PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Club seat rail question.

LongGrain
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
hey guys, well i just installed my buddy club seat rail and seat the other day, it didnt come with any instructions, but i figured most of it out. i have everything bolted down nice and tight, and i took the slider handle and just shoved it onto those prongs...but i cant make the rails slide, the lever doesnt really pull up. did i install something wrong? any help would be appreciated.

SilviaSR20DET
03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I had the same problem as well, what i figured out was the seat was touching the rail not allowing the slider handle to not fully be pulled up so the rail can slide. You should higher the seat a bit and then with force, sit in the bucket and try to slide it back and forth to break in the lubricants.

LongGrain
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
thanks for the response! anyone else have a problem like this?

jackjack
03-12-2008, 12:53 PM
are you talking about the seat you bought from me?

I had the same problem as well, what i figured out was the seat was touching the rail not allowing the slider handle to not fully be pulled up so the rail can slide. You should higher the seat a bit and then with force, sit in the bucket and try to slide it back and forth to break in the lubricants.

^try that.

also. try and flip the slider handle and see if that helps/works. if anything, you might have the bend the handle a little more to give you the extra room needed.

LongGrain
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
are you talking about the seat you bought from me?

^try that.

also. try and flip the slider handle and see if that helps/works. if anything, you might have the bend the handle a little more to give you the extra room needed.

yes, i ditched the universal slider and bought BC rails. the seat is actually really comfy IMO, its just sitting a HAIR too close to the wheel than i would like to be.

Altered_Image
04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Not to bring back this thread from the dead or anything, but I just got a pair of these Buddy Club rails and sliders for my S13.

I was happy at how easy they were to install and how they fit perfectly. However, I can't figure out the slider bar installation.

The seat is high enough to put the slider bar between the rails, but I can't figure out what it "hooks" onto. The universal sliders I have had in the past have little notches taken out of them to hook to, but I can't see what this bar is suppose to secure to.

If anyone has pictures or knows what I am talking about and how to remedy this, please let me know.

Again, sorry to bring up an old thread, but I searched Zilvia and I googled it. Google was no help...

Thanks!

LongGrain
04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
there should be two prongs that slide inside the bar. one on each side. you just kinda shove it on those and it clips in. i would take a pic but i dont have the car here with me

essforteen
04-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I had the same problem with my rails so i just bent the lever bar at the ends so it will be
lower to clear the seat and it works great now.

Altered_Image
04-09-2009, 05:23 AM
there should be two prongs that slide inside the bar. one on each side. you just kinda shove it on those and it clips in. i would take a pic but i dont have the car here with me

Thanks, I will see if I can find them this morning. I saw two prongs, but they looked like they were attached to the rail. I will let you know.

Thanks again!

Nate