PDA

View Full Version : just getting started

zidek
04-05-2008, 01:54 PM
hi everybody. i just got my roller and purchasing the sr20det at the end of this month. i'm trying to get a decent plan set out so things can run as smoothly as possible since i won't be there when the swap is done. my aim is to get a couple litte upgrades done while the engine is out and to have it running smoothly before anything gets too crazy. i have a parts list and i'm looking for som guidance as to what i would or wouldn't need initially for the swap. I won't buy anything till I have the engine hehe. mods at install will be so far: timing belt, water pump, walbro 255 fuel pump, an ebay fmic kit w/ piping, battery relocation kit, boost gauge, z32 maf and some kind of 3in straight pipe and exhaust. opinions? thanks in advace guys.

KiLLeR2001
04-05-2008, 03:41 PM
SR's have timing chains not belts ;) You definitely need a Greddy Oil Pan and a Z32 Fuel Filter. If you switch to the Z32 MAF you'll need to tune your ECU for it, I'd stick with the stock SR MAF until you get things rolling.

corriganjoshua
04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
New Spark Plugs,and maybe a clutch...maybe some more research

stupid nissan
04-07-2008, 10:29 AM
i am doing a sr swap as well am there are a few pieces i dicided to replace while the motor is out like the turbo manifold and elbow and the fly wheel as well. i am also going to pull out the oil pressure sender and put in a gauge. hope that helps