PDA

View Full Version : Z32 Rear ebrake cable extensions ?????????

Harbe
03-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Who sells those ebrake cable extensions now days, im not having any luck

these:

thanks

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p260/positron32/IMG_1084.jpg

rican_nick
03-25-2008, 10:47 AM
i saw them on ebay months ago.. kinda fizzled since then

IIRC these were about 50 bucks or so on ebay.. with the price of regular z cables on top.. you could buy r33 cables from mynismo.

If your working on a s14

Harbe
03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
thanks, its on a s13 coupe.

clark
03-25-2008, 11:05 AM
are you talking about this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S13-240SX-E-BRAKE-EXTENSION-KIT-W-Z32-CALIPER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33568QQihZ012QQ itemZ220214457080QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

94_240sx
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
z32 2 seater or 2+2 cables.
2 seater cables work, but tight. 2+2 cables work really good.

shade
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
^Z32 2+2 cables work nicely like said before me.

AWDtoyota
03-25-2008, 01:21 PM
you guys using the z32 2+2 cables. How do they lock up for you? I have ran both 2+2 and standard z32 cables.

The 2+2 cables don't really lock unless I pull the handle all the way up. And it only locks at the top. How do they feel for you? Like the stock e-brake(before z brakes)? And how did you route the cables through the subframe?

brokeAs240sx
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I have the extensions, but not the 2 silver brackets. You can have for $20 shipped. Otherwise, just pay a lil more and get from that ebay link ^^^^.

wutangben
04-14-2008, 01:43 PM
i just got a set of these today. does anyone have any experience with them? i've got the 2 seater cables, and planning on using these...

koolcat
04-15-2008, 11:33 PM
well i just finished my swap today using the freaking extension just like the one listed above with the two silver bracket, it sucks i advice you not to use it i snapped it after i tight it a little and yank the ebrake handle pretty high

koolcat
04-15-2008, 11:34 PM
im trying to find another alternative myself any help, i dun even know what cable i got but wen i bought my kit the seller said it is from the r32 gts i think

wutangben
04-16-2008, 12:35 AM
well it sounds like maybe you didn't have it adjusted right.. the extensions seem to be perfect to me, it's the brackets that didn't work. the brackets that the extensions came with would not work w/ the 2 seater z32 cables that i'm working with, so we fabbed up some strong/small L brackets instead. haven't finished the install yet, so i'll follow up when i'm done.

SlidewayzDotNet
04-16-2008, 12:41 AM
the 2 seater cables will hook right up with nothing added. Just run it thru the subframe how it is stock and itll go right in

koolcat
04-16-2008, 08:29 AM
wel wutangben, did you mount the dark metal piece on the extension any where cause i didnt. I just hook it to the t-bar then tighten it and just yank the ebrake and it broke.

94_240sx
04-16-2008, 08:35 AM
That picture of extensions is from positronone, and he ended up not using them. He used 2 seater cables inseatd. 2+2 cables are better because their brackets are in better design than 2 seaters for s13. I saw one good write up in freshalloy about 2+2 cables.

RPS1392
04-16-2008, 08:45 AM
I used those adapters from Ebay. IMO the're junk. Third time I set the ebrake (in the shop, not even driving the car) one of the ends on the right cable extension came off.
just buy a set of 2+2 cables and be done with it.

Broken:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/yesd0g/Project%20240/DSCN3572.jpg

Fixed:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/yesd0g/Project%20240/DSCN3571.jpg

wutangben
04-16-2008, 08:52 AM
koolcat, where did yours break? at the same place RPS1392's did?

koolcat
04-16-2008, 09:13 AM
yup same place as rps1392's, the end that hook into that black metal box is weak. Well RPS1392's where did you get those cable and how much i really dun wanna spend another 100something for them cables

koolcat
04-16-2008, 09:16 AM
well i guess i got the 2 seater cables but i dun have the end link to hook it to the t-bar, the cylinder-shape or oval end on the cables. I think it was cut off by the seller, so i guess i have to get new cables anyway.

wutangben
04-17-2008, 12:26 AM
ok so my extensions broke today as well. we spent quite sometime making them perfect, yanked up on the e-brake a bunch of times, everything seemed fine. took it out for a test spin. adusted it a little tighter while at the gas station, pulled up on it, not even that hard, and broke one of the sides. the other side is about to come off as well.

these things ARE junk, but hey i had to try em...

i think i'm going to just splice both sets together to make them reach... my car needs to be ready in 9 days, so i don't have time to source out the 2+2 cables.

PS- koolcat, 'dun' does not mean 'don't', so stop using it that way, makes you sound stupid...

koolcat
04-17-2008, 12:48 AM
lol yours broke too, damn those things suck well im just typing fast man dun sound like don't but hey thanks for the correction anyway man...but tell me if you think this set from rockauto works:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1209776&parttype=1696&a=FRc1209776k359377
i calculated it and it came out to be like 70 buck shipped for the set but nonone has ever mention i so iono. What you think of it? It's cheaper than what most ppl on the forum sell it for? LMK

tt99ol
04-17-2008, 12:54 AM
im pretty sure the rock auto stuff will work fine, i have the extensions too but i just ordered some oem 2+2 cables, wish i had seen the rock auto link sooner, try them out and let us know how they work out

brokeAs240sx
04-17-2008, 01:01 AM
PS- koolcat, 'dun' does not mean 'don't', so stop using it that way, makes you sound stupid...

Oh snaps, u gone and dun it now, wutangben gonna slap u upside the head, haha.

Sir
04-17-2008, 10:23 AM
ok so my extensions broke today as well. we spent quite sometime making them perfect, yanked up on the e-brake a bunch of times, everything seemed fine. took it out for a test spin. adusted it a little tighter while at the gas station, pulled up on it, not even that hard, and broke one of the sides. the other side is about to come off as well.

these things ARE junk, but hey i had to try em...

i think i'm going to just splice both sets together to make them reach... my car needs to be ready in 9 days, so i don't have time to source out the 2+2 cables.

I blame your baller projectMu ebrake shoes!!!!

haha, I was going to stop by yesterday and make fun of you guys, errr, I mean help out, but it was too fucking nice out not to go out for a spin.

Suck that they broke, plan for both of mine was always to cut 2 sets and splice them together.

DWvinny
04-17-2008, 11:42 AM
ok so my extensions broke today as well. we spent quite sometime making them perfect, yanked up on the e-brake a bunch of times, everything seemed fine. took it out for a test spin. adusted it a little tighter while at the gas station, and broke one of the sides. the other side is about to come off as well.

these things ARE junk, but hey i had to try em... *fixed*

take bens advise i did the install for him and these things are junk!!! dont waste your money just splice the existing cables

HyperTek
04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
why dont u guys buy some home depot cable clamps and rig it together with a lenght from ur old lines? search for my diy thread there is a pic of my method

wutangben
04-17-2008, 01:05 PM
just got back from the hardware store with some good clamps! 69 cents a pop. guess i should have done this from the start, oh well. STILL had to make brackets for the 2 seater cables anyway.

since it took us three tries to get it right, i have '3-way adjustable' e-brake cable brackets! ;) just going to chop the s13 cable ends and use whatever the length of the extenions were, and it should be perfect.

btw, dwvinny = big help. really knows what he's doing, so yeah.., buy his shift knobs!

koolcat
04-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Finally over and done with, took the splicing advice and it worked. Tried to order rockauto parking brake cable for the 2+2 but they dun even know when they will have it in stock so i just spliced it. Went to home depot and bought some 1/8" clamp for metal cable which was $4.79 for a pair but some how rang up to be $.02 for both set, lol. So i knew it was my lucky day. I used the stock position on the subframe to mount the cable and also splice the z32 cable with like 8 inches or so of the stock 240sx cable, just enough to reach the t-bar. Also it was nice that i could still use the stock mounting place near the t-bar by cutting and reusing the stock tube.
http://i32.tinypic.com/neurr6.jpg
http://i30.tinypic.com/2ppkhv4.jpg

wutangben
04-20-2008, 11:00 PM
it's hard to tell by your pics, but did you clamp the cables w/ the plastic coating or whatever still covering them? my clamps had warnings not to do that so i grinded the plastic off...

wutangben
04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
also looking at how you used the s13 cable brackets, does that actually work? can't the cable travel as far as it wants through the casing that the bracket is connected to? i mean it would obviously either hit the pit or the clamps, but i thought it need to be more 'fixed' for lack of a better way of putting it. i should take pics of my setup.

koolcat
04-21-2008, 12:29 PM
No, i didn't grind off the plastic coating on the wire i just clamp it up just like that. For answering your question about how the cable travel, it is enough for you to yank the ebrake as hard as you can with still some more travel distance between the clamp and the stock brackets, picture above is when the ebrake is release. I should have taken a picture with ebrake engage huh? Well it work just fine for me, as long as it can hold the car on maybe a 45 degree incline then that will be str8. Take a picture of ur setup i wanna see it. I just scared that one day the clamps might slip

koolcat
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Well here i just snapped some picture of it today to let u see what im talking about
ebrake disengaged:
http://i32.tinypic.com/68r5z8.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/33d8h7c.jpg

Ebrake engaged:
http://i31.tinypic.com/2q2pizl.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/2a6qszn.jpg

So yea i did a little adjustment to my clamp just to make sure it won't slip later on, but you can see that even when my ebrake is yank up it still have some more distance for the thing to go b4 it touches the stock s13 brackets. Well let me see how your things are setup maybe i can learn something new...

4bangers
04-21-2008, 01:11 PM
so you have to buy 4 clamps?

when you joining the 2 brake lines together, do you keep your ebrake yank up or keep it down?

what do you do to prevent it form future slipping?

thanks

koolcat
04-21-2008, 01:30 PM
yea 4 clamps, it comes in pair. I kept the ebrake down to when i join the lines but u have to make sure that you join the lines first then hook it to the t-bar and then pull it back and bolt it down onto the subframe. As for how long you cut the stock cable, i think i did like 8 inches, sorry can't really remember i didn't measure it, but you have to make sure that it just enough and once you bolt it to the subframe it should have some tension already. For preventing future slipping i really don't know that why if you look at the pictures i curled the end of the cable lol... i might need some help about future slipping prevention too

EchaKqulo
04-21-2008, 01:57 PM
You said it was for a S13 wasn't it? If is for a S13 use the Z32 e-brake cable they fit, not on the factory rout, but they will fit. For a S14 they will not fit. Try to make your way around and you will see that they DO fit. I got mine more than 6-8 month ago. and i haven't had any problem with them. Check this link:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/projectcars/0211_project_nissan_silvia/index.html

koolcat
04-21-2008, 02:03 PM
well i didnt have the end link on my cable wen i bought, the link where you hook it to the t-bar so no matter what it won't work for me with just the stock z32 cable so i have to splice it with the s13 cable to have the length and the end link that would link up the the t-bar

4bangers
04-22-2008, 12:43 AM
ohh I'm doing it on a S14. So how come it won't fit on S14 but work on S13? is it b/c the link at the T-bar is different b/t S14 and S13?

So right now I have stock S14 ebrake, a set of Z32 ebrake assembly, and 2 z32 ebrake cable.
Do I have to find a S13 ebrake cable and join w/ the z32 cable? Can't I just cut the S14 cable after the T-bar and join it w/ the z32 cable? that way I'll have stock T-bar link.

koolcat
04-22-2008, 01:56 AM
oh i really dun know bout s14 how it look under there so i cant help you there, but if it is the same setup as the the s13, by that i mean the t-bar distance almost the same, i think you can do the same thing but then again i never been under one to actually tell u

future
04-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Back from the dead cause I finally found the info I wanted, home depot it is (: