PDA

View Full Version : 91 air intakes

NismoS13Chuki
04-10-2008, 08:51 AM
ok so ive had this idea. you know when you install and aftermarket intake how you are left with a big empty space of basically low pressure. well i was thinking if you put piping down through the hole where the air box was at and then up and behind the left fog light with a rectangular horn would it gain any performance. In theory it should direct the air flow eaiser and right into the air filter. in addition though i was thinking that a heat shield with weather stripping to completely seal off the air when the hood is closed. Does anybody think this will work.

T00ch
04-10-2008, 09:40 AM
if you do make piping straight to like where there would be the fog light or w/e
make sure you invest in a bypass valve just incase. cuz if u suck up water it would be no fun lol

NismoS13Chuki
04-10-2008, 01:12 PM
ok but i dont think ima do tis mod cuz it sounds like too much work

S13_marine
05-25-2008, 06:38 AM
then why would you ask?

projectRDM
05-25-2008, 10:22 AM
ok so ive had this idea. you know when you install and aftermarket intake how you are left with a big empty space of basically low pressure. well i was thinking if you put piping down through the hole where the air box was at and then up and behind the left fog light with a rectangular horn would it gain any performance. In theory it should direct the air flow eaiser and right into the air filter. in addition though i was thinking that a heat shield with weather stripping to completely seal off the air when the hood is closed. Does anybody think this will work.

Welcome to Earth. Injen has been selling a cold air extension for years, just a long pipe that puts the filter outside the engine bay, same theory. Heat shields are nothing new either, you act like you just woke up from a 60 yr nap.

gerson408
05-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Welcome to Earth. Injen has been selling a cold air extension for years, just a long pipe that puts the filter outside the engine bay, same theory. Heat shields are nothing new either, you act like you just woke up from a 60 yr nap.

i just woke up from a 60yr nap

trace01m
05-30-2008, 09:31 PM
What if you kept the regular intake set up and made a sort of ram air that forces cooler air from under the bumper thoward the filter, but isn't actually connected. Cool fresh air without water worries. In theory, of course