PDA

View Full Version : 3 piece wheel disassembly/assembly tips? Pic inside!

Fred Allen Burge
03-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Hey,
Got a set of Hasemi ProtGT 3 piece wheels from Panda Garage this week. I'd like to take them apart to repaint the face. I searched on here for some idea of what I'm getting into but didn't find much

Anyone have any tips on what I'm getting into? I basically need to know if there are any things I should look out when doing this. What torque should I retighten to, what type of sealer should I put between the pieces, ets.

Here's a pic of them for fun:
http://www.engineswaptech.com/photos/freds_s13_gallery/images/3986/original.aspx

Thanks,
Fred

khilgers
03-26-2008, 09:07 PM
I just re-painted my 2 piece SSR's. Take out all the bolts, keep them someplace safe, take a dead blow hammer and pound out the center section. There should be some type of silicone sealer between the 2 barrels. Seperate the 2 barrel sections, and I made sure to mark each wheel and each barrel so I made sure that they went back exactly the way they came apart. Once you have the centers painted/powdercoated clean off all of the silicone that is still left over on the barrels. Re-apply a bead of silicone to the 2 barrels, place the center section in, get (4) longer bolts to put through just to make sure the center stays aligned, and gently start pounding the center section in, until it is seated all the way. Put your bolts back in, loctite, and I torqued mine to 20 lbs. Tighten thinking of a clock, 12,6,1,7,2, etc.... Good luck.

Fred Allen Burge
03-27-2008, 11:38 AM
Excellent, thank you sir.

Fred