PDA

View Full Version : 90.5mm Piston, 91mm HG?

KA240SX808
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm looking into doing an all out N/A build and I'm planning this thing out as best as I can before anything starts happening, which probably won't be till the end of summer. Well, I was thinking of running the Wiseco 90.5mm 10.5:1 C/R Pistons, but the Cometic HG only comes in 89, 90, and 91mm. I was thinking of running the 91mm HG but I was wondering if there would be any negative effects? I dont want to be blowing a HG on my first build so... Any other options you would suggest? I was thinking of asking them to make a custom 90.5mm gasket but if I can run the 91mm Then that would be fine. Also since the stock head has a quench zone made for a 89mm bore piston, would it be too big for the 90.5mm bore? Would I need to have an shop bore it out to have that perfect quench zone? Also back to the HG, are there any other companies that make Aftermarket Overbore KA HG's? sorry for asking so many questions but thats what a forums for right? Thanks for your help in advanced. http://www.club240.com/forums/images/smilies/largeokay.gif

KA-T_240
04-10-2008, 12:12 AM
cometic is about it.

louisdaboois
04-10-2008, 11:08 AM
wow, thats a hella over bore. but yeah theres not much for us ka guys... cometic is all there is.