PDA

View Full Version : boost without anything connected to the wg?

sr20 driver
04-03-2008, 09:25 PM
hey fellas was crackin-lackin anyways hears my question how much psi am i boosting on a stock sr when i have nothing hooked up to my waste gate with a front mount? and i have a stock fuel pump so if the boost is more than stock what can happend?

fliprayzin240sx
04-03-2008, 09:28 PM
You go buy a new engine...how about that?

Not running a line to the wastegate so it doesnt open at 7 psi like its supposed to, thats a great idea. God knows when it opens, another great idea. Not adding any fuel to the unknown amount of air going into the engine, and all this on stock 240sx fuel pump...absolutely classic...

sr20 driver
04-03-2008, 10:33 PM
well can someone who knows the answer pls answer not someone who knows that god knows answer the question cuz a dumbass knows that god knows what can happend

duffman1278
04-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Umm I'm no english major but I believe what he said in all that was DO NOT USE THE WASTEGATE WITHOUT A VACUUM SOURCE!

nicku
04-03-2008, 11:47 PM
its an very easy answer.
If nothing hooks up to your wastegate, that means your wastegate is always close. And you will keep boosting up with no limit until your engine gets fucked up. And then you will be looking at new engine or some parts of the engine. and then you will go check my for sale thread and buy my parts.

aa87
04-04-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah.

My boost gauge said "New engine" PSI!111! tyte.

TURBOMAN
04-04-2008, 12:19 AM
hey fellas was crackin-lackin anyways hears my question how much psi am i boosting on a stock sr when i have nothing hooked up to my waste gate with a front mount? and i have a stock fuel pump so if the boost is more than stock what can happend?

Please do your research before posting a stupid question like this one. how hard is to T fit a 3' vacuum line to the wasted gate. Where do you get your information man you need to star looking for another source.

fliprayzin240sx
04-04-2008, 03:00 AM
well can someone who knows the answer pls answer not someone who knows that god knows answer the question cuz a dumbass knows that god knows what can happend

Its your car, not mine, you dont have a boost gauge...SO WHO THE FUCK KNOWS HOW MUCH YOUR BOOSTING??? All i know is its the fastest way to blow a turbo and an engine. For your sake, i hope you just blow a turbo. Anything after 14 PSI, your turbo is pass effieciency and is throwing hot air into your engine. Now since your engine isnt tuned for anything more than 7 PSI, its running lean. Throw the "god knows" how much boost your running since your stupid enough to pull this stunt...hopefully your not still driving it because your definitely melting some pistons.

That simple enough?

sr20 driver
04-04-2008, 02:43 PM
yea thats a little better thanx. anyways what happend is the motor started smokin hella bad and know i got no compression in one cylinder and some kind of knock

GSXRJJordan
04-04-2008, 03:00 PM
No compression in cylinder 3, most likely, because of a blown ring land, most likely. I tested my T25 back in the day with no wastegate vacuum (accidentally, forgot to hook it back up once), and at about 1/3 throttle and 4k rpm, boost was around 20psi. That's when I shut it down and figured out what the problem is. I can't imagine what that did to your turbo if you floored it.

It's for sure that you need an engine rebuild though. Probably a new turbo as well.

Sileighty_85
04-04-2008, 04:08 PM
so if the boost is more than stock what can happend?

you answered your own question

the motor started smokin hella bad and know i got no compression in one cylinder and some kind of knock

Sounds Like a spun rod bearing and what GSXRJJordan said
Why would you run no Vac. line to the W/G

Im sorry dude but your a perfect example on why noobs dont need to drive turbo'd cars.
Although the machine shops and parts dealers love you

KiLLeR2001
04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
My wastegate crapped out on me and right now I have it unplugged. I'm basically staying out of boost completely until I get a new wastegate. I would suggest the same to anyone who chooses to run without it connected.

Sileighty_85
04-04-2008, 05:52 PM
My wastegate crapped out on me and right now I have it unplugged. I'm basically staying out of boost completely until I get a new wastegate. I would suggest the same to anyone who chooses to run without it connected.

I would probably unhook the the Waste Gate from the flapper valve
sure you'll have almost no boost but its safer than tryin not to hit boost

JVD
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Your foot is your boost controller at the moment. Be sure to get into 5th gear and do a long highway pull... foot to the floor for best results.

Good luck!

EDIT: Oh, seems I was too late. Your motor is already blown.

sr20 driver
04-05-2008, 12:06 PM
No compression in cylinder 3, most likely, because of a blown ring land, most likely. I tested my T25 back in the day with no wastegate vacuum (accidentally, forgot to hook it back up once), and at about 1/3 throttle and 4k rpm, boost was around 20psi. That's when I shut it down and figured out what the problem is. I can't imagine what that did to your turbo if you floored it.

It's for sure that you need an engine rebuild though. Probably a new turbo as well.

T25 boosting 20lbs never heard of that. but anyways do you think its the same cyllinder thats has no comprerssion is making the knocking?

sr20 driver
04-05-2008, 12:09 PM
you answered your own question

Sounds Like a spun rod bearing and what GSXRJJordan said
Why would you run no Vac. line to the W/G

Im sorry dude but your a perfect example on why noobs dont need to drive turbo'd cars.
Although the machine shops and parts dealers love you

n**** you started some day to so shut up we all make mistakes

GSXRJJordan
04-05-2008, 12:35 PM
It doesn't matter where the knocking comes from. Knocking means you've probably got a spun bearing, and low/no compression usually means a blown/burned piston. You have to take that motor apart and rebuild it.

S14DB
04-05-2008, 12:48 PM

We don't use those terms around here. Pink for 2 wks.

wvustud2003
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
simply wow....... hey guys if i take a spark plug out of my motor just so it sounds like a wrx will i hurt my motor?

****yes this is sarcasm*****

GSXRJJordan
04-05-2008, 01:57 PM
^^^ sadly enough, you fail at sarcasm too. Taking out a spark plug will get fuel (and possibly some oil) all over your valve cover, but doesn't hurt anything.

AJ please end this thread... pleaaaase.

wvustud2003
04-05-2008, 02:04 PM
^^^ sadly enough, you fail at sarcasm too. Taking out a spark plug will get fuel (and possibly some oil) all over your valve cover, but doesn't hurt anything.

AJ please end this thread... pleaaaase.

actuallywhen spark plug number 3 didn't work it did sound like an ej20. and also no spark plug would also mean raw fuel being injected into the cylinder and last i checked raw fuel doesn't act as a very good lubricant

S14DB
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
actuallywhen spark plug number 3 didn't work it did sound like an ej20. and also no spark plug would also mean raw fuel being injected into the cylinder and last i checked raw fuel doesn't act as a very good lubricant
What kind of fuel is normally injected then?

wvustud2003
04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
What kind of fuel is normally injected then?

as in no spark to ignite it. so you'd be spraying raw fuel into a cylinder with nothing to spark it. over time i can't imagine that being very good

fliprayzin240sx
04-05-2008, 06:39 PM
^^^ I'll paypal you $1 if you drive around all day with one of your coilpack unplugged.

Sileighty_85
04-08-2008, 01:28 PM

Yes i did start one day, but Im still on my first SR I didnt just do the minimum and half ass everything.

I did my research I sourced all the common SR problems and replaced/upgraded them, Im talkin FSM's and Zilvia I searched this Site for 6 months while I built my engine in my living room and learned from everyone elses mistakes. I ran every line and plugged everything in the way it should go, If I had a question on somthin I looked it up.

I didnt crank my engine until I was sure I had everything the way it should go, which was done on the first day and DD on day 2.

But then again I was able to personally pull and bring my SR back with me from Okinawa, So I was able to take pics of where everything went to and marked everything's location.

All im saying is you didnt do your research.

Sileighty_85
04-08-2008, 01:31 PM
as in no spark to ignite it. so you'd be spraying raw fuel into a cylinder with nothing to spark it. over time i can't imagine that being very good

No its not good, Its call Cylinder Wash, fuel washes oil off the cylinder walls and causes the rings to scrape the Cylinder Walls with out lubrication which kills the piston rings = Loss of Compression

bardabe
04-11-2008, 05:31 PM
No its not good, Its call Cylinder Wash, fuel washes oil off the cylinder walls and causes the rings to scrape the Cylinder Walls with out lubrication which kills the piston rings = Loss of Compression

and then it dilutes the oil in the oil pan, and over time complete loss of lubrication and you spin a bearing... or two.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/FairladyZ32/bearing002.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/FairladyZ32/bearing001.jpg

GSXRJJordan
04-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Lol good point on the cylinder wash.

On a more "my IQ is over 80" point, who doesn't know what a motor sounds/feels like on 3 cylinders? Who would actually drive said motor on 3 cylinders to the point where it spun a bearing? Not saying that Bardabe's not the man when it comes to motors and all, but that's a pretty far-off reason to need a rebuild.

Signum Temporis
04-12-2008, 11:33 PM
yea thats a little better thanx. anyways what happend is the motor started smokin hella bad and know i got no compression in one cylinder and some kind of knock

way to go :loco: ship ur engine to me and ill rebuild it for you for free if you send me all the new parts and pay for shipping both ways :D