PDA

View Full Version : Input on Ebay Bride GIAS Seats

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 07:05 PM
First of all, I personally believe that these seats can not be compared to the original Bride seats that are manufactured in Japan.

However, for sake of argument/discussion, I would like see what your guys' thoughts on this are.

If you have any experience with it, first hand or second hand info, please go ahead and state it.

What prompt me to create this thread, was due to this other one, that was posted on a BMW forum:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=973902

BoostedCoupe
04-07-2008, 07:07 PM
They look decent. But i sure they will fade quick and bring soon. They are like all the other ebay brides they are decent for the price but nothing compared to the real ones. for 700 you could buy a real bride.

Jtuned_andy
04-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I try not to buy knockoffs if I can help it. Support the industry and buy the real thing so they can continue to provide us with quality products where we don't have to question craftsmanship.

WISH ONE
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
have some black bride brix knockoffs for 400 if you want them... clean lol.. actually not mine but a friends. they sit kinda high on the bride brackets that he has for them, really comfy but your head is inches away from the roof of the car depending on how tall you are.

YoungGun
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Wait how are they fake? on the provided link he states that the only difference is the shell is frp and not carbon or kevlar

johngriff
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok, this is just dumb. Knock off safety equipment is by FAR THE DUMBEST THING I'VE HEARD OF.

Ok, you get brides because you are into the "show" scene. Fine, if you get knockoff's everyone will know, then your show car isn't fly.

You get knock off brides to race on? First of all, if I was tech inspecting your car, I WOULD NOT LET YOU ON THE TRACK. Certified Seats only, or GTFO. Any organization that will let you on the track w/o certified seats is a joke.

So, if you are going to get racing seats, get current certified seats, otherwise they are worthless, additionally they are not worth the savings to justify the injury that might be caused. There are lots of certified seats for far less than brides that will be just as safe/perform the same function. Don't let your desire to be jdm get in the way of bodily harm.

YoungGun
04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Oh just read that whole thread on the bimmer forums. Good points johngriff.

babowc
04-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Knock off as shit.
Same seats being sold on my local forums..

It screams knock off.

benjim
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
It's funny how on that forum they are trying to justify that it's not fake based on the fact some other company has trade markers the name in another country..

Ack..i guess if the fact that they have the same name legally makes it reall then it must be just as good..

fucking idiots

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
It's funny how on that forum they are trying to justify that it's not fake based on the fact some other company has trade markers the name in another country..

Ack..i guess if the fact that they have the same name legally makes it reall then it must be just as good..

fucking idiots

My screen name over there is Don Nguyen, for reference.

I really believe that the original poster of that thread is just trying to sell more seats, to either try and get a deeper discount for himself or even make some money out of it.

However, even certain authentic race/fixed back seats are not FIA certified, but can be legally ran on a track by attaching a back brace to the seat.

johngriff
04-07-2008, 08:15 PM
However if you don't want to get hassled at the track, you should probably just run an FIA seat. Seats that are not FIA are reclinables (for fanboys) and knockoff's (for fanboys) and OLD OLD Seats.

FIA expires, that way the material/structure is always new and in good shape. Old used seats are not safe either. DON'T CHEAP OUT ON SAFETY GEAR. As Method Man said; "Best protect ya Neck!"

rps13drift
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM
MOMO start! cheap/comfy/and FIA track legal

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Sparco makes a lot of "street race" seats that aren't FIA approved, and are fixed back, IIRC:

http://sparcousa.com/seats_street.asp

BoostedCoupe
04-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Wait how are they fake? on the provided link he states that the only difference is the shell is frp and not carbon or kevlar
correct me if im wrong but i think bride makes these seats in frp, and kevelar. You can tell they are fake go look on a trusted site for these seats. the price is 1,500+ but yet they are on ebay for 700 shipped. How does that not scream fake?

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
There is no doubt they are fake, the original poster in that thread even mention that they were Taiwan "Bride", after I questioned him about it.

Nice of him to finally admit to it afterwards, instead of in the original post.

BTW, if anyone has anything they want me to post over there, let me know.

luftrofl
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
First of all, I personally believe that these seats can not be compared to the original Bride seats that are manufactured in Japan.

However, for sake of argument/discussion, I would like see what your guys' thoughts on this are.

If you have any experience with it, first hand or second hand info, please go ahead and state it.

What prompt me to create this thread, was due to this other one, that was posted on a BMW forum:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=973902

I suspect that the general consensus amongst people who enjoy staying alive will be that buying knockoffs like that is a bonehead move

S14DB
04-07-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm sure someone would love to hear about his GB...

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 08:44 PM
[quote=S14DB;1951531]I'm sure someone would love to hear about his GB...

I sent an e-mail to them, to see what they have to say/do.

khilgers
04-07-2008, 08:51 PM
I agree with John. I would not trust my own personal safety for a seat that looks simialr to the original. Bride seats are expensive because they are approved seats that are built to perform. I could have gotten a tenzo R seat, but I saved the extra $ so that I could get my sparco pro 2000. Don't skimp when your life depends on it.

yokotas13
04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Ok
basically the true story here (i talked to a bride JP rep the other day)

the seats are now being outsourced by Tees-USA in China. Tees-USA was the company making and marketing the seats for BRIDE JAPAN. BRIDE JAPAN never trademarked their name, so after a falling out, Tees-USA trademarked BRIDE and moved the factory and production to CHINA, to LOWER costs and MASS PRODUCE.

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Ok

the seats are now being outsourced by Tees-USA in China. Tees-USA was the company making and marketing the seats for BRIDE JAPAN. BRIDE JAPAN never trademarked their name, so after a falling out, Tees-USA trademarked BRIDE and moved the factory and production to CHINA, to LOWER costs and MASS PRODUCE.

This is partially what I wanted to hear as well, someone who may have better/more experience in that particular industry.

My assumptions are only as good as anyone else.

I've seen a lot of companies/manufacturers outsource their products to other countries, only to have it "finished" in Japan, and then branded as Made in Japan, etc.

It's not the first time I have seen a manufacturer go rogue, and try to cut out the middle man, and take the sales themselves or into their own hands.

So is that correct, yokotas? These were always made in China, and outsourced by Japan Bride?

johngriff
04-07-2008, 09:12 PM
Ok

Wait whaaaa?

I now laugh at all brides stateside.

Hell, buy a vis seat and save yourself $500.

yokotas13
04-07-2008, 09:14 PM
no, they were made in japan i belive up until now
TEES-usa has moved production to a china plant, and making htem super cheap now.

this is straight from a guy at bride, i did copy and paste the wording from another guy on a local forum, becuase he worded it better than me, but the bride rep said the same thing.

BLOX did the same thing to Skunk Racing back a few years ago

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
So what is the final word on the quality of these then.

So anyone buying any Bride seat from this point on is going to be buying it from one source, and that is from the Chinese manufacturers?

Just looking and comparing it in pictures, the gradient fitment and color looks off between the two seats.

http://i32.tinypic.com/o559pc.jpg

yokotas13
04-07-2008, 09:22 PM
another guy i deal with sometimes in GA, he has both sitting in his office

says they are both identical
measured the bride sitchting, placement, etc etc etc
says all the materials are the same, braces, metal thickness etc etc are the same

i mean damn
im just glad i have a brix lol

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I tried hitting you up on AIM, but I guess I will post here as well.

When you say you are glad to have a Brix, does that mean this is only affecting the Gias or something?

So aside from the fact that they are visually identical, did he have any comments on its over all build quality and testament of usage over time?

johngriff
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
e30 you sound pretty desperate to ball on a budget.

Just buy a REAL racing seat.

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 09:40 PM
e30 you sound pretty desperate to ball on a budget.

Just buy a REAL racing seat.

I am not trying to ball or ball on a budget at all. If you really believe that, then you are judging me incorrectly.

However, I do like knowing the exact details, or as close to the exact details as I can get, regardless of what it may be.

johngriff
04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Well. Sounds like the new brides are made in china.

yokota/grant can hook you up with real ones though!

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, if all of the new Brides are made in China, won't that make them the "real" ones now?

Unless you are trying to refer to the older Brides, before production was moved to China?

If that is the case, I think it would be hard to determine that now, considering how similar he said the two are.

johngriff
04-07-2008, 09:55 PM
No, brides from bride japan, not from tee's usa, grant is in japan, he has the hook up.

No it does not make them the "real-ones" now, they are knock offs distributed by a third party.

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 09:57 PM
So is there a specific US distributor for real Bride seats from Japan? Or is there a open/free reign/market on selling Japan Brides in North America?

I thought Tee's USA was a distributor for real Bride seats, since someone mentioned e-mailing them regarding the GB on the BMW forum.

johngriff
04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Re-read Grants post, this is what he said.

Sounds like Tee's WAS the U.S.'s bride japan distributor.

They have dropped Bride Japan, and are making their own nock-off and selling it here.

The problem is, everyone wants brides, just without real bride prices.

yokotas13
04-07-2008, 10:18 PM
what it sounded like, is they will all be distributed from TEEs-usa

but i could have misunderstood, my nihongo still sucks ass, and we both only know a little of engrish

put it this way
i will NOT be buying new brides any time soon

used all the way

e30cabrio
04-07-2008, 10:21 PM
I am over it. Who knows what's going on anymore.

I'll watch those guys buy it and see what they do with it.

e30cabrio
04-08-2008, 01:14 PM
For anyone interested, here is the e-mail reply I got back from them, after contacting them about that thread on the BMW forums:

Hello Don,

Thank you so much for your information.
I have reviewed all the comments on the thread posted by Rated///M, Kasey.

The GIAS posted on the thread is a counterfeit product. The genuine BRIDE GIAS FRP type, which is the GIAS Sport, has a FRP shell of sparkling silver. Not black FRP shell. This Sport type not only uses the sparkling silver FRP shell but there is no application for the gradation inserts. Sport type is black only.
I personally have seen one of the fake GIAS with the Kevlar shell. The quality was really low. The seat back rest was not stable at all making noises. The fabric they used to wrap the actual seat is different. No NAPAC certified sticker was seen, no serial number, etc.

There has been many counterfeit of the ERGO II in the market. Which Canada manufactures using our trademark and registering them before us. That is why they have a statement of “Genuine BRIDE made in Canada”. They even state “Don’t even ask if it is made in the US or Japan”. One of the Auto Cross competitor had the seat in his car during his actual run. With the low quality of the product, its back rest snapped off leading him to an accident. I’ve heard about this more then once.

About the BRIDE name in Taiwan, I cannot reveal any information at this time. Just between me and you, there has been a court case with our trade mark. I am not sure if the case have closed or not so I cannot give out any information. I apologize for our inconvenience.

If you are willing to see the genuine BRIDE GIAS, please feel free to visit our warehouse in Torrance.

Thank you so much for your support Don. Please feel free to contact me with questions.

suaknee
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
I try not to buy knockoffs if I can help it. Support the industry and buy the real thing so they can continue to provide us with quality products where we don't have to question craftsmanship.

amen

mslength

yokotas13
04-08-2008, 03:29 PM
About the BRIDE name in Taiwan, I cannot reveal any information at this time. Just between me and you, there has been a court case with our trade mark. I am not sure if the case have closed or not so I cannot give out any information. I apologize for our inconvenience.

i love being at the source lol

Bobafreak
04-09-2008, 05:15 PM
This hurts my head even buying used you never know where they are from. Bride makes nice seats of course i think ill stick to recaro though. this is too much.

Om1kron
04-09-2008, 05:36 PM
This hurts my head even buying used you never know where they are from. Bride makes nice seats of course i think ill stick to recaro though. this is too much.

Bride seats were more of a status thing rather than people buying them for functionality. Everyone wants to be different, but then the followers want to be different for half of the cost as well.

Great prices for knock off seats if you want "the look" but just like a chick carrying a fake purse, some other person with an "eye" for quality equipment will just expose the poseur.

jackal264
04-09-2008, 05:48 PM
so to sum up then?

bride from tees = fake
bride from taiwan = fake
bride from canada = fake
bride from japan = real

GKTECH
04-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Brides are made in Japan and these are simply knock off's of the real brides. That's all there is to it!

Bride Japan is not outsourcing to Taiwan. Anyone that is telling you that is probably trying to switch you over as the profit margins are much better when manufacturing seats in Taiwan Vs Japan. I can get a seat from Taiwan for under $100USD. If they took it to China I'd be looking at around the $50USD mark.

I have personally purchased some Bride seats direct from the Taiwanese factory and the quality was good from far. Up close they do not compare to my real brides.

Do not kid yourself people. Your friends will soon realize that you've got fake brides and you'll get laughed at for being a poser!

Mi Beardo es Loco
04-09-2008, 06:04 PM
so what makes racing shops sell Bride seats from Canada or Taiwan and market them as genuine and sell them at Bride from Japan prices? Bride has a real mess on their hands especially when it comes to street cred and quality of fake products that market under their name.

Plex
08-23-2008, 07:29 AM
So where is a 'safe' place to buy a real, made in Japan Bride Gias? Doesn't sound like TEE'S USA is selling them (Japanese ones) anymore

Ninjabread
08-23-2008, 08:46 AM
So this is all a perfect reason to buy recaro's.

/endthread.

spngr311
08-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Just saw this on the Tees site:

WARNING!
MAXIMUM WEIGHT LIMIT:
220 lbs / 100 kgs
Tee's Corporation is not responsible for damage or injuries incurred due to misuse of the seat or person(s) and/or if the load in the seat exceeds 100 kgs or 220 lbs.

Is that standard?

Ninjabread
08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Doesn't matter, if you are over 175 lbs chances are you wont fit in any of the seats (unless they are of the L variation)

bboyswoosh87
08-23-2008, 09:47 AM
So, what website sells the real bride seats.

racer98
08-23-2008, 11:50 AM

+1,000,000 :bigok:

racer98
08-23-2008, 11:51 AM

/endthread.

Not mention they are TUV approved.......................

racer98
08-23-2008, 11:52 AM
there is a link up on nsx prime about someone selling those sort of seats and they got cought in a crap storm.

jdmstatuS13
08-23-2008, 12:18 PM

i agree exactly with what he said...why do you think companies like work/volk/veilside dont put many things into production anymore...they are tired of everyone ripping off their parts and making money off the design they researched and developed.

stop being poor asses and save up for the real thing !!!:fawkd:

Silverbullet
08-23-2008, 01:40 PM

/endthread.

just watch out for Recardos.

!Zar!
08-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Buying cheapie stuff is one thing.

Buying a complete knockoff and trying to call it the same thing is ghetto as fuck.

I don't believe in stealing the time and design effort that real BRIDE employees worked so hard on.

Supporting knockoff companies makes you and everything you stand for look bad.

brokeAs240sx
10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
So where is a 'safe' place to buy a real, made in Japan Bride Gias? Doesn't sound like TEE'S USA is selling them (Japanese ones) anymore

Well, TEE'S USA is saying they still only carry Bride from Japan, take it as you will - I personally give this more credibility than "I heard/read from so & so." I was curious about this as well & recently see lots of Brides being marketed & listed as "from Taiwan." Email sent late last night, response received earlier today.

Hi,
Recently, I've seen Bride seats for sale that are listed as from Taiwan . Do you & your dealers get Bride from Japan or Taiwan ?

Thanks!
Quoc

Hello Quoc,

BRIDE Japan and the USA office has nothing to do with Taiwan .

Those products are complete counterfeit.

All the genuine BRIDE seats are manufactured in Japan only with our pride in it.

Thank you.

With Best Regards,

Shino J Fujisawa

racer98
10-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, TEE'S USA is saying they still only carry Bride from Japan, take it as you will - I personally give this more credibility than "I heard/read from so & so." I was curious about this as well & recently see lots of Brides being marketed & listed as "from Taiwan." Email sent late last night, response received earlier today.

There is so much dammage from this counterfit birdes I doubt bride is selling any thing in the usa.

nieko
10-01-2008, 06:26 PM
i <3 my bride zeta 2, maybe im just a hipicrit but im 5'10 145 pounds and this seat squeazes the shit out of me and id prefer it over any other.