PDA

View Full Version : code 45 and 34

nissanguy13
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I know there's been questions about this before, but I have been searching and can't find any definite answers. My car is throwing a code 34 and a 45. (Knock Sensor and Leaky injector.) I'm guessing that one of the injectors are bad but as I read other posts some said the O2 sensor could trip the code 45, is that true? I don't have a lot of time right now to diagnose and I don't want to play the guessing game of buying something and hoping it fixes the problem.

So my questions are-What is the best way to pin point which one is the leaky injector(s)?

Is it possible that it could be the O2 sensor and if so, how to diagnose that?

When I bought the car the #1 injector had been replaced due to being fried, the head gasket blew shortly after that, then I used seafoam to clean out the engine. (Just a little history to maybe pin point the problem faster)

Thanks in advance for any useful information left.

Edit: If you guys know a thread on here that I missed and has good information, please let me know too.

nissanguy13
04-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Update. The car would want to die every once in a while when I was at a stop, the rpms would bounce between 800 down to almost 0 and it would stall a little when i gassed it. It didn't happen too often. This morning I got in the car and tried to drive to work and it almost died twice then it did the third time not even a block from my house. It would idle fine until I pushed on the gas.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

NismObsession
04-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I know there's been questions about this before, but I have been searching and can't find any definite answers. My car is throwing a code 34 and a 45. (Knock Sensor and Leaky injector.) I'm guessing that one of the injectors are bad but as I read other posts some said the O2 sensor could trip the code 45, is that true? I don't have a lot of time right now to diagnose and I don't want to play the guessing game of buying something and hoping it fixes the problem.

So my questions are-What is the best way to pin point which one is the leaky injector(s)?

Is it possible that it could be the O2 sensor and if so, how to diagnose that?

When I bought the car the #1 injector had been replaced due to being fried, the head gasket blew shortly after that, then I used seafoam to clean out the engine. (Just a little history to maybe pin point the problem faster)

Thanks in advance for any useful information left.

Edit: If you guys know a thread on here that I missed and has good information, please let me know too.
45 is an injection leak not injector leak. wich basically means that theres a problem with your fuel pressure. maybe a bad fpr or a cut vacuum hose somewhere.

nissanguy13
04-14-2008, 11:48 PM
45 is an injection leak not injector leak. wich basically means that theres a problem with your fuel pressure. maybe a bad fpr or a cut vacuum hose somewhere.

I'm not sure where you look up your codes, but the book says INJECTOR LEAK. If you look at other threads they say the same thing. You might want to school yourself up on a subject before opening your mouth. Oh yeah, by the way welcome to Zilvia.

Anyways, I went to work at 5 am this morning so I was tired as shit, and was in too big of a hurry to even figure out what was causing the problem. When I got home today the codes were 12 and 13 (coolant temp sensor, and mafs). So I started looking around the engine bay and noticed the coolant temp sensor was unplugged, so I plugged it back in, and the wiring that goes from the harness to the mafs was getting chewed up by the fan.

I thought I fixed all the wiring tonight but when I got done it was still throwing the same code (13) and was bogging out at 2500 rpms. So tomorrow I'll undo all the wiring again and take a second look.

Is it possible the computer was throwing out the code 45 because the mafs wasn't working properly?

nissanguy13
04-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Okay I went through the damaged part of the wiring harness and fixed all the rips and breaks. Now it is shaky at an idle and in gear up to 2500 rpms, but really strong after that. I'm only getting a knock sensor right now, so I'll drive it to work tomorrow and see if it throws anymore codes. Mainly curious to see if code 45 will show up again.