PDA

View Full Version : Tensioner Loose?

PhAtXSuMo
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
i had this problem since friday i shifted at 4,000 RPMS and i heared a very very strange noise, it was really loud and had a deep screeching sound.

Now there is a ticking noise coming from the front of the valve cover.

Today i just took off the valve cover and checked it. My auto teacher said that theres no slack on the tensioner and thats whats causing the ticking noise.

I heared from a friend that this is a common thing for KA's, with the timing belt.

anyone know how to fix the problem or give me some info on this?

thanks again
-Paul

verge513
04-21-2008, 02:59 PM
well theres no timing belt just a chain...and there shouldnt be any slack ...if there was slack then its not doing its job..check to see if anything is worn real bad..grovves so on.. how miles on the engine? this problem usually starts around 80 to 100K

PhAtXSuMo
04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
well theres no timing belt just a chain...and there shouldnt be any slack ...if there was slack then its not doing its job..check to see if anything is worn real bad..grovves so on.. how miles on the engine? this problem usually starts around 80 to 100K
yes i know its not a belt... its a chain...

well thats the problem as well the car i bought had a rebuilt engine, and engine currently has close to 27,000 milse on it

i just wanna know how to fix it.

verge513
04-25-2008, 06:00 AM
hmm...well sometimes you just gatta put up with noises our cars make. record it or somthing so we can hear it..maybe the timing components werent replaced