PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any spark

Foreva180
11-14-2002, 10:17 PM
I just installed a Sr20det into my 90 240sx.  The car will crank, but it will not start.  I pull the fuel line, and realized that my fuel pump is not working.  I looked at relay box on the passenger side of the engine, and saw the egi pump relay.  I thought that would be the fuel pump relay, so I maually wired a line from the fuel pump to the relay.  The car started.  I realized that I need to wire the electrical fan too, so I tried to connect the same wire to the relay for the fuel pump.  Next thing I know, the car will not start anymore.  I took out my multimeter and test the voltage on the relay.  There are 4 wires that's connected under the relay.

1.  Constant Power Line:  12v is constant supplied through that line.
2.  Ground
3.  Signal Wire:  it's red/black.  when the key is at the off position, it should act like a ground, but when the key is at the on position, the signal wire should have 12v going through.
4.  Power wire:  it sends out 12v to whatever it needs to power.

Right now my signal wire it's not sending out any voltage nor ground when it's off or on.  I have no idea where that wire goes to.
I took out my spark plug and tried to see if it sparks or not, and it doesn't.  I looked at the circuit diagram for the car.  There are two things that's needed for the plug to spark.  One is the ignition coil relay, and the other one is the ignitor chip.  I checked my ignitor chip by using it on another car, and it works just fine.  My ignition coil pack relay clicks when i try to start the car.  I changed the relay, and it's still doesn't spark.  Maybe it's not the relay and it's the ignitor chip sensing something wrong?  I need help badly, and if you are in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, please try to help me.  I need my car badly.  Thanks you all very much.

Foreva180
11-15-2002, 04:21 PM
bump, please help me

kickertu
11-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Check your ecu.. we had a similar problem. we pulled the ecu, and a bog portion of it was fried. try that

Foreva180
11-15-2002, 08:38 PM
hmm..thanks for the info and that'll be the next thing i'll check.  may i ask, how was your ecu fried? thanks!

Foreva180
11-16-2002, 09:57 PM
i fixed my car.  i am writing this for future references.  it was the ecu that was fried.  i just did a visual check by looking at the led on the ecu.  mine original one didn't light up, and the new one i did and worked.