PDA

View Full Version : Wiring on SR20det to dash

kungfujerry
04-11-2008, 08:18 PM
On my s13 chassis, there are 2 sets of wires that come out by the passenger side kick panel. One has a white plug attatched to it, and the other doesn't have a plug near it, but the latter has the wires colors I need for my dash. I tried to hook up the wires to my SR harness, but the dash fails to work. Does anyone have 2 sets of wires coming down by the kick panel on the passenger's side?

projekt_s13
04-11-2008, 08:24 PM
http://www.frsport.com/sr20det-swap-engine-harness-wiring-guide-sr20-p-665.html

/thread

tjwooten84
04-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Harness Guide
1 Locate the three plugs on the end of the KA and SR harnesses (they run behind the stock battery location).
2 DO NOT SNAP THEM TOGETHER. The wiring will be screwed up and nothing will work if you do.

Cut two of the plugs off, and use the following table to guide the interface. Cut the two main KA plugs and splice them onto the SR harness.

Hook this…………………….To this.

SR Harness Wire Color
KAHarness Wire Color
What for?
Black / Red & Blue / Red (all three)
Black / Red stripe
Main Ignition Power
Red / Black stripe
Red / Black stripe
ECU Relay
Black / White stripe
Black / White stripe
ECU Power
Red
Red
ECU Power (Back-up)
Brown (to O2 sensor
Ignition switched source
O2 Sensor Power
Black / Pink stripe
Black / Pink stripe
Fuel Pump Relay
Green / Orange stripe
Green / Orange stripe
Transmission Neutral Sensor
Green / Yellow stripe
Green / Yellow stripe
AC Relay
Blue / Green stripe
Blue / Green stripe
AC Relay
Black / Yellow stripe
Black / Yellow stripe
Idle Air Control Valve Power
The MAFS and Power Steering sensor wires must be extended, using the KA wires, to reach over to the front driver's side of the engine compartment.

Extra wires on the KA harness that are not used should be pulled from the harness after
everything else is hooked up. It is not safe to leave unused wires in the harness! Make sure you SOLDER ALL CONNECTIONS and USE SHRINK WRAP; do not skimp here with crimp on connectors or electrical tape. Use zip ties where ever needed when securing the harness, do not tape the harness up with electrical tape! Plastic harness wrap or large shrink wrap is the best way to secure the harness together. Take your time and do things right when interfacing the two harnesses. This will save you time and headaches down the road!

ECU and Dash Wiring
1 The wire colors on the wires that run from the ECU into the dash match up perfectly on the SR ECU harness and the KA dash harness
Wire Color Use
Yellow / Red stripe
Tachometer signal
Yellow
Green stripe Speedometer signal
Orange
Ignition start
Black
Ground
Blue / Green stripe
AC signal
Blue / Black stripe