PDA

View Full Version : cold air intake

mjhockey155
03-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Im looking for cold air intakes for my 93 coupe. What are the intake diameters of the injen and aem and how do they compare to the cheap ones sold on ebay?

98s14inaz
03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
At the risk of sounding like a dick, they are all the same. Get the cheapest one you can find. Bolt it on. Enjoy your 5 whp.

I chose to leave the stock tube and airbox on mine. I removed the extra crap from the box and opened up the intake holes. Put in a k&n filter. Done and done.

los_inc
03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
i say your best bet is getting a maf adapter and a nice cone filter
those pipes always seem to not fit so well i had to cut an inch off mine to get it to fit with my mishimoto radiator
-los

wowitsaboy
03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
i have run all three of the intakes you speak of, IMHO the aem is the best, the injen is ok (so-so) ebay is "hit and miss" (i missed) they are all bout the same as far as "feeling" more power but, AEM has better fittment than injen and , my ebay intake "looked" like it fit when i opened the box, but installation took longer than i expected ( took about 12mins over the expected 3min install, damn no-name)
hope that helps

burnsauto
03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
unless you plumb it into the front bumper/out of the engine bay...its not a cold air intake.

sr20powerd
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
The filters on the eBay CAI have been known to separate, some times it's only been annoying and other time catastrophic.

HalveBlue
03-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Go with APEXi since they actually been proven to work better than almost any other air filter.

Well worth it in my opinion.

EDIT: Brainfart.

KA-T_240
03-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I am getting a pretty much free AEM intake(i think, lol, one of those brand names) for my beater. If I was going to buy one, I would just get the ebay intake and put a K&N filter on it. Would cost like $40.

sr20powerd
03-26-2008, 01:01 PM
Go with APEXi since they actually been proven to work better than almost any other air filter.

Well worth it in my opinion.

EDIT: Brainfart.

This intake has also been proven .............................

http://sstracing.com/shop/images/gt35r.JPG