PDA

View Full Version : s14 godspeed fmic kits

kazuma
03-17-2008, 10:06 PM
Are these any good? I know the intercooler is pretty good quality but how about the kits? hows the fit? I know there is cutting involved but besides that anything tricky to it? Anyone buy one of their kits? I didnt find anything in regards to the kits on the boards(yes searched) only thing that comes up is the fmic it self not the kits.

murda-c
03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
don't think anything trickier comes up with IC fitment than cutting and welding.

kazuma
03-17-2008, 10:16 PM
See I know some one who can make the piping(welding) for me its just that I'd rather get a kit and do it my self and just do it so I have full control over what happens and also I dont have to spend extra to make it look nice and shiney :D

s14_mike
03-18-2008, 01:22 AM
the godspeed intercooler kits are fine and will require any regular cutting to get the piping though as with any intercooler kit. As for fitment, it works for me.

kazuma
03-18-2008, 09:11 AM
the godspeed intercooler kits are fine and will require any regular cutting to get the piping though as with any intercooler kit. As for fitment, it works for me.

Thanks for your input, Iam guessing you have it installed on your s14? hows the fit? Do you have any pics?

S14DB
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I got one basically for the Piping. The ends are bead rolled but still have unfinished ends. They couplers and clamps are nice.

My only complaint is that the FMIC is to fucking big. I mean if you were putting out 750HP is would be fine. But the problem with most cheap kits is that they use a standard size core which is way to large. I am going to get another FMIC that is almost half the hight and will fit much better and still good to 450hp. You have to basically have to fab up the mounts for the S14. S13 kits seem to have the hood latch tab welded on to them. No such luck with the S14.

Buy it for cheap piping. But buy a smaller FMIC.

kazuma
03-18-2008, 10:18 AM
I got one basically for the Piping. The ends are bead rolled but still have unfinished ends. They couplers and clamps are nice.

My only complaint is that the FMIC is to fucking big. I mean if you were putting out 750HP is would be fine. But the problem with most cheap kits is that they use a standard size core which is way to large. I am going to get another FMIC that is almost half the hight and will fit much better and still good to 450hp. You have to basically have to fab up the mounts for the S14. S13 kits seem to have the hood latch tab welded on to them. No such luck with the S14.

Buy it for cheap piping. But buy a smaller FMIC.

Thanks alot for your feedback :) I'll definitely take that into consideration when making my purchase as I agree a fmic too big is no good at all.

spooledyou33
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
hey guys whats going on....

Quick Question.. i just bought this intercooler kit for my s13 i had a Blitz long story short i hit a tree... my intercooler pipes that came with the blitz kit i feel are much better so iam going to use them with the godspeed intercooler.. does anyone run this core just trying to get feedback ... because well it is cheap but when i look at it. it looks great. Will i notice a difference in power or what not or is it just that i payed for the name when i bought the blitz one...

P.s thanks for your help guys this site rocks !!!!! Also i have brand new godspeed intercooler pipes if anyone needs them cheap!!!!

emersonLP
03-28-2008, 11:42 AM
You wont notice a difference in power. Assuming they are about the same size, your car should drive exactly the same as it did with the blitz front mount.

spooledyou33
03-28-2008, 01:55 PM
wow so then whats the point of buying one of these big name intercoolers.. i thought the only thing is it might drop boost .... but thanks for the help guys

S14GE
03-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I recommend a GODSPEED Fmic Kit. Best bang for the buck! AWESOME PRICE!! GO PICK ONE UP. their new black cores are badass!

mtx450
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Why do they only specify S14? Will they not fit onto an S13? I'm assuming because of the bumper spacing. It's hard to find a kit for the KA that is actually worth a look. This kit looks good.

S14DB
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
S13SR and KA need the S13 kit. S14SR needs the S14 kit.

sr20powerd
04-01-2008, 11:36 AM
wow so then whats the point of buying one of these big name intercoolers.. i thought the only thing is it might drop boost .... but thanks for the help guys
I had a no name Ic and had problems with my IATs spiking when going into boost, I would have to ask my old tuner what they went up to but I do remember that the IAT was significantly higher than the precision core he was using

ByeByeSti
04-01-2008, 12:09 PM
my friend joe 240sx_sr20det had one on his s13 and it worked out just fine. he had a godspeed fmic, and then custom retarded piping. but it all worked good

spooledyou33
04-04-2008, 10:45 PM
i am having issues with it mounting up can some one help me does this mount to the bumper support because i was outside for like three hours lol trying to figure out where the brackets go some one help all i can think of s it mounts to the bumper support.. because iam going with a silvia front end and it has not come in yet so do i need to wait for the front end to come in. in order to get this thing going thanks all sorry for the long sentence lol.... really busy

eulalia
04-04-2008, 11:54 PM
i am having issues with it mounting up can some one help me does this mount to the bumper support because i was outside for like three hours lol trying to figure out where the brackets go some one help all i can think of s it mounts to the bumper support.. because iam going with a silvia front end and it has not come in yet so do i need to wait for the front end to come in. in order to get this thing going thanks all sorry for the long sentence lol.... really busy

this is exactly why people go with the name brand i/c

everything just goes on smoothly

but godspeed is the best bang for your buck, you just have to deal with all the fitment issues, especially because the godspeed i/c is hugeee!!!! lol

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
04-05-2008, 12:08 AM
I recommend a GODSPEED Fmic Kit. Best bang for the buck! AWESOME PRICE!! GO PICK ONE UP. their new black cores are badass!

he can order one, but not pick it up, as the op is not local to la.

godspeed intercoolers are cool. they're radiators suck and crack!

spooledyou33
04-05-2008, 09:58 AM
thanks guys i just dont see how this kit is going to bolt up to my car there is no way in my eyes atleast not with the brackets they included... unless of course it goes to the bumper support....

emersonLP
04-05-2008, 12:50 PM
I got a I/C from Hipro here on zilvia. He is a great guy that met up with me a couple times when I needed stuff.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=148357

Fit great and good price. The brackets were perfect and attach to the core support I think?