PDA

View Full Version : ECU codes

Kreator
11-04-2002, 02:27 PM
I'm almost finished with the damn car, but the ecu keeps bothering me. The engine runs fine, doesn't shake, and i can't feel any power loss when i test drove it (well as little as u could excpect from leaky piston rings).

The car is alright, but i want to get the ecu issue out of the way. It keeps throwing codes at me. The moment we put the head back, it threw 5 codes. Reset didn't help. I disconnected the battery for like 2 days, they went away. Two days ago a different code jumped back up. Reset didn't help again and disconnecting the battery didn't help either. After the battery got connected another code (diferent from all previous ones) jumped up though.

The 2 latest codes are 11(camshaft position sensor) and 91(front oxygen sensor). All the previous ones are sensor codes as well. The voltage on the camshaft sensor is fine (matched the readings with another 240). I'm thinking that the ecu is just messing with me, since i did crank the car over with my harness completely disconnected.

Anyone got any ideas/tips on how to get rid of this problem? Oh and when i drove the car, the check engine light kept flashing on and off (that's when it was throwing the latest 2 codes).

Roly
11-04-2002, 05:26 PM
is your car M/T or Auto.?

Kreator
11-04-2002, 10:09 PM
mt, but i already solved the problem. The instruction on resetting stuff on FAQ page were wrong.

sykikchimp
11-05-2002, 06:45 AM
did you make sure the plug was tight?  I was messin with my ecu (swapped in a new one) and it threw random codes at me while I was driving.  cel would come on then go off over and over again..  sometimes rather quickly, sometimes not.  I got home, tightened down the ECU plug, and reset the ECU again, and had no more codes.  

It's a long shot, but maybe...

Roly
11-05-2002, 09:11 AM
ecu codes (http://plaza.ufl.edu/briand/lsd.htm)

You can find the correct ecu resetting sequence on this site.

I had a problem resetting mines also until I visited this site.

Kreator
11-05-2002, 06:17 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roly @ Nov. 05 2002,10:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ecu codes (http://plaza.ufl.edu/briand/lsd.htm)

You can find the correct ecu resetting sequence on this site.

I had a problem resetting mines also until I visited this site.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Yeah, i got heads up on what i was doing wrong from FA. The sequence i used is in FAQ on zilvia and is apperantly wrong.