PDA

View Full Version : Auto To Manual swaped! Idle problem, Yes changed ecu!! Please HELP ME!!

mark77733
03-25-2008, 01:02 AM
Hello Guys, I swaped auto (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=176468#) tranny to manual tranny , My car running very well , But Idle does not go down , 1500rpm when i stop on neutual. So I searched thread for manual swap , They said need to change manual ECU.
Yes, I changed 95 Manual ecu but still same problem, Please, HELP ME!!
MY car is 95 se with 98 ka24de engine and 98 manual transmission, Ecu took it from 95 model code"3C". Thank you. -Mark

kcndizzle
03-25-2008, 01:09 AM
First, have you checked for vacuum leaks? and how long do you let it warm up? And, have you tried adjusting the idle screw? just trying to get an idea of what you have and haven't done to diagnose the problem.

Z U L8R
03-25-2008, 06:48 AM
i second that adjust the idle screw. there is load a little load on the engine with an automatic transmissions at idle, however with a manual transmission there's little to none. therefore it makes sense that this is an issue for you. tighten the screw on the iacv it should lower the idle. also read your fsm about idle adjustments. once you have the correct idle rpm, verify your base timing is 20 degrees btdc.

i also recommend you try unplugging the kickdown (wide open throttle) switch that's on your tps, it's the 2 wire plug.

gl,
Dave =]

verge513
03-29-2008, 07:10 AM
how do u adjust the iavc?? do u have any pictures? i drive a 95. my idle low and the idle screw is no help