performance's engine mounts (street/strip) and peak performance's race tranny mount for sure then...

Hooks ups/deals/places/people? haha.. I want them... i am in canada

mmdb
04-27-2008, 08:22 AM
coolies, how much did you pay for it? where did u get it? The nismo stuff is overpriced imho just cause its nismo (just like the Nismo LCAs/TC rods).

I guess I'll get peak performance's engine mounts (street/strip) and peak performance's race tranny mount for sure then...

Hooks ups/deals/places/people? haha.. I want them...

I got my Peak Performance tranny mount from Enjuku and my Nismo mounts from mynismo.com. I can't say I saved a whole lot of money, but the prices were fair. I don't remember how much I paid. The Nismo stuff is overpriced, but it was actually a bit stiffer and comfortable at the same time. Before I had solid urethane mounts and those rattled my brains out so much that I took them off after one drive.

IRN
04-27-2008, 04:05 PM
ive driven a car with peak mounts and they feel just like my kazama mounts which are still pricey but project nissan makes a knock off replica mount of the kazama for cheap. they had a deal for $150 for their mounts + nismo tranny mount shipped.

huffandpuff00
04-27-2008, 04:13 PM
I put them on a buddies car and there is noticably more vibration with the peak compared to my nismo ones. I still like the peak ones. I think he picked them up for 250, both motor and tranny, street bushings.