PDA

View Full Version : Redtop wiring harness conversion using KA24E harness

Prelude Guy
04-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,

I am finishing up my wiring conversion for my Redtop into my 89 hatch. I am using the www.frsport.com wiring guide. I have some leftover wires that I need to know if I leave them cut and unattached.

Here's what I am working with:

Large Blue with Red stripe on SR harness. Tape it off?
SR Black with purple connects to KA black with pink?
Should I connect the Brown SR side connects to Black/Red on KA side? 2 Brown wires on KA side
Green/Yellow stripe connects to KA Gray connector? I don't see a Green/Yellow on the KA brown connector

Unused on SR side:
brown
blue wit red
blue with white
green wit yellow
blue wit yellow
smaller blue with red

Unused on KA gray connector:
Green with yellow
red with blue

Unused on KA brown connector:
Brown with silver specs
Yellow with blue
Pink
Brown again with silver specs

I plan to get the AC working on my car, too.

I am trying to get this conversion done this weekend. I wanted to post this before I go to dinner so I can get some responses. I did a quick search but I didn't find anything.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

aNskY
04-19-2008, 05:34 PM
you should really pay closer attention to that diagram dude...
going to help you anyway, i feel nice today :fawk:

Large blue/red on sr harness goes with
black/red on sr and also black/red on ka harness (3 WIRES)

SR pink might be slightly diff color than ka pink, same goes for every color pretty much. just pay close attention.

dont put the brown wire with main ignition power, you need a SWITCHED source. get yourself a test light.

as far as the ac relay.. there should only be one g/y regardless of what connector its in.. use it

Prelude Guy
04-20-2008, 12:50 PM
Large blue/red on sr harness goes with
black/red on sr and also black/red on ka harness (3 WIRES)

Ah, got that. Done!

dont put the brown wire with main ignition power, you need a SWITCHED source. get yourself a test light.

So are you saying that none of the 2 Brown wires on the small Brown KA connector are used? If I can connect the SR brown wire to one of the KA Brown wires, which one? There are two, one right next to the other.

as far as the ac relay.. there should only be one g/y regardless of what connector its in.. use it

Got it! Soldered

SR pink might be slightly diff color than ka pink, same goes for every color pretty much. just pay close attention.

There isn't a pink wire on the SR side of the harness.

Ok, as of right now, the top row of the small Brown KA connector aren't connected. From left to right, there is a Brown wire, another Brown wire, a pink wire, and a Yellow with Blue stripe.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/dhillon1977/KABrownharness.jpg

The only wire not connected to anything on the big Gray KA connector is the Red with Blue stripe wire.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/dhillon1977/KAGrayharness.jpg

On the SR wire harness side, the following aren't connected; Brown, Blue with White stripe, Blue with Yellow stripe, and Blue with Red stripe
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/dhillon1977/SRsideofharness.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated.

nrg
04-20-2008, 01:33 PM
just follow that diagram (frsports) and ignore left over wires.

use the AC wire that's on the chassis to the AC compressor.

Locko
05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
that would run almost the same as the S14 black top to S14 car ? (KA24DE) or is completely different?

nrg
05-07-2008, 09:11 PM
that would run almost the same as the S14 black top to S14 car ? (KA24DE) or is completely different?
nope, s14 sr20 in s14 just needs a repin job at the f3 harness.
search around and you should find the pdf file.

Locko
05-07-2008, 09:30 PM
and i should be searching under what since everytime i search S14 SR swap ..it comes S14 SR to S13 :P