PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! dont know whats going on.

sumoboi7
04-21-2008, 11:54 AM
hey all. just installed a boost guage in my redtop sr20det and now it sounds like my stock bov is opening up at around 6 or 7 psi. before i did the boost guage the bov was tee'd to the intake before the turbo and then near the throttle body it went to 2 nipples so it was tee'd. all i did was add another tee to the boost guage and now it seeems to open up during boost. btw the stock bov is not recirculated. did i tee the guage off the wrong line? i was told that i could tee it off of any vacuum line from the throttle body. im not quite sure why the bov is opening up and causeing a power loss. it still accelerates quickly but it feels slower then before. any help qould be awesome.

blownmotor
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Tee from the FPR Boost should be read from Manifold pressure DO NOT TEE IT FROM THE 2 NIPPLES BELOW THE THROTTLE BODY !

sumoboi7
04-21-2008, 09:58 PM
ok. i will fix it. y shouldnt i do that?

blownmotor
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
because the two nipples below the throttle body does not go to the manifold and reading boost from the manifold is the most accurate because thats how much air you engine is actually getting

sumoboi7
04-22-2008, 07:47 PM
ok so i looked at it and my bov is tee'd to the fpr and another nipple above the throttle body. thats the wun i tee'd it off and it started acting weird. i removed the tee and put on a new one and it worked fine. i think the tee i got was faulty. it probably had a leak.

crzycav86
04-22-2008, 09:48 PM
jesus christ did you really mis-spell ONE?

sumoboi7
04-25-2008, 08:35 PM
if u dont have anything productive to add then stfu