PDA

View Full Version : KA ITB Tuning

supergoob
04-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Ive seen a few guys do the ITB setup and use a Megasquirt or Haltech system for tuning... What I was wondering is if anyone has used something like Greddy Emanage or AEM or something else of the sort for tuning? Ive been more of a turbo junkie, but ITB's just look like alota fun and pretty reliable for a daily drifter. Sorry if its a stupid question with an obvious answer, but any input would be appreciated! Also, anywhere reputable to get it tuned in the Nashville, TN area? Thanks

Z U L8R
04-24-2008, 10:46 AM
we can do it here on aem, i'm not that familiar with the emanage personally but if you have all the stuff for it i don't see why not either. i personally think aem is the shit, and i'm going to be using that on my 5-600hp ka-t project in my datsun 510 as well as gsxr1000 itb's. only thing is we're in north, GA not TN.

anyways
gl bro,
Dave @ Lethal Injection Motorsports (www.lethalmotorsports.com (http://www.lethalmotorsports.com/))

supergoob
04-24-2008, 10:53 AM
GA..close enough..what do you guys charge for a dyno tune? i havent started my itb project yet, im just looking into my probable cost. How much is the AEM setup?

crzycav86
04-24-2008, 12:59 PM
you need to convert to speed density or alpha-n, so you'll need a stand alone.

you can only use maf if you have a plenum (obviously), so that rules out emanage and every other piggy back.

supergoob
04-24-2008, 10:16 PM

you can only use maf if you have a plenum (obviously), so that rules out emanage and every other piggy back.

and thats what i needed to hear...thanks!

supergoob
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
could i use a piggy back system if I converted to a MAP sensor? maybe use the map off of the gsxr that my throttle bodies are coming off of? just a random bored-at-work idea, sounds feasible. any input?

1five10
04-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Just build a plenum that tapers to the rear and adjust the butterflies accordingly, then you can use your stock computer. I'm running a Jim Wolf computer because of my upgrades and the turbo. An ITB setup with velocity stacks would look sick though on a KA. It would like as if you were running dual carbs..IMG]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r224/1five10/zilvia026.jpg[IMG]

xplicit240
04-25-2008, 10:52 AM

not true. e-manage ultimate has a maf tracing program that can run a pressure sensor and run without a maf.

Z U L8R
04-25-2008, 11:58 AM
not true. e-manage ultimate has a maf tracing program that can run a pressure sensor and run without a maf.

that's what i was saying too, i was pretty sure they had something for that but all in all i like aem the best, you can 2 step, different boost in different gears etc etc everything u'll need. straight up tune is $600 for the aem. our dyno is a steady state mustang dyno. meaning it simulates actual driving instead of free spinning 3,000lb rollers like a dyno jet. so not only can we do wide open throttle tunes we can also get out all the blips and what not as far as driveability as well. and then if you wanna go further you can run the 1/4 mile on our dyno and it's accurate within a hundredth of a second. so if u run a 12.12 car it'll either say 12.12, 12.11, or 12.13 but you'll know ur car runs 12.1's

anyways, feel free to give us a call if u need any other advice.
take care,
Dave @ Lethal Injection Motorsports (www.lethalmotorsports.com)

supergoob
04-25-2008, 11:30 PM
so i could run emanage ultimate, which would delete the maf. and still use velocity stacks? Im trying to stay away from the plenum idea, cuz velocity stacks are just nasty, and plenums are WAY hard to get right and truly efficient

fueled by hate
04-25-2008, 11:47 PM
I've been wanting to do an itb setup and thought about buying a freddy intake manifold and hacking it up using gsxr itb's. It'd be less of a headache than trying to make your own plenum and they're relatively cheap. It would be sort of a waste to buy a real greddy manifold just to hack it up. That's how I'd try doing it if I ever get around to it.

Z U L8R
04-26-2008, 03:27 AM
our machine shop next door can custom make you an intake manifold, they just did one for our turbo scion tc project (i wish i had a pic) here's one they did for the "shadrack" mustang that ford may put into production
http://a893.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/l_1578fc61e3c1294ed499b688ecd3df74.jpg
http://a827.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/6/l_8a9c05949dc5a61523d0c6c3e0407352.jpg

and they have the equipment to flow test it to make sure every cylinder is gonna get the same amount. they got everything for everything over there lol it's crazy. anywho fwiw i'm letting the guy's next door do my itb intake mani for my ka-t 510.

gl man

Dave @ Lethal Injection Motorsports www.lethalmotorsports.com (http://www.lethalmotorsports.com)