PDA

View Full Version : Tein H2's

x'ed
03-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Some of you may remember my story a long time ago when a member here sold me what he said were good condition Tein basics, they showed up and they were blown.

Well, I finally got them over to Tein and now they are telling me these are not basics, but they are actually Tein H2's which were made in 1995!!!

So I am pretty pissed off now, I don't even know if these are made for my car at these point, this dude just really took me for a sucker and won.

So my question is, do you guys think these things are even worth rebuilding? Or should I just accept it as a learning experience, take the $350 hit and just move on and get something new. Tein is holding them right now waiting to see if I want to get them rebuilt or not. Thanks for any help guys.

!!chuy!!
03-12-2008, 03:06 PM
depends on how much the cost would be on rebuilding them...cant be to much. i would just stick with the Tiens unless u wanna try somethin else and if you can finacially afford it.

x'ed
03-12-2008, 03:07 PM
100 bucks each to start. I just don't know how these things perform since my car spends 90% of it's time on road courses.

AceInHole
03-12-2008, 03:12 PM
100 bucks each to start. I just don't know how these things perform since my car spends 90% of it's time on road courses.

I'd say get something that will 100% work. Otherwise you'll just end up spending more money getting there in the long run (or not even realizing what you're missing).

!!chuy!!
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
all i gotta say is research them ..i know they are a lil oldschool but im sure ull find somethin.
if u dont think its worth it, just get another set...rebuild them and ull have two sets..

x'ed
03-12-2008, 03:22 PM
I'd say get something that will 100% work. Otherwise you'll just end up spending more money getting there in the long run (or not even realizing what you're missing).

Well they are getting rebuilt by Tein themselves if they do get rebuilt, so I am not to worried about them working, but I just don't know if they are "good" coilovers, or if they are terrible, like performance wise. I can't find anything in google on them, only that they were the first ride height adjustable coilovers offered by Tein.

LongGrain
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
if you need some coils, i have a set of zeals that will kill it on a road course.

x'ed
03-12-2008, 03:34 PM
How much?

So I take it no one knows much about the H2's?

LongGrain
03-12-2008, 03:36 PM
you have PM.

kensreliableb18b
03-12-2008, 03:41 PM
live and learn and move on, i say.

whats the point in rebuilding them if you're gonna be riding on it and thinking negatively about them? i wouldnt want to do that.

course if you really dont give a crap, then rebuild would be okay.

vvtisupra
03-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Learned the hardway. Never buy old used jdm coilovers.

x'ed
03-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I was told they were Basics, that's the problem.

It's not that I think bad about them, I just don't know if they are any good and can't find any info on them, hoping someone else knows about them.

Palmer
03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Well if you liked the way they ride, a rebuild is alot less compared to $1200 for a new set. I would personally upgrade to something better that is a little more adjustable if i were you.