PDA

View Full Version : s13 headlight issue....

design240sx
03-16-2008, 12:16 PM
alright well i cant figure out why my passenger lowbeam lights dont work. the driver side works. i try high beams and they both work. the fuses are good. is there a way i can fix this problem?

CrimsonRockett
03-16-2008, 12:24 PM
So, the light won't even come on, right?

Eventually, the high beam will go out as well.

Just replace the headlight.

adrians_s13
03-16-2008, 12:27 PM
1) it could be the bulb.
2) if you swap out the bulbs, and the problem is still there... it may be your headlight switch... as it is a common problem with s13's...

design240sx
03-16-2008, 12:48 PM
its not the bulbs or lamp. i have HID kits. i try low beam and only the driver side works only. when i hook up to high beams, both of them work. im thinking that the wiring could be bad or cut off. i also do have a SR swap too done professionally. i also bought replacement bulbs and its not the bulbs or the ballast.

adrians_s13
03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
its not the bulbs or lamp. i have HID kits. i try low beam and only the driver side works only. when i hook up to high beams, both of them work. im thinking that the wiring could be bad or cut off. i also do have a SR swap too done professionally. i also bought replacement bulbs and its not the bulbs or the ballast.

then it sounds like its the headlight switch...

find a friend that has an s13, and try swapping the switches to see if it works or not...

I'm like 99% sure that it's the switch. I had the same problem a couple years back... so I went to the junk yard and got a switch for like $5 and tried it... and it worked!

design240sx
03-16-2008, 01:29 PM
thanks for your help. i will update you guys about it.

design240sx
03-16-2008, 05:48 PM
alright went to the junk yard and found the headlight switch. switch out my old one and replace it. it was the headlight switch. both of my headlight works now. thanks to you guys!

240cracker
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
if it ur headlight switch i have for 20 bux shipped anywhere in the US =/

kentaro.wakasugi
03-17-2008, 08:41 PM
if it ur headlight switch i have for 20 bux shipped anywhere in the US =/

pm sent. sorry for the threadjack.

Sileighty_85
02-14-2009, 06:44 PM
alright im thread jackin this mo-fo

I got a similar issue on my Wifes car

except both low beams work and only driver side H/B works

It seems the prev. owner ghetto rigged some fog lights by splicing them into the H-L wire harness (ripped that shit off and replaced the H/L harness) and rubbed the harness through a little bit on the driver side fender harness.

I opened the harness from boot to boot and didnt find any other broken wires. all the fuses are good and tried three different bulbs.

Now i hooked up My Fluke volt meter and with the harness disconnected im getting about 9-ish volts on the high beams and 12 on the low beams. and when ever i connect the harness the volts drop off.

When i hit the high beams the The H/B Dash light doesnt really come on. but when disconnected the head light, the H/B Dash light comes on as normal.

Seems like a short somwhere but cant really locate it.

Will the light switch cause this?:confused:

Edit: also it seems my parking lights dont work either, Brake lights do though

Sileighty_85
02-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Fixed it.
It was the Head light switch
Ripped it apart ans cleaned the contacts
Parking lights and everything works now

180f!xherUp
02-15-2009, 09:36 AM
1) it could be the bulb.
2) if you swap out the bulbs, and the problem is still there... it may be your headlight switch... as it is a common problem with s13's...

that's what happen to my s13 a few months ago... went to a junk yard and bought one... boom... it was working again...