PDA

View Full Version : Tein Flex coilovers blown? no leaks!

IRN
03-17-2008, 02:37 AM
i own a set of flex coilovers and they suck. the fronts are good and working properly but the rears are a different story. what ever setting i adjust them to they feel blown but not 1 single leak. i know they are twin tube design but is this normal for no leaks?

nismo tuned s14
03-17-2008, 07:28 AM
i hate to hear that. i was looking to get some of these. how long have you had them?

tougemaster
03-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Friend of my have Flex on SC300 and everything are good have about 10000 on thoses Tein.. dont know why your Felx dose that.. did you bought them New or Used??

if New i belive you have one year warrenty so they might exchange a new one or fix the problem for you. but if thoses you bought were used then rebuild it see if the problem go away.

Maxstyle
03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
You're in cali, so it's not to bad. You can just get them rebuild in Downey by Tein. ~$100 each. They rebuild to better than new sometimes. No problem.

jsasrsr
03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Yeah I had a similar problem. Im not going to lie. I had tein's back in my evo days and I loved them. I got a set of these flex's for my s14 and have had nothing but absolute trouble. After about a year, my front right, and rear left blew. Ruined both tires and bottomed out, tearing apart my wiring harness and windshield wiper lines and everything. Overall, Ive spent about 2k replacing my suspension, 2 tires, ecu wiring, and the backbreaking windshield wiper setup.

Yes its true tein will rebuild them.... but not for $100. The $100 is the basic charge... 9 out of 10 times the piston is pitted and will need replaced.. Thatll take you up to 220+ anything else thats bad.

Personally, if you have the money go with GP(these are amazing!), or HKS Hiper Coilovers.

KSport makes a great entry-mid level coilovers which I think are damn good for the money.