PDA

View Full Version : High volume oil pump

timtiminy
04-26-2008, 09:48 PM
I have been looking to see if there are any options to getting a high flow oil pump for my s13 SR. I cant find anything aftermarket, but i have heard that the S14/S15 oil pump gear is bigger and also the GTiR. I cant find any concrete evidence on that, but i definately want to have a higher volume oil pump for my SR as i see that bearing failure is pretty common. I also was thinking about maybe putting a few more shims in the oil return part of the pump to get the spring stiffer and up the oil pressure a few psi. But i dont know if this is a good idea? and i dont know how it would effect a ball bearing turbo (even though i will be using a restrictor). Hopefully someone can help me out here as there isnt much info on this subject anywhere.

DrG_RPS13
04-27-2008, 10:55 AM
SR20VE oil pump. Highest flowing SR pump period. Will need minor mod to fit. I think it's a different spacer needed iirc to line it up right on the crank.

http://www.gspec.com/p-4910-front-coveroil-pump-vvl.aspx

louisdaboois
04-27-2008, 12:36 PM
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/ try here

timtiminy
04-27-2008, 04:10 PM
Louisdaboodis: nothing on that site for sr20det oil pumps.

DrG RPS13: yeah i have heard of the sr20ve oil pump but i guess there is alot of modification and you have to re-mark the crank pulley's timing marks.

I wonder if there is a way to adapt the sr20ve oil pump to a s13 one and use the cover from the DET pump with the VE pump...

jskateborders
04-27-2008, 05:51 PM
A new oem oil pump should do you just fine. at 6 grand Ive got like 90 - 100 psi of oil. thats with 5-30.

timtiminy
04-28-2008, 09:28 AM
anybody with experience on this subject? I am thinking there has to be someone that has done something along these lines...

timtiminy
05-12-2008, 01:30 AM
okay so i took apart the old oem pump on the sr and there are these shims that go on the oil return spring to regulate pressure. i am thinking that if i put a couple of those on the new pum i will get a little more oil pressure, which would mean more oil volume throughout the motor, hopefully this works. i may do a writeup if it does

Dousan_PG
05-12-2008, 01:42 AM
i hav ea new pump
its 100% fine
big bb turbo
new bearings the works

no worries.

none of my friends blew engines due to bearing failure. ever.
and thats at least 10 blown engines.

!Zar!
05-12-2008, 10:16 AM
I have the stock old, "40k" kilometer oil pump.

Shits still rocking hard.

turtl631
06-02-2008, 02:55 PM
i hav ea new pump
its 100% fine
big bb turbo
new bearings the works

no worries.

none of my friends blew engines due to bearing failure. ever.
and thats at least 10 blown engines.

Sorry for threadjack, but what have most of the blown engines been from?

OP: MBV on FA looked into the VE pump thing and posted some stuff up about it IIRC. I don't think he ever ran one thoguh.