PDA

View Full Version : Changing Headlight Bulbs on S14

240fluke
11-15-2002, 02:09 AM
I have been having difficulties trying to install my new headlights in my '95 S14.  How do you get the light bulbs out from the housing w/o removing the assembly?  Do they twist out or do you have to press buttons in on the unit to get the light bulbs to be released?

I have also tried to remove the headlight assembly, but got stuck most of the way through it.  I got the grille removed and exposed 2 inner bolts and then there is the top bolt that connects the corner lamp to the headlamp.  Those are all removed.  Now, I still can not figure out how to remove the corner lamp or the headlamp?  Both feel as if they are still being held in place by something else that I am not seeing.  How can I remove these so I can change my lights?

Tim '95 SE

Foxcolt
11-15-2002, 07:45 AM
It's a lot easier to do the headlights with the whole assembly removed. It's not that hard. The corner lamps are held in place by one screw and a plastic joint thing. All you have to do is pull the corner lamp towards the front. Stand in front of the car and pull towards you. It takes a little bit of umph but you'll get it. Once you do that you'll see the last two nuts that need to be removed from the headlamp assembly. After that it's a peice of cake.

G'luck
Jed