PDA

View Full Version : Nismo parts better than OEM?

Kougeki
04-17-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm thinking about buying a set of toe arms cause mine are bent, and i know there are Cusco, Kazama, JIC and others.
I was looking at the Nismo parts and in a small sentence it says; "Part shape and materials are identical with standard parts"
So, are they just Nismo as in the name, or are they actually built a little better than OEM parts?
http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/competition/lb/pdf/silvia13_01.pdf

s13drob
04-17-2008, 05:01 PM
ive heard they are overpriced OEM. IMO i think so 2.

DreamN
04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
for the most part Nismo items are damn near the same as OEM just painted silver and have better bushings (i.e. Nismo Tension Rod). The Nismo power brace is the same as OEM. It's just boxed in and has a rod connecting it for better support. Not really worth the price tag in my opinion. They're just slight improvements on OEM parts.

Kougeki
04-17-2008, 05:04 PM
Well, in my case, i bought a Nismo tranny mount for 50$ from the dealer.
The OEM was 130$ or something like that.
It was much cheaper there, but i don't know about everything else.
If it's the same as OEM, all you're buying is the name, right?

johngriff
04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Just get SPL links.

Firestorm
04-17-2008, 06:04 PM
nismo parts are essentially OEM parts, but, as said they often feature harder bushings, some of the suspension parts have plates welded in on the bottom (RUCAS, power brace) and of course, they are painted silver.

sometimes nismo parts are cheaper than OEM, sometimes not.

g6civcx
04-17-2008, 06:19 PM
For SCCA purposes, you can get away with some Nismo stuff as OEM replacement parts.

projectRDM
04-17-2008, 06:33 PM
Stiffer bushings, boxed, and the lower arms are reshaped to suit lowered cars.

They're perfect for someone looking to forego spherical bearings and keep some compliance or to compete as mentioned in SCCA without going out of class. You could do the same though with off the shelf Nismo bushings, some steel and a welder, and silver paint.

burnsauto
04-17-2008, 06:34 PM
well heres the thing. IMO Most dealers don't like it when you screw with the car (ie. aftermarket parts) Most companies don't like you to alter the designs they worked very hard on to "perfect".

They do realize though, that people will want to mess around with their cars, so the dealers try to offer something that can be installed by the dealer, still keep the cars warranty (with some parts) and also, the most important part, keep it reliable. They don't offer radically new designed parts because most of the time, they alter the cars reliability too much.

Size
04-17-2008, 11:11 PM
stiffer bushings than OEM, structural re-inforcemnt.

bloodangels13
04-18-2008, 08:16 AM
do you even realize what nismo stands for? the reason the dealer will not warranty nismo is b/c there are listed as race/ off-road only parts ... ever read the lil sticker thats on the nismo parts boxes... saying Nismo isnt nissan is like saying TRD isnt toyota, Mazdaspeed isnt mazda

ive been dealing with Nissan dealers for awhile now thru my job as a parts supplier and thru my buddie who is a nissan tech and orders nismo parts alllll the time

mifesto
05-07-2008, 09:25 PM
well not all nismo parts will void warranty. some require dealer install though to keep warranty, some dont.

wangan_cruiser
05-07-2008, 09:34 PM
ill still take nismo parts even they are close to oem spec than megan suspension sets.

megan = death