PDA

View Full Version : what does it sound like to you guys?

nicku
03-16-2008, 07:37 PM
My setup is redtop with s15 turbo, nismo 555cc injectors, stock maf, 12 psi, plx wideband and safc.

When I am driving and looking at the safc at the same time, I am having like 14% of throttle, and if I let go the throttle to 5% and suddenly go back to around 14% of throttle, my wideband goes to 16-17 or sometimes even 18 for like half second and it goes back to normal after that.

Also when I am stopping at a light, the rpms drops from 850 to around 730. when it drops at the same time, the wideband shows like 17-18...for like couple of seconds, and it goes back to normal for like 10 seconds, and it does the same thing again, and after a couple of seconds, it goes back to normal again.....

what would be the reasons to cause these two problems?

godzillarb
03-16-2008, 07:40 PM
The second problem sounds like a classic vacuum leak.

nicku
03-16-2008, 08:04 PM
i just drove around....and it didnt happen again. everything is normal....and when it happened, it happened after i drove on highway for like an hour. after i got off from highway, the car started acting like that. and now i just drove around town, but the car is acting fine.

and also just now i checked the vaccum leak by spraying some carb cleaner....nothing was wrong...and the vaccum on the boost gauge was running exactly 20 when idle.