PDA

View Full Version : coilover uneven

4bangers
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
so I just put coilover on my car and I check the clearance b/t wheel and the coil. On the driver side, the wheel is very close/sometime rub again the spring of the coil. However, on the passenger side, the wheel clears the coilover for about 1.5in. So what can cause this uneven b/t the two sides? I tried to think of way to make them equal but can't think of anything. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Silvia_S13
03-18-2008, 12:16 PM
some coilovers are notched at the mounting holes. yours sounds like it is, and you mounted them uneven, so one side is rubbing, the other isn't. loosten the two main mounting bolts, and adjust them away from ur hub/wheel.

240trainee
03-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Yep.

Camber differences at the lower mount.

Or something else is tweaked. Figure out what it is. Fix it. Done.

4bangers
03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I don't know if mine is notched or not, mine is powered by max coilover. But I don't see how you could move the mount, there's just 2 holes that you can fit the bolt through, not space for movement.

how did I got camber differences at the lower mount? anyway to fix it?

Silvia_S13
03-18-2008, 12:45 PM
i have powred by max coilovers.

are you running mis matched rims or something?

sounds like something else is fucked up with ur front end. i know way to many people running the coilovers, that don't have this issue your having.

maybe ur wheels have a gay offset and are cheap and made improperly/uneven? lol or ur tires are mismatched and bulkier on the other side.

Flipzide
03-18-2008, 12:50 PM
if its uneven, check all the points where the coilover is adjustable then adjust until you're even... or you can always just got an alignment...lol

Hashiriya415
03-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Bent spindle will do that, check your SAI on an alignment rack its gonna be off if your spindle is bent, it will also cause faster bearing wear, so check your bearing for looseness.

4bangers
03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
so get an alignment and check SAI?

I have all 4 corners with 17x9 +22mm Enkie RPF1 so I don't think the rim is bad. Tires is Falken 452 brand new so most likely it no bad. Spindle bent? I have to get alignment right to see right?

any other probably cause beside bent spindle?

i need tires
03-18-2008, 06:19 PM
alignment will probably make things better!

longdy
03-18-2008, 07:01 PM
have you framed checked out at a local body work shop!!

4bangers
03-24-2008, 02:31 AM
i'll get an alignment today at les schwab

4bangers
03-24-2008, 03:12 PM
so les schwab told me they can't do alignment due to liability issue since I don't have adjustable arms, not sure if I do, they'll do it or not.

The guy told me to get some camber bolt for the front to correct the uneven spacing b/t my wheel and coilver. Is this correct?

So I'm looking for RUCA, which brand and where to get them?
I'm getting toe, front tension rod, and perhaps tension brace from SPL. what do you think?

Silvia_S13
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
u already have max coilovers, might as well grab the max toe rods n rear ruca. max makes tension rods too (i run them as well).

camber bolts are iffy, i dont like them. but it should work. i hear they break under heavy stress. but iono