PDA

View Full Version : s14 wiper question, ....i already searched

daveh93s13
04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
my 96 s14 se came with the wipers unwired, i used the search and found out how to wire it up. now that its wired, the washer function works but the wipers stay on, and when the wipers are turned on, to any position other than off, they only move at one speed and will not shut off unless the key is turned to off. i rechecked the wiring and all is correct. grounds are in place too. would it be safe to say it is the wiper amplifier that is bad? (oh yeh i have the correct wiper box, the brown one not black)
thanks

Om1kron
04-04-2008, 03:36 PM
my 96 s14 se came with the wipers unwired, i used the search and found out how to wire it up. now that its wired, the washer function works but the wipers stay on, and when the wipers are turned on, to any position other than off, they only move at one speed and will not shut off unless the key is turned to off. i rechecked the wiring and all is correct. grounds are in place too. would it be safe to say it is the wiper amplifier that is bad? (oh yeh i have the correct wiper box, the brown one not black)
thanks

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you man, I just picked up an s14 and the wipers don't work at all. I've looked at the fuse box and see that the fuse is in the right place but I have yet to start going through testing the amp signal and such.

The Nissan service manuals provide some info on how to adjust the intervals of the wiping and such, if you don't already have the service manual p.m. me and I will send you a link to my ftp with the service manual on it.

GSXRJJordan
04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Sounds like your wiper amp is shot, or not wired correctly. Just like the blower motor, if it only has one speed (off or on) its the amp.