PDA

View Full Version : JIC Magic USA Tech Support/Question Thread

JIC-Magic
04-21-2008, 03:59 PM
http://www.jic-magic.com/images/Logo.gif
Hello My name is Steven Tran from JIC Magic USA. Zilvia.net has graciously allowed me to post a Technical Thread, so I'm here to offer any technical support, questions or advice that you may have about your JIC Magic products or tuning needs. So if you have any questions, concern or need some advice feel free to drop me a PM or just post on this thread and I will respond as fast as I can.

I am NOT here to sell any products nor can I so please don't ask. Although some of the great sponsors of this website carry our product so feel free to refer to them for any of your purchasing needs. Thank you again.

FAQ
Q:WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FLT-A1 and FLT-A2? And what is FLT-TAR and FLT-FAS?
A:We have updated our coilover series from the A1 to the FAS and our A2 to TAR. The dampers internals have been updated with newer components. There is new Anti-corrosion coating on all of our new coilovers, and the suspension dynamics have been changed for better performance.

Q:Who can I buy JIC Magic Products from?
A:Not from me! Although there are some great vendors supporting this forum that carry our product so feel free to check out their websites or call them for more information and availability.

Q:I would like your coilovers, but I feel that I would like to run higher spring rates, can you get higher spring rates and custom valving?
A:Yes you can, pricing varies depending on what you'd like to do. If its a moderate increase in rates its an additional $100. When ordering through our venders mention it to them and we can take care of it.

Q: Can I have my coilovers rebuilt/serviced and how much does it cost?
A: As long as they are apart of our Monotube Series, such as FLT-A2 or FLT-TAR, they can be rebuilt. To rebuild an Inverted Damper it is $180 per corner and it is $120 for a regular monotube. Turn around time is around 2-3 weeks. If you disassemble the shock from the spring it is a little cheaper too!

Q: Does JIC Magic offer sponsorships?
A:Yes we do! We cannot offer full sponsorships to privateers, but we do offer partial sponsorships. If you are interested in being apart of the JIC Magic Sponsored list, drop me and email with a proposal and I'll see what I can do.

-Steven Tran-

Steven Tran
JIC Magic/Ziel Motorsports
12217 Woodruff Ave.
Downey, CA 90241
9AM - 6PM Mon-Fri
Office 562.803.6122- Tel
562.803.5012- Fax
Web http://www.JIC-Magic.com (http://www.jic-magic.com/)
http://www.Cross-NA.com/ (http://www.cross-na.com/)

johngriff
04-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Heh, do you have shock dyno's from the FLT-TAR's for the S13?

Thanks!

JIC-Magic
04-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Heh, do you have shock dyno's from the FLT-TAR's for the S13?

Thanks!

Japan has all the information, but unfortunately its those are all in Japanese. And I can't read Japanese (^^;

Some are available on the Japanese Website.
http://jic-magic.co.jp/

Hope this helps you out

JIC-Magic
04-22-2008, 04:29 PM
No questions? BUMP!
This is our 2008 JIC Magic/Hankook Tire Porsche
http://jic-magic.com/images/news/CROSS%20mainpage.jpg

SUPERSTAR
04-22-2008, 04:34 PM
Not too happy with products on the ES300. Never got a return call or anything after event. I gave my customer refund and stuck with used coilvers. :down:

Problem: noise never went away,untill we put his stock suspension back in car.

Ernie

ellisonrox
04-22-2008, 04:40 PM
What do you do for everyday guys at your place in Downey? Just rebuilds?

nissan562
04-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Not too happy with products on the ES300. Never got a return call or anything after event. I gave my customer refund and stuck with used coilvers. :down:

Problem: noise never went away,untill we put his stock suspension back in car.

Ernie

Yeah I saw that car at your shop for weeks. That customer was pissed at you Ernie. It's a good thing I listened to you and got the Greddy ones for my S14.

SUPERSTAR
04-22-2008, 05:06 PM
Alvaro it's not so much the fact that there was a problem with them. It's the way they just shined me on and keep in mind it was purchased throught my work place (business). So imagine if you had problem with them and it was no big deal to them.

My customer ended up with bad taste in his mouth about product and DTC. We gave him ALL his money back, but it's just not the same as fixing the problem.

Deal with companies that stand behind their product. :-/

JIC-Magic
04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
What do you do for everyday guys at your place in Downey? Just rebuilds?
We offer Installations, Suspension tuning, alignments. Basically anything and everything for your car at our R&D Facility that we use to build and maintain our cars. Its called Zielsports, so if you need anything give us a call and we can make an appointment. We haven't officially launched it, but we will very soon. We're in the works on planning an event.

Alvaro it's not so much the fact that there was a problem with them. It's the way they just shined me on and keep in mind it was purchased throught my work place (business). So imagine if you had problem with them and it was no big deal to them.

My customer ended up with bad taste in his mouth about product and DTC. We gave him ALL his money back, but it's just not the same as fixing the problem.

Deal with companies that stand behind their product. :-/

I'm sorry you had some issues with customer support. I'm not really familiar with the situation or when it happened, but we can definitely work to find a resolution to the situation. I understand there used to be issues with the customer service, but I am working to sort everything out. Thats why I started this thread, to get feedback from the customers so i can improve anything that needs to be improved. And again I apologize for your situation. Give me a call if you need anything on my end of it.

S14 Wannabe
04-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Why oh why was the JIC Stabilizer Bar Adjuster Links discontinued? I asked Mike up there to see if he can source the front and the rear from Japan but I haven't heard back from him so I guess that's a no. :(

Is there ever going to be a plan for JIC to make sway bars?

When people here on Zilvia mention suspension links some of the common names that come up are Battle Version, Peak Performance, and SPL Parts. How does your product differ? What is JIC doing to get their name out there to be mentioned like the above companies?

Dorian

Marcus
04-22-2008, 06:30 PM
hey man, ive been trying to get a hold of you guys for about 6 months. i was trying to see if my flta1s could be rebuilt but i guess not. also are there any plans to make something like tein's edfc?

also i read on the website that you guys basically do trade-ins. where do i find out how much you'll take off the cost for new tar's?

kognition
04-22-2008, 06:51 PM
I have done one event so far on my new FLTA2 setup. Jon at JIC was very helpful and courteous when i visited them. Took me on a tour of the shop, explained all the questions i had for him. I would say that customer service is everything.... particularly when you sell high dollar suspension like this. I am really pleased so far with my purchase.

SUPERSTAR
04-22-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm sorry you had some issues with customer support. I'm not really familiar with the situation or when it happened, but we can definitely work to find a resolution to the situation. I understand there used to be issues with the customer service, but I am working to sort everything out. Thats why I started this thread, to get feedback from the customers so i can improve anything that needs to be improved. And again I apologize for your situation. Give me a call if you need anything on my end of it.

I dealt with Paul on original issue and he was very helpful, sad to see him leave. Then I called and spoke to Mike who had NO answers but suggested to bring suspension back to you for the 4th time. We also took the car twice,and nothing was resolved.

But I will call you and see what the results will be.

BTW I'm Ernie from Discount Tire Centers in Long Beach.

JIC-Magic
04-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Why oh why was the JIC Stabilizer Bar Adjuster Links discontinued? I asked Mike up there to see if he can source the front and the rear from Japan but I haven't heard back from him so I guess that's a no. :(

Is there ever going to be a plan for JIC to make sway bars?

When people here on Zilvia mention suspension links some of the common names that come up are Battle Version, Peak Performance, and SPL Parts. How does your product differ? What is JIC doing to get their name out there to be mentioned like the above companies?

Dorian

Mike has left the company, so thats probably why he hasnt gotten back to you about it. I can see what I can do about it, but having a part shipped from Japan can be a bit pricey. As for sway bars, I personally havent heard anything about development for sways, but if it comes up I'll be sure to let you guys know.

When you buy JIC Magic, you are guaranteed quality. All of our parts are Made in Japan. You also get proven performance. All of our race vehicles run the same JIC parts that we sell to the public, our S15 that broke the record at Button Willow runs FLT-A2's with higher spring rates and very slight internal upgrades in the damper. Its all in the setup, Jon is Pro at setting up the car to perform at its best. As long as you setup your suspension right, you can get your car to perform exactly how you want it to. Its all about adjustabilty and tuning your chassis to do what you'd like

hey man, ive been trying to get a hold of you guys for about 6 months. i was trying to see if my flta1s could be rebuilt but i guess not. also are there any plans to make something like tein's edfc?

also i read on the website that you guys basically do trade-ins. where do i find out how much you'll take off the cost for new tar's?

I havent heard of anything about making electronic damper controls as of now. As for the FLT-A1's, if you wanted to trade them in you'd have to call in to get pricing. 562-803-6122

I have done one event so far on my new FLTA2 setup. Jon at JIC was very helpful and courteous when i visited them. Took me on a tour of the shop, explained all the questions i had for him. I would say that customer service is everything.... particularly when you sell high dollar suspension like this. I am really pleased so far with my purchase.

I'm real glad to hear that, if you need anything from our end don't hesitate to give us a call.

I dealt with Paul on original issue and he was very helpful, sad to see him leave. Then I called and spoke to Mike who had NO answers but suggested to bring suspension back to you for the 4th time. We also took the car twice,and nothing was resolved.

But I will call you and see what the results will be.

BTW I'm Ernie from Discount Tire Centers in Long Beach.

I think I've met you, did you roll into our shop with the ES? I was outside smoking. LOL. Anyways, yeah gimme a call, lets try and work this out. Just let me know what the boss says.

Flybert
04-23-2008, 04:02 PM
I pm'd you yesterday about my JustDrift prize situation. I was just wondering whether you got it. Not sure if you are checking your PM's.

JIC-Magic
04-23-2008, 05:49 PM
I pm'd you yesterday about my JustDrift prize situation. I was just wondering whether you got it. Not sure if you are checking your PM's.

Yup i got it. I talked to the boss today about it. I'll give you a call tomorrow on it, i just want to make sure of a couple things before i give you an answer on how to claim it.

Flybert
04-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Yup i got it. I talked to the boss today about it. I'll give you a call tomorrow on it, i just want to make sure of a couple things before i give you an answer on how to claim it.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it and all the staff and drivers of Just Drift appreciate your support for our competition series. Positive rep coming your way.

SUPERSTAR
04-23-2008, 11:48 PM
I think I've met you, did you roll into our shop with the ES? I was outside smoking. LOL. Anyways, yeah gimme a call, lets try and work this out. Just let me know what the boss says.

Ok, keep me posted or call me. I will be in a meeting all day tomorrow. But you can leave a message and I will check during breaks.

DrifTGeeK510
04-23-2008, 11:54 PM
just wondering how much it would be for a rebuild on the sa-1

JIC-Magic
04-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Ok, keep me posted or call me. I will be in a meeting all day tomorrow. But you can leave a message and I will check during breaks.
Will do.

just wondering how much it would be for a rebuild on the sa-1
Unfortunately we dont rebuild those anymore. Since everything has been upgraded, the internal parts are different and we dont have anymore. You can trade them in for a new set but thats about it. Sorry about that.

DrifTGeeK510
04-24-2008, 04:57 PM
can you elaborate on the trade them in part please

TTrx7Pete
04-24-2008, 07:52 PM
About how often do FLT-A2s require a rebuild? I have them on my FD RX-7 and I've maybe put about 1500 miles or so on them. Just looking at it as longevity issue... I bought them because of their reputation in Japan and being a pretty good brand for the price.

Goldeneye9mm
04-24-2008, 08:24 PM
is there any fix for the s14 rear strut bar ping/creek over big bumps. i thought about welding at the seems where the ends attach to the tube but i really don't wanna do that. any suggestions?

JIC-Magic
04-25-2008, 12:20 AM
can you elaborate on the trade them in part please

Call in to our office, and we can give you a discount towards a new set of coilovers. You send in your old ones, and once we receive those and payment on the new ones, we send out the new ones. I can't give you a price on this site because that would be selling the product. You'd have to call in.

Hope this helps!

About how often do FLT-A2s require a rebuild? I have them on my FD RX-7 and I've maybe put about 1500 miles or so on them. Just looking at it as longevity issue... I bought them because of their reputation in Japan and being a pretty good brand for the price.

Ideally, every two years. Your coilovers will last a long time so long as maintain them. Coilovers are like any other part of a car, you have to maintain them in order to get maximum life out of them. For example, we have a guy that just sent in his coilovers to be rebuilt after 70k daily driven miles without rebuilding and he only sent them in because he told us he figured it was about time to refresh them.

Good tips on maintaining your suspension.
-ALWAYS have dustboots! They keep the damper in good shape by protecting the shafts from the elements.
-Clean your coilovers ESPECIALLY after a track/drift event. Excessive dirt, tire smoke or brake dust is bad for your damper and body of your suspension. This will also prevent rust and other built up on threading of your suspension. You can use anything to clean it, I.E. Brake Cleaner or Carb Spray. We clean the entire porsche from top to bottom with Torco Brake Cleaner after every single event.
-Don't daily drive on full stiff. The stiffer it is the more pressure is placed on the damper, plus it allows for less stroke on the damper so a smaller section of the damper is used. Helper springs are also a very good thing to have on your coilover set, because with the right setup, helper springs allow for more stroke.
-Don't slam your car to the ground. There is such a thing as too low. Going too low, while not setting it real stiff, as in the setup you race in can give you more opportunity to bottom out or to hit the free moving piston in the damper, which destroys a dampers life, plus it can mess with the geometry of the car if you don't adjust other aspects to your suspension. But if you like to mow down ants while daily driving, i suggest a rubber bump stopper, which prevents the car from bottoming out.

This is true for all coilovers so even those of you that don't run JIC you should try to do this to your systems as well, it can really increase the life of your suspension.

Hope this helps!

is there any fix for the s14 rear strut bar ping/creek over big bumps. i thought about welding at the seems where the ends attach to the tube but i really don't wanna do that. any suggestions?

Try greasing the joint where the mounts connect to the tube or loosen that bolt that attaches the bar to the mounts so when your chassis flexes and the strut bar catches it, it wont have too much pressure on the joint, which causes the creaking. Its either that or check to see if its a bad ball joint on the control arms, or possibly its just chassis flex, those are 2 common things that like to creak especially if you are running some stiff suspension.

Hope this helps!

-Steven-

bloodangels13
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
i have some JIC coilovers (s13) i picked up cheap from a local importer but unfortunitly the fronts were blown (will check what model) i wanna get all 4 rebuilt but what would my cost be to have them shipped back to me from you? area code 22043-1408 northern VA (PM with info please also...
would you be able to replace the locking rings and retreat or something similar the shocks threaded shell (slight corrosion from weather) and what other coilover parts will be offered for replacemet?

i've usualy stayed away from JIC because of price, old versions blowing out fairly quickly (non adjustable lowermounts) and friends that have had little issues with install (buddy neals FC .. the lower rear mounts where to thick)

JIC-Magic
04-25-2008, 05:12 PM
i have some JIC coilovers (s13) i picked up cheap from a local importer but unfortunitly the fronts were blown (will check what model) i wanna get all 4 rebuilt but what would my cost be to have them shipped back to me from you? area code 22043-1408 northern VA (PM with info please also...
would you be able to replace the locking rings and retreat or something similar the shocks threaded shell (slight corrosion from weather) and what other coilover parts will be offered for replacemet?

i've usualy stayed away from JIC because of price, old versions blowing out fairly quickly (non adjustable lowermounts) and friends that have had little issues with install (buddy neals FC .. the lower rear mounts where to thick)

Its about $60 for shipping for a full set of coilovers. Each locking ring is $38 and as for the threading we'll clean it up as best as we can, we can always order new parts from japan if needed if we dont have it in stock.

As for premature blowing of the dampers, keep up with maintenance and they will last quite a long time, Rob the Co-owner of SoCALevo.net has had his for 70k miles with no issues.

SUPERSTAR
04-30-2008, 11:32 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I guess the service still needs work?
I checked my phone a few times for the last 7 days and still waiting for a return call. :-/

nissan562
05-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Will do.

NOT

Bad service and faulty product. :wackit:

Oh Whaat?
05-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I was thinking of getting some of these for my 240. Good thing I saw this thread. I will go with original plan and get Stance.

Jung918
05-05-2008, 09:19 PM
JIC is not a company that you want to do business with.

Would you like to inform the people of zilvia what happened with JIC and Hangook regarding the sponsorship? How JIC borrows trailers, damages them, and then doesn't want to own up to their mistake? How the coilovers are made in korea and then reboxed to say they are made in japan? How JIC USA is on consignment from JIC Japan and how JIC USA forges paperwork?

dtc 360RT
05-05-2008, 11:17 PM
nice, guess we're not the only ones being dicked around

junn
05-05-2008, 11:33 PM
how can you tell which series of suspencion you have?

rps13drift
05-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Fuck jic coilovers! I bought a set of flta2's about 2 1/2 years ago to replace my tein he's and they performed fine but the things just instantly fucking fell apart! The coilovers no joke completely rusted out so bad from just everyday use(no winter driving at all). So I contacted jic about this problem and pleaded with them that at the time i was a 19 year old kid who worked fucking non stop during my summer to buy these super great aircraft aluminum coilovers that cost $1800 and they pretty much told me Im beat!!! The funny thing is all the kids in my area do the same thing with their cars and store their cars the same way but none of them have rust/corrosion issues with tein/silk road or unfortunetly even megan's.
So if it rains or has humidity in your area I highly recomend you dont buy these piece of shit coilovers or they will just rust apart!

kognition
05-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Those are allegations that are not meant for this thread. And i do not think it is appropriate. If JIC are creating a thread to address customers issues and questions about their products, they should be given the opportunity without talking about things that have nothing to do with the product. :x:

Would you like to inform the people of zilvia what happened with JIC and Hangook regarding the sponsorship? How JIC borrows trailers, damages them, and then doesn't want to own up to their mistake? How the coilovers are made in korea and then reboxed to say they are made in japan? How JIC USA is on consignment from JIC Japan and how JIC USA forges paperwork?

kognition
05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
I had heard about this problem before. The new version now has an anti corrosion coating. Doesn't help your situation i know, but that is product evolution. I will be watching mine closely for corrosion this year.

Fuck jic coilovers! I bought a set of flta2's about 2 1/2 years ago to replace my tein he's and they performed fine but the things just instantly fucking fell apart! The coilovers no joke completely rusted out so bad from just everyday use(no winter driving at all). So I contacted jic about this problem and pleaded with them that at the time i was a 19 year old kid who worked fucking non stop during my summer to buy these super great aircraft aluminum coilovers that cost $1800 and they pretty much told me Im beat!!! The funny thing is all the kids in my area do the same thing with their cars and store their cars the same way but none of them have rust/corrosion issues with tein/silk road or unfortunetly even megan's.
So if it rains or has humidity in your area I highly recomend you dont buy these piece of shit coilovers or they will just rust apart!

rps13drift
05-06-2008, 10:26 AM
I had heard about this problem before. The new version now has an anti corrosion coating. Doesn't help your situation i know, but that is product evolution. I will be watching mine closely for corrosion this year.

Nice! I wish jic would do a trade in for mine! And it sucks that they advertised these coilovers every where as AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM but almost every part of these things just rusted away! All im saying is for a product that i paid $1800 for i shouldnt have to soak them in a bucket of automatic transmission fluid than take a wire brush to them than coat the shit out of them in wd-40 every 2-3 months. And when i addressed jic aboout this problem they pretty much told me to fuck off but now they have a anti corrosion coating! Awesome!
Keep up the good work jic magic!

water
05-06-2008, 11:48 AM
My FLT-A2's have something weird going on. The fronts have play in them somewhere. It looks like the outer cylinder is loose or something. If I grab my wheel/tire from the highest and lowest points (while the car is in the air) and push the wheel towards the fender well focusing the force on the top (or pull away from the bottom), the whole assembly moves. The passenger side is worse than the driver side. Its causing serious vibration issues up front.

Flybert
05-06-2008, 01:06 PM
My FLT-A2's have something weird going on. The fronts have play in them somewhere. It looks like the outer cylinder is loose or something. If I grab my wheel/tire from the highest and lowest points (while the car is in the air) and push the wheel towards the fender well focusing the force on the top (or pull away from the bottom), the whole assembly moves. The passenger side is worse than the driver side. Its causing serious vibration issues up front.

Your lower perch is loose. It happens over time on all coilovers. Tighten them back up again. This time use a chisel and a hammer.

DTC JH
05-06-2008, 10:43 PM
I have sold 3 sets of coil overs and nothing but problems. I told Ernie too when he called me and asked what I thought about this company.

Mike there is something else man, I am a service manager that started as a technician and this dude was trying to bullshit me about the problems.
On one car he told me that reason you could not adjust the dampner was because car was too low. The height has nothing to do with the internal dampner as the height is adjusted by the housing.

Becareful with this company guys.

240cracker
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
ill be calling to tomarrow for a rebuild

water
05-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Your lower perch is loose. It happens over time on all coilovers. Tighten them back up again. This time use a chisel and a hammer.

If you're talking about the spring perch and seat, they're not loose. If you're talking about the seat over the lower strut mount, its not loose either.

I've had Tein RA's, KTS's, and FLT-A2's, never had that or this happen before. Maybe I'm not clear on what you're saying.

Jung918
05-09-2008, 04:28 AM
Those are allegations that are not meant for this thread. And i do not think it is appropriate. If JIC are creating a thread to address customers issues and questions about their products, they should be given the opportunity without talking about things that have nothing to do with the product. :x:

I would like to inform you that these are not allegations.
They are true statements and what I mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg of their horrible product and customer service.

You as a shop have received decent service from them. The majority of the end users do not get the same treatment as you have gotten. As you can see from not just the posts on this thread, but if you search the other forms you will notice a trend.

Can you inform me on when aircraft aluminum rusts?
I have seen it corrode but never rust.
This is the tactic that JIC uses to scam and manipulate people.

As a shop owner yourself, do you not stand behind your work? Do you tell the customer that they are shit out of luck? Do you seperate customer service and the products you sell?
As far as I am concerned, it is one entity. A business should build a quality product, promote it with an accurate description of the product, and stand behind it when something goes wrong.

rps13drift
05-09-2008, 04:50 AM
I agree with Jung918 100%!!! Their products and customer service is absolutely terrible!!! And im still waiting for a reply to my rust allegations on this thread to see what type of bullshit story they give me! lol!

water
05-09-2008, 05:56 AM
Start a JIC slandering thread then and leave this one for the people that actually need support.

rps13drift
05-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Start a JIC slandering thread then and leave this one for the people that actually need support.

LOL! I do need support! I need to know why i paid $1800 for jet aircraft aluminum coilovers that magicaly rusted away during normal driving conditions.

kognition
05-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I did not honestly expect to hear all of this about JIC. But i do hope they listen to what is being said.
As far as the comments about the trailer and such..... it is not something that belongs here though. If it is true or not true. It is a below the belt thing to say in a thread. If their customer service sucks, gravity will take care of that. Or they will try and improve it if it is a problem. But it is a good thing for them to get some feedback this way. A company could sell gold plated turds all day, as long as the customer service is good. :rolleyes:

I would like to inform you that these are not allegations.
They are true statements and what I mentioned are just the tip of the iceberg of their horrible product and customer service.

You as a shop have received decent service from them. The majority of the end users do not get the same treatment as you have gotten. As you can see from not just the posts on this thread, but if you search the other forms you will notice a trend.

Can you inform me on when aircraft aluminum rusts?
I have seen it corrode but never rust.
This is the tactic that JIC uses to scam and manipulate people.

As a shop owner yourself, do you not stand behind your work? Do you tell the customer that they are shit out of luck? Do you seperate customer service and the products you sell?
As far as I am concerned, it is one entity. A business should build a quality product, promote it with an accurate description of the product, and stand behind it when something goes wrong.

kognition
05-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Will a magnet stick to them by the way? Aluminum is non ferous

LOL! I do need support! I need to know why i paid $1800 for jet aircraft aluminum coilovers that magicaly rusted away during normal driving conditions.

racer98
05-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Will do.

Unfortunately we dont rebuild those anymore. Since everything has been upgraded, the internal parts are different and we dont have anymore. You can trade them in for a new set but thats about it. Sorry about that.

------------------------ oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, intresting.

water
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM

I know you were, i was talking about the other stuff. Its probably keeping the actual tech support from responding.

racer98
05-09-2008, 09:41 AM

Wow,you paid $1800 ? I know someone paid $2200 for something else. Jic wish you the best of luck with your new customer service.

tr0n9h
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
And I always thought JIC suspension were good. Was about to order one next week. Guess not anymore. :keke:

SUPERSTAR
05-11-2008, 02:58 AM
So no response? :down:

I can go on and on about the details that "I" went through on customer's set up, but long story short. Before you decide to fork money out to a company or a private seller? Make sure you do some serious research or you will get the short end of the stick.

I work for a company that purchased a set of coilovers that were defective and problem was not corrected. I have documented invoices with dates and times of when and how we dealt with this company. Yet, they felt we were not important or matter enough to resolve issue.

Offering a credit for defective product was never an option, I offered a trade in product for a different SKU# and was out of the question. Bottom line no one made a decision to take care of their customer (us) yet alone worry about the consumer who purchased their product.

I try and handle most of the issues that can be resolved at store level, however we do have a PPS (Profit Protection System) that must take place when a store manager(like me ) can not find a solution. After all the steps have took place and problem is not corrected? we simply put all the copies of paperwork and report in a envelope. The envelope is then sent to our corporate office and handed over to our PCO (Profit Control Officer). This person will then prepare all legal documents and present to any of the Three Lawyers our company has on payroll. In the end we get our money back plus all the court fees.

Now why would you Ernie sit here and share this with us?

Simple: You may not have all the manpower in your company to do this, You may not own a company and purchased products from them and have no luck resolving your issues. So I share this with you to remind you that "if you have a valid claim against a company or private seller?" You should not get the short end of the stick, because you trusted in the wrong people?

It's only your fault when you get taken twice, by the same company or private seller.

Do your homework people and it will save you time later on posting a thread about who took you for a ride!!!

WE DESERVE BETTER TREATMENT AND RESPECT FOR SPENDING THE HARD MONEY WE EARN.

yokotas13
05-11-2008, 03:10 AM

dude i work on aircraft

anything labeled aircraft quality metal of anytime, i try to avoid.

DTC JH
05-11-2008, 10:24 PM
I told you this maybe next time you listen.

Flybert
05-11-2008, 10:31 PM
So no response? :down:

It's FD weekend in Atlanta. JIC guys are out of town right now.

SUPERSTAR
05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Since April 23rd??? oh well, out of my hands as of tomorrow morning.

FRpilot
05-12-2008, 01:41 PM
been almost a month. what's going to happen tomorrow morning?

Sonic Motor
05-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I think this thread totally backfired. That sucks.

JIC-Magic
05-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Sorry guys its been a bit hectic around here before Atlanta, but I just got back into the office and ill be taking care of all these posts.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I guess the service still needs work?
I checked my phone a few times for the last 7 days and still waiting for a return call. :-/
For all the guys at Discount Tire Centers

I have been running around trying to resolve this issue, I'm sorry you feel that way with all the posts you have started about JIC. Remember that the car you installed the suspension in was brought into us and we replaced all the dampers at our own cost with new ones, then we tried using our higher end Monotube dampers; again at our cost. We ran diagnostics and examined all the dampers, and determined it was not the dampers. Monotube dampers, if the car is lowered real low, the car can bottom out hitting the free floating piston making a clunk noise. The twin tube design has no free floating piston, therefore the clunking noise cannot happen in a Twintube which is the damper that was on the suspension at beginning.. Even after all the things you have said, i would like to find a resolution to the situation.

Remember we have not sat here in silence not willing to help out with your situation we examined the car and the suspension components at 3 different occasions. If you would still like to find a solution give me a call at 562-803-6122.

Fuck jic coilovers! I bought a set of flta2's about 2 1/2 years ago to replace my tein he's and they performed fine but the things just instantly fucking fell apart! The coilovers no joke completely rusted out so bad from just everyday use(no winter driving at all). So I contacted jic about this problem and pleaded with them that at the time i was a 19 year old kid who worked fucking non stop during my summer to buy these super great aircraft aluminum coilovers that cost $1800 and they pretty much told me Im beat!!! The funny thing is all the kids in my area do the same thing with their cars and store their cars the same way but none of them have rust/corrosion issues with tein/silk road or unfortunately even megan's.

As stated in earlier in this thread, suspension is the same as any other component in a car. They have to be maintained to last long, we recommend that a set should be rebuilt every 2 years to make sure that there is no permanent damage to the dampers. Everyday driving on any suspension can damage them. If you ride around on full stiff everyday, hazardous road conditions can damage the damper, such as potholes or dramatic changes in the road. A serious pothole can seriously damage several suspension components and even something as solid as a rim. If you live in a place with winters, there is higher wear on any suspension, winters are notorious for rusting out the bottom of cars, whether the car is driven or not.

I have sold 3 sets of coil overs and nothing but problems. I told Ernie too when he called me and asked what I thought about this company.

Mike there is something else man, I am a service manager that started as a technician and this dude was trying to bullshit me about the problems.
On one car he told me that reason you could not adjust the dampner was because car was too low. The height has nothing to do with the internal dampner as the height is adjusted by the housing.

Becareful with this company guys.

I don't know who told you that, but one of the key points that we mention about our product is the height adjustable lower bracket with the third locking perch. I'm sorry if you called in and received that information but there is noone that i know that works here that does not know that point. If you give me a name of that person i might be able to resolve any issue like that in the future. But as I stated earlier, its a key point and I don't know anyone that is a worker that doesnt know that.

If you're talking about the spring perch and seat, they're not loose. If you're talking about the seat over the lower strut mount, its not loose either.

I've had Tein RA's, KTS's, and FLT-A2's, never had that or this happen before. Maybe I'm not clear on what you're saying.
I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to, but if you send me a picture at my email i'll be able to help you out further.

[email protected]

I don't know where you are getting your information, but i established this thread to help anyone that needed help with our product, if you some kind of problem you are trying to resolve, allegations don't help the situation, if you have a complaint give me a call personally.

I think this thread totally backfired. That sucks.

I don't feel that way. This is exactly what i would like, if anyone has an issue i would like it to be brought forth so that i can do is in my power to find a resolution. Its almost a good thing that people came forward with their issues because now i know what needs to be worked on and now the company can take action against these types of situations so that they wont happen in the future.

Sonic Motor
05-12-2008, 04:05 PM
wow, you are super cool. I hope practice what you preach. And vice versa. ;)
see ya around!

yokotas13
05-12-2008, 06:07 PM
why doesnt JIC have a stagea application

SUPERSTAR
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Steve, I did call you to resolve this issue and you never called back. That is one of the service complaints I have. Now as far as you metioning that you replaced dampners at your own cost, were you expecting us to pay for it? Don't understand, I sent the suspension 3 times and car twice, thats a lot of labor involved, which tied up my tech. The car was at your place and had 1 1/4" drop on it. Now if you are saying that your suspension can not handle that kind of drop with out making noise, then why make a coilover with ride height adjustment.

I called and spoke to you and you said you will call me back. In your previous post you were to return my call while I had meeting and you said you will. This did not take place and the suspension is still sitting in my shelf. I do not feel right selling that again to a customer and did not feel we should take a lost on it. I gave you and your company plenty of time to resolve issue, that did not happen.The purchase was on Feb.12th 2008 and original complaint was put in on 14th, two days later. We have been waiting for support or help for 3 months?.

This is not in my hands anymore, I filed paperwork and someone will be contacting your company soon.

Steve, I should not have to call you again. I am your customer, you are not mine. You are the one who should handle all my issues as your customer. So for you to ask me to call you to resolve this??? It just blows me away, You have not returned my call on the first request we talked on the phone about.

Maybe I expect too much, maybe I take customer service too seriously?
The company I work for has a 100% customer satisfaction rule and we follow or we find ourselves looking for another job.

I understand that there are problems with your company or whatever, but you could at least call back and made up another excuse on why, you haven't helped me.
You can not improve your customer service if you do the same as the others there. Also the guy who Jesse dealt with was Mike at your place, it says so in his post.

Good luck with your plans and hope your business gets better. I will not recommend your products and wish this does not happen to someone else.
Why do we have to be at your mercy, when we paid for quality parts and service?

The whole "we will help him when we get around to it" attitude has been my experience.

yokotas13
05-12-2008, 08:32 PM
funny
dmax is the same way
i just had to tell them to fuck off yesterday

SR20d2fourT
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't feel that way. This is exactly what i would like, if anyone has an issue i would like it to be brought forth so that i can do is in my power to find a resolution. Its almost a good thing that people came forward with their issues because now i know what needs to be worked on and now the company can take action against these types of situations so that they wont happen in the future.

Determination and care. This is what this JIC-Magic guy is about. I can't say the same about the others simply because I haven't had any encounters with them ( I have springs :'( NOoOOoO!) but it's good to see that this guy isn't backing down or getting discouraged with all these neg points.

It's good that Zilvians are getting their rants on about unresolved issues....

this is how everything should be handled - With patience and understanding.
+ for JIC for taking care of this thread.
and +1 to DTC for actually caring about their customers~!!!!!!!! We need shops like you guys in TX.

FRpilot
05-12-2008, 08:49 PM
funny
dmax is the same way
i just had to tell them to fuck off yesterday

what do you mean? are you saying dmax customer service sucks or their product quality sucks because people here are saying both service and product suck..

water
05-13-2008, 06:20 AM
I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to, but if you send me a picture at my email i'll be able to help you out further.

[email protected]

I would really need a small video to show you...I'll see what i can do.

yokotas13
05-13-2008, 06:43 AM
what do you mean? are you saying dmax customer service sucks or their product quality sucks because people here are saying both service and product suck..
both

totally and utterly

JIC-Magic
05-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Do you mean a more entry level product like lowering springs?

Steve, I did call you to resolve this issue and you never called back. That is one of the service complaints I have. Now as far as you metioning that you replaced dampners at your own cost, were you expecting us to pay for it? Don't understand, I sent the suspension 3 times and car twice, thats a lot of labor involved, which tied up my tech. The car was at your place and had 1 1/4" drop on it. Now if you are saying that your suspension can not handle that kind of drop with out making noise, then why make a coilover with ride height adjustment.

I called and spoke to you and you said you will call me back. In your previous post you were to return my call while I had meeting and you said you will. This did not take place and the suspension is still sitting in my shelf. I do not feel right selling that again to a customer and did not feel we should take a lost on it. I gave you and your company plenty of time to resolve issue, that did not happen.The purchase was on Feb.12th 2008 and original complaint was put in on 14th, two days later. We have been waiting for support or help for 3 months?.

This is not in my hands anymore, I filed paperwork and someone will be contacting your company soon.

Steve, I should not have to call you again. I am your customer, you are not mine. You are the one who should handle all my issues as your customer. So for you to ask me to call you to resolve this??? It just blows me away, You have not returned my call on the first request we talked on the phone about.

Maybe I expect too much, maybe I take customer service too seriously?
The company I work for has a 100% customer satisfaction rule and we follow or we find ourselves looking for another job.

I understand that there are problems with your company or whatever, but you could at least call back and made up another excuse on why, you haven't helped me.
You can not improve your customer service if you do the same as the others there. Also the guy who Jesse dealt with was Mike at your place, it says so in his post.

Good luck with your plans and hope your business gets better. I will not recommend your products and wish this does not happen to someone else.
Why do we have to be at your mercy, when we paid for quality parts and service?

The whole "we will help him when we get around to it" attitude has been my experience.

What i meant by at our cost is that i wanted to make sure that you knew that we were not sitting idle, that we did offer our time and assistance at our own cost to resolve the issue a day or so after you called in and asked for support, i never implied that it would have to come out of your own pocket, those are your words. Also sending in the car and suspension to be checked out is the only way for us to be able to troubleshoot the problem, we examined all the suspension components, with an older vehicle like that it could just as easily be a bad bushing or a chassis component that had been damage, because from my understanding the es300 that was brought in to us had been in an accident before. Also the reason i asked for you to call me is because after everything that was said about our company, i wasn't entirely sure you even wanted to find a solution, i threw it out there because it is your decision how you wanted to move forward from this. I am sorry you felt you had a bad experience, but you brought us the vehicle and specifically told us you had a time crunch on the situation, we worked with you to find a solution but you didnt find any acceptable, and we are STILL trying to work with you to find a solution but again you dont feel it acceptable. It seems that you have determined how you want to move forward from this. I'm sorry you feel that way, but either way i am still available to see what i can do for you, so let me know.

Determination and care. This is what this JIC-Magic guy is about. I can't say the same about the others simply because I haven't had any encounters with them ( I have springs :'( NOoOOoO!) but it's good to see that this guy isn't backing down or getting discouraged with all these neg points.

It's good that Zilvians are getting their rants on about unresolved issues....

this is how everything should be handled - With patience and understanding.
+ for JIC for taking care of this thread.
and +1 to DTC for actually caring about their customers~!!!!!!!! We need shops like you guys in TX.

Thank you, your comment is very much appreciated.

I would really need a small video to show you...I'll see what i can do.

I got your email, and ill respond promptly with an answer.

SUPERSTAR
05-13-2008, 04:49 PM
I am sorry you felt you had a bad experience, but you brought us the vehicle and specifically told us you had a time crunch on the situation, we worked with you to find a solution but you didnt find any acceptable, and we are STILL trying to work with you to find a solution but again you dont feel it acceptable.

The car excuses we talked about already, old car, too low and so on. Not the vehicle's problem. If this is a way to get out of it? then that's pretty low. I am a very honest person and would never attempt such practice on anyone. (please):bow:

You can ask those that know me here on Zilvia.

Steve the last time the car was looked at we could not wait for your team to go drift and tell my customer that there is more important things you have to do than help him. So I did what I had to do to keep my customer happy and that was refund his money and say "I'm Sorry".

I asked you to either refund the money or trade setup for another type of car that has not reported many issues. You never called or replied till now. How long does it take to make that decision?

C'mon, You and I were very clear on the phone and you did not follow through on your half. I can only do so much as I am responsible for the store's profits. It is not my company and these things are steps that must be followed to keep my job.

Here is request again: May we have a refund on the parts we purchased or trade for different application?

nissan562
05-19-2008, 10:39 PM
This thread sucks and is opposite of what it says. No sales and there is prices. Here to help and completely ignore people for several days.

Neg Rep for sure.:down:

racer98
05-19-2008, 11:26 PM

PM me and I will give you some X-ref to look it up.

SUPERSTAR
05-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Nothing yet? There you go people do business with companies that care!!!

xpertsnowcarver
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
rather unfortunate how this thread ended up. first thread answered my q. just wanted to show some appreciation to steven for taking to the time to start this thread.

racer98
10-26-2008, 07:54 PM
rather unfortunate how this thread ended up. first thread answered my q. just wanted to show some appreciation to steven for taking to the time to start this thread.

Bumping this thread after how many months of idle ?

xpertsnowcarver
10-26-2008, 08:17 PM
im very aware how old it is ;) but pointing that out in my post is off topic

mothon
10-31-2008, 01:11 AM
So who here has had good luck with jic coilovers?

xplicit240
10-31-2008, 01:31 AM
yikes... didnt even know about this. was thinking of buying JIC.

hope everything is settled and people are getting taken care of.

Addicted2Kouki
10-31-2008, 01:47 AM
Just went to JIC today in downey to get mine rebuilt.
Their customer service isn't so bad.. atleast in my experience so far.

They totally hooked it up.
They are upgrading my FLT-A2's to TAR spec with the rebuild I am getting.
I talked with Adrian (maxstyle?) a bit and we worked something out.
Cool people from what I experienced.

I guess it's time the play the waiting game to see what happens next.
Coilovers are due in about 2 weeks so I'll update then.

A question I had in the back of my head...
If I get all my coilovers rebuilt..
and I want to upgrade. I am aware of your trade in program.
What would be the trade in value
of my S14 FLT-A2's rebuilt to TAR spec
for some new TAR specs, or even used TAR spec.. ?

JIC-Magic
10-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Hey sorry guys i havent really update this thing in a while.

Just went to JIC today in downey to get mine rebuilt.
Their customer service isn't so bad.. atleast in my experience so far.

They totally hooked it up.
They are upgrading my FLT-A2's to TAR spec with the rebuild I am getting.
I talked with Adrian (maxstyle?) a bit and we worked something out.
Cool people from what I experienced.

I guess it's time the play the waiting game to see what happens next.
Coilovers are due in about 2 weeks so I'll update then.

A question I had in the back of my head...
If I get all my coilovers rebuilt..
and I want to upgrade. I am aware of your trade in program.
What would be the trade in value
of my S14 FLT-A2's rebuilt to TAR spec
for some new TAR specs, or even used TAR spec.. ?

Basically your suspension will be exactly the same as our newer design internally. Cosmetically it wont be the same, but your dampers will be brand new. It would be like me taking a brand new set of coils and leaving it out in the sun, so cosmetics are the only difference. You will like it i guarentee it, i run the TAR's on my S14. Plus with the newer design we can modify it alot easier for you if you want to take it up a notch later on and get a custom set up, which is only around $150 more.

yikes... didnt even know about this. was thinking of buying JIC.

hope everything is settled and people are getting taken care of.

The whole thing with the discount tire thing was just alot of miscommunication and alot of unresolved issues that came up on both sides. We try to take care of everyone as best as we can, there are just certain things we cant do like take back a used coilover set if we find them not faulty.

Thank you very much for your comment, it comes really appreciated to hear that. Personally i made this thread to reach out to people to answer questions. I remember when i first started modding cars (i wont lie i had Teins on my honda) and i didnt know what i could do with my suspension and i didnt know who to talk too to get answers. Plus it seemed intimidating to call up tein and ask a question i thought i was stupid for not knowing the answer too. So i encourage anyone that has any question about anything JIC or even suspension in general, ill try to answer it as best as i can or if i dont know it ill bug my techs to find it for you. But yeah thanks again man its great to hear something like that, brings value behind starting something like this.

Keep the questions coming, ill try and be on more. Plus i set my email notifications for PMs and replies to my threads so i can be on top of this.

-Steven-

Addicted2Kouki
10-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Basically your suspension will be exactly the same as our newer design internally. Cosmetically it wont be the same, but your dampers will be brand new. It would be like me taking a brand new set of coils and leaving it out in the sun, so cosmetics are the only difference. You will like it i guarentee it, i run the TAR's on my S14. Plus with the newer design we can modify it alot easier for you if you want to take it up a notch later on and get a custom set up, which is only around $150 more.

-Steven-
I understand that.
I was wondering..
If I wanted to trade in my FLT-A2's upgraded internally to TAR spec
for some actual TAR specs....

How much of a trade in value would those hold?

I saw your car and I think I talked to you and tried to bum a cigarette off of you LOL.
Or maybe yours was the OTHER s14.

xpertsnowcarver
10-31-2008, 12:42 PM
well. i installed the JIC TARs yesterday with about a .5" wheel gap and full dampener stroke and about 7 clicks from soft. they are GREAT!
better than lowering springs, tein basics, tein superstreets, and hks hypermax d. (yep, ive tried all of those). the feel is about the equivalent of the tein mono flex. hoping they'll work good in the long term, ill be using these for a long time.

xplicit240
10-31-2008, 01:04 PM
yeah thats understandable. i used to work with one of the big manufacturers as well.

Addicted2Kouki
11-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Just got my coilovers back.
Big thumbs up to JIC.
Maybe back then things werent so great and service sucked
but I can personally vouch that they must have busted a 180 and turned everything around.

They called me before they started working on them and called me when they were done.

They even helped me out on the price when I realized I was a lil short.
One of the reps even gave me a JIC hat.

I'm about to throw on my coilovers but I just wanted to say thanks JIC.