PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Lights Problem

atopper
04-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Im having a problem with my front hazard lights turning on when the car is parked. it first happed this afternoon. i arrived at work and it was hot so i left a crack in my windows so air could get through after work when i came out my windows were all the way up, and when i got in i heard a little cracking noise, the one you hear when your turn signals are on. so i look at i see my front hazard lights are blinking but not my back. i drive it home and its still blinking so i run into the garage to get some tools to disconnect the battery.when i go back out it stopped. has anyone had this problem before? and any idea why the hell my windows were rolled back up? could it be a electrical problem? also my car is a 1996 240sx Se.

Signum Temporis
04-12-2008, 07:30 PM
maybe u accidentally hit the switch... if ur windows are electrical and u have a little controller, u might have held the lock button down and the windows rolled up? idk, it happens on some cars

DreamN
04-12-2008, 07:32 PM
ghost? lol. that's a weird electrical issue though. never heard of such a thing.

DreamN
04-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Just curious, do you have an alarm? If so, maybe this is some sort of feature on your alarm. You should leave the window down again and stand outside your car too see what happens.

atopper
04-12-2008, 10:14 PM
when i got the car the hazard lights button didnt work. i took it to a shop and they hooked it up. the thing is when i hit the button, the turn signals on the bumper light up. when i open the door it automatically turns on and the turn signals on my headlight turn on not the ones on the bumper. i think they messed the wiring up and hooked up a diffrent set of blinkers. either way the ones on the head lights turn on and blink for about 2 or so mins and then shut off. and my windows i cant think of anything. it hasnt rolled up again so i have no idea. also i have no current alarm but i know there was one in their before because of the horn piece inside my engine bay.i think tommrow im going to visit a alarm shop and ask them to fix the problem.

Signum Temporis
04-12-2008, 10:24 PM
when i got the car the hazard lights button didnt work. i took it to a shop and they hooked it up. the thing is when i hit the button, the turn signals on the bumper light up. when i open the door it automatically turns on and the turn signals on my headlight turn on not the ones on the bumper. i think they messed the wiring up and hooked up a diffrent set of blinkers. either way the ones on the head lights turn on and blink for about 2 or so mins and then shut off. and my windows i cant think of anything. it hasnt rolled up again so i have no idea. also i have no current alarm but i know there was one in their before because of the horn piece inside my engine bay.i think tommrow im going to visit a alarm shop and ask them to fix the problem.

i think just as long as ur windows arent rolling down ur fine... but the triangle lights thing... they might wired the switch to some other wire like the door ajar sensor wires... where are the quality mechanics... trace the wires and see where they go i guess

projectRDM
04-13-2008, 02:35 PM

There are no turn signals anywhere near the headlight. That would be your first indication that someone wired them incorrectly. The turn signal is in the bumper, nowhere else. All the other lights on the front of the car are parking lights only, single filament.