PDA

View Full Version : Water in my intercooler- WTF??

2wycked
03-25-2008, 10:07 PM
I traded a guy a s13 w/a SR20. His old FMIC was pretty smashed so I bought a new one. When I took the old intercooler off water came out. Not a whole lot, but enough for me to wonder what the hell is up.
Could it be coming from the turbo?

louisdaboois
03-25-2008, 10:11 PM
it probably had holes where it was pretty smasked and driving the car caused the earth's condensation to weep its way through. unless youre talking about coolant, i doubt i came from the turbo.... plus the coolant passages on the turbo are kind of their own little thing, so it'll leak out into the engine bay instead of ic piping. I think you dont have anything to worry about man.

McRussellPants
03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
you idiot thats condensation, its on the outside.

so help me I'll hit you with my ring hand.

Skeeg
03-25-2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/customavatars/avatar13585_10.gif

Kouki
03-25-2008, 11:01 PM
Now to combine them:

you idiot thats condensation, its on the outside.

so help me I'll hit you with my ring hand.

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/customavatars/avatar13585_10.gif

And Done!

SR20d2fourT
03-25-2008, 11:07 PM
^^^^ lol.

What they said :}

louisdaboois
03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
ok ok ok.... im confused or slightly retarded.... is that towards me or the op?

Skeeg
03-25-2008, 11:13 PM
hmm... no idea, just had to put the pic there, was missing the pissaaazzz if you will.

2wycked
03-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah, well the car hasnt been driven really since I bought it, Ive been to busy fixing stuff. I dont know where the hell it could have came from.
Oh well

projekt_s13
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
OMG!!! there is water on my windows in the morning, could my house be leaking?

s13drob
03-26-2008, 01:54 PM

hahahahahaha... domino biatch!

2wycked
03-26-2008, 02:09 PM

Dude dont start talking shit. I really dont think its out of line to wonder why a cup of water is chillin in my intercooler when it came off.:mephfawk:

BoostinGST
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
OMG!!! there is water on my windows in the morning, could my house be leaking?hahahaha, its possible!@

ROUGE180
03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I love Zilvia. It's the only place where you can get answers to your questions and get punched in the neck at the same time. :keke:

2wycked
03-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Where are the answers? Sounds like somebody that doesnt know shit as usual.

ROUGE180
03-26-2008, 02:29 PM
Where are the answers? Sounds like somebody that doesnt know shit as usual.

Just poking at the situation. I see this kind of thing on alot of posts.It was a generalization. Not starting shit so don't start with me.

SR20d2fourT
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Scroll up and you will see condensation as your answer.

2wycked
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Just poking at the situation. I see this kind of thing on alot of posts.It was a generalization. Not starting shit so don't start with me.

Wasnt referring to u. Just the douche who started in with window stuff.

Ill take codensation as the answer so lets end this post b4 we start WW3

ROUGE180
03-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Wasnt referring to u. Just the douche who started in with window stuff.

Ill take codensation as the answer so lets end this post b4 we start WW3

All good.
msglngth

ak_slick
03-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Probably not since you are in Texas, and I really don't think it would significant anywhere even in the most humid of climates, but... when you compress air it has less ability to hold water in it (humidity), but when you heat it up it gains the ability to hold more water. So let's say your turbo compresses and heats up the air and thus it's ability to hold water stays the same. BUT when it enters the inter cooler, the air maintains relatively the same higher pressure but gets cooled down, this causes condensation and is actually basically the same theory your AC condenser works on.

I don't think that is the reason as I have NEVER heard or seen this happen, because you are never really boosting 100% of the time and even so your engine is okay to suck a little vapor through it without a problem but it is something else to jog your mind.

2wycked
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Probably not since you are in Texas, and I really don't think it would significant anywhere even in the most humid of climates, but... when you compress air it has less ability to hold water in it (humidity), but when you heat it up it gains the ability to hold more water. So let's say your turbo compresses and heats up the air and thus it's ability to hold water stays the same. BUT when it enters the inter cooler, the air maintains relatively the same higher pressure but gets cooled down, this causes condensation and is actually basically the same theory your AC condenser works on.

I don't think that is the reason as I have NEVER heard or seen this happen, because you are never really boosting 100% of the time and even so your engine is okay to suck a little vapor through it without a problem but it is something else to jog your mind.

Cool, somebody with some elightening thoughts. Yeah the worst part about it ithe car doesnt even get driven to create the "condensation". Its been parked in my garage for weeks. I let it idle for about 5 mins last weekend, that was it.

I guess Ill just weld in a petcock and drain it every night LOL

projekt_s13
03-26-2008, 08:22 PM
I sorry you took my post negatively, i didnt mean any harm.
Very quick to call people names....

But yea your answer is condensation.

undesiredshoe
03-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Just think of it as free water injection:squint:

Enjin
03-27-2008, 12:33 AM
hmmmm... the only thought that I have is that water somehow could have gotten into your bov and followed gravity right into your intercooler...

check your body for any sort of leakage potential

2wycked
03-27-2008, 09:05 AM
I sorry you took my post negatively, i didnt mean any harm.
Very quick to call people names....

But yea your answer is condensation.

Apoligy accepted. I am very defensive on online forums. A lot of people just like to make comments, when you just want some answers and it bugs the hell out of me!

We smokem peace pipe