PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Emanage Ultimate

90S13dude
03-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey,
I was looking at getting one and was wondering if anyone had any experience with this unit. I want to know how easy/hard this is to work with, etc.
Chris

steve shadows
03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Get a power FC.

im pretty sure If John comes on he will suggest against it now too.

piggy backs are wastes of time and wiring harnesses (hacking them up)

xplicit240
03-12-2008, 02:39 PM
there are plug and play harnesses for these units now. and the interface is pretty easy to work with. if your not looking to go balls out with the car then a piggy back should be fine. its basically the next best without going stand alone. and practically a third of the cost. Tuning is much easier as well since your working off the parameters of the ecu. and the interface is pretty easy to use.

AceInHole
03-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Tuning is definitely not easier with an E-Manage. I'd say it's well worth it if you're not going beyond the stock load limits of the ECU or a bit more. Beyond that it's pretty much worlthless.

There's 2 ways I'd go about getting more with the E-Manage:
1. Using a z32 or other larger MAF: Non-linear adjustment of the MAF voltage conversion map to retain as much low-load functionality (open loop) as possible. This prevents the ECU from adjusting the short/ long term trim, while not screwing up the ignition trim too much as it would by over-adjusting the TPS voltage curve (which works fairly well). The upper end of the map would require a lot of fuel correction.

2. Leave the stock MAF range alone (converting by the built in function or using a stock MAF) and limiting MAF output voltage to a set point below the stock ECU's 100% injector duty cycle. From there, you tune the upper portion of the map by extended MAF voltage (if using a non-stock MAF) or setting your MAP range to add fuel wherever the stock MAF would cut out.

Both methods are a pain in the ass, but should work well. My setup was a small mixture of both, to tell the truth. Sticking to just one method would've been much easier in retrospect.

The big thing I hated about it was that it has a knock sensor input, but lacks a function to trim it to (ignition or fuel or both). I ended up selling mine and bought an AEM EMS for the following reasons:

1. Knock sensor functions
2. EGT fuel trim
3. Directly adjustable idle
4. Directly adjustable fan control
5. No headaches of analyzing the stock MAF and wondering if you're in the correct portion of it.
6. I can max the crap out of my GT2871 now.