PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Hesitation while steping on throttle.

lilaznjeff
04-22-2008, 03:24 PM
I have this problem and I'm hoping some of you GURU's can pinpoint it.

Wel...my car has always been this way since I've got it.

Whenever I step on the throttle it takes .5 (half a second) and my engine responds and rev's up. I have no boost/vacuum leaks at all.

Would anyone be able to tell me whats going on? and how to diagnose the problem.

SoguRacing
04-22-2008, 03:26 PM
check the timing and the position of your throttle stop screw. maybe open it a bit more so your AIC valve doesn't have to work as hard

Sr20det>Ka24de
04-22-2008, 03:27 PM
I have this problem and I'm hoping some of you GURU's can pinpoint it.

Wel...my car has always been this way since I've got it.

Whenever I step on the throttle it takes .5 (half a second) and my engine responds and rev's up. I have no boost/vacuum leaks at all.

Would anyone be able to tell me whats going on? and how to diagnose the problem.

clean iacv passage and adjust tpms sensor

lilaznjeff
04-22-2008, 03:29 PM
My TPS sensor is at .45volts.

IACV? can someone send me a picture of that part :D

I will check the timing soon. but It's my last case.

naed240sx
04-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I've had this problem twice this year. First time it was the IACV. Fixed by pulling out the idle screw and spraying seafoam or TB cleaner into the hole with the engine running.

Second time it was the alternator. Alternator was only putting out 10V so I guess the spark was getting blown out under high engine load.

Sr20det>Ka24de
04-22-2008, 03:37 PM
My TPS sensor is at .45volts.

IACV? can someone send me a picture of that part :D

I will check the timing soon. but It's my last case.

tube from cold pipe to under intake mani runners, pull it off the cold pipe start engine (have a buddy do this) and hold rpms up round 1500-2000 and spray carb cleaner in there for awhile ( do outside ) this tube runs to you iacv and passages will clean and make work better usually
tps sounds good make sure voltage changes right when throttle is cracked good luck

SoguRacing
04-22-2008, 04:35 PM
the iac has the screw on the manifold between intake runner 3 and 4