PDA

View Full Version : sr20 muffler s14

270R
03-18-2008, 09:38 PM
I just got a ticket for loud exhaust, and I have to go to the ref. I want to know if Its possible to bolt up the old ka exhaust system to my down pipe? I hear the ref uses a sound meter. the ticket is a 27151a violation.
do I have to just quiet it? or do I need to put the oem piping. has anyone been in this position with an sr? does the ref look in the engine bay? any info will be appreciated.

sillydrift
03-18-2008, 09:42 PM
good luck if your going to the ref. my freind also got pulled over for his exaust, but the ref saw the car and inspected the whole car, saw the SR and made a whole list fo things for him to fix

fliprayzin240sx
03-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Stock exhaust will bolt on, just a question of whether or not you have a cat. I suggest you stick the stock cat in there too and hold your breath they dont make you pop your hood...

270R
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
thanks flip. but they should just use the db meter right. cuz I got the 27151a ticket. I wonder if is just noise specific and not emmision? and it is correctable.

blasting_speed
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Pray to the gods they don't make you pop the hood. You might as well get another car and act like you're selling that one to your gf or your buddy. ahahaha

fliprayzin240sx
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
thanks flip. but they should just use the db meter right. cuz I got the 27151a ticket. I wonder if is just noise specific and not emmision? and it is correctable.

Just because they dont have a reason to wouldnt mean they wont...try to catch them when they're busy as fuck. Hopefully, theyll just db the exhaust and roll you out with a quickness...:x:

270R
03-21-2008, 11:34 AM
is it possible just to pay a fine, without having to go to the ref. I dont want to take a chance if I dont have to.

sac
03-21-2008, 12:30 PM
dude.. you could disconnect your hood release cable. that way if they want you to pop your hood you can "try" and it wont lift up, then you can say, well did i pass the exhaust thing? Cause i am running late for work, i can get the hood fixed with my next check, or some bullshit like that.

dont know if it would work, but hell its a thought.

270R
03-21-2008, 03:29 PM
dude.. you could disconnect your hood release cable. that way if they want you to pop your hood you can "try" and it wont lift up, then you can say, well did i pass the exhaust thing? Cause i am running late for work, i can get the hood fixed with my next check, or some bullshit like that.

HA!, yeah but can I just go and pay a fine without having to get it checked?

g6civcx
03-21-2008, 03:33 PM

And then they impound the car. :rl:

Maiku240sxS14
03-21-2008, 04:42 PM
When I went to the ref station for modified exhaust and being too loud, they made me pop the hood. Good luck

sac
03-21-2008, 04:54 PM
And then they impound the car. :rl:
i doubt that would happen. Why would they impound the car because your hood wont open? All you have to explain is that its a 15+yr old car. You havent replaced the cable. "You didnt know it was broken" haha..

you could prob. just pay the fine and be done with it.
but get a silencer for it.. or put the one you have in on the streets. You will Get less attention that way. take that annoying thing out at the track.. :)

SR20d2fourT
03-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Tx > Ca

hahah, It does bolt up.

Goodluck brotha.

Sonic Motor
03-21-2008, 05:17 PM
HA!, yeah but can I just go and pay a fine without having to get it checked?

yes you can. Its like $180 or something I forget the exact amount.

I heard from someone that you get a point on your record for paying it off without fixing it. But I dunno. It doesnt seem to make sense.

But yeah you can fix it.

270R
03-21-2008, 05:35 PM
yes you can. Its like $180 or something I forget the exact amount.

I heard from someone that you get a point on your record for paying it off without fixing it. But I dunno. It doesnt seem to make sense.

But yeah you can fix it.

ahhh releaf I just paid 130.00 over the teleephone. hahaha no court no ref
haha just have to wait long time over the phone stupid queve hahah ticket resolved......:mephfawk:

BoostinGST
03-21-2008, 09:29 PM
lol, i drove around with my old car with an open dump... mississippi laws are so relaxed when it comes to stuff like that, every once in a while i drive around without the front bumper on too with the front mount blinging flaunting the turbo lol... only thing here they will ticket you for is having your nitrous bottle connected, however if you show them its a remote bottle opener they normally wont do anything about it.